1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bye bye Dalman (part 2)?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Early days. Time will tell. I know he has been criticised for lack of football knowledge but he, like Choo, will have learned a lot in recent years.

My only issue is the bloody transfer committee. Hopefully Harris can get something done about that.

If so, I would like Dalman to stay. We can do without further off field disruption in what will be a key summer in our future.

3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Dalman and choo have done a deal of good for the club. By no means perfect, but credit in the bank.
    We still need the addition of some footballing acumen, but they have steadied the ship on Tans behalf.

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

As far as the transfer committee is concerned, I believe that comprises a quadrumvirate of Dalman, Choo, Tan and the current manager.

When Warnock was involved, it looks as though he was backed by Dalman to get his type of players brought to the club as long as Choo could get the fees and personal contracts past Tan. I can't believe Tan had any input into player selection and his interests were soley regarding budgets.

Where we go from here is the unknown but Dalman will retain a huge input into this. His record this past few years has been questionable to say the least. He's a smooth talker and a public relations asset to the club, but on the footballing front, it wouldn't worry me if he went.

Makes me wonder where we'd be right now if his proposed takeover of Charlton last summer had happened. He clearly wants a club of his own and although nowhere near comparable to Tan, has the financial resources to achieve that. Whether he goes or stays, I want to see a radical change of transfer decisions made at the club.

5. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Warnock allegedly was good at persuading the non footballing members to go with his opinion.

Harris has to make it clear he cannot do his job competently if he’s blocked by the committee.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

7. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Not the right time to be investing in football, where could be one or two fall through trap door.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

On the contrary Dai, it's a buyer's market. Now may be the right time to invest in football if you've got the business savvy, and Dalman has got that.

He was very keen to buy Charlton from Duchatelet when they were in League One two seasons back. Duchatelet was despised by the Charlton supporters and wanted out. The price was apparently agreed (about £30M I think). Then Charlton got promotion through the playoffs and Duchatelet virtually doubled the price overnight.

Dalman walked away and left it to ESI who stumped up the money but the club has gone through a **** storm since. To top it all, they've gone back down to League One and the value must have dropped. Enter Dalman?