1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Buys/freebies for next season

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Apr 22, 2019.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

If we could manage to keep one of the loan players I'd like to see us keep Cameron. He looks a captain and organiser, good at defensive midfield and at CB Monday, when I thought he was our best player. Otherwise from that list, I hope we can keep Furlong, Pawel and Shodipo.

Sudbury Hoop and bobmid like this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Keep the pole
    When he's not playing he can work on the electrics and plumbing

KentGaz, Didley Squat and Uber_Hoop like this.
  3. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I will personally drive bidwell anywhere away from loftus road. He is absolutely ****e

rangercol likes this.
  4. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Ha! I wouldn't be bothered if he left, but don't rate him as poorly as you do. Always felt he's been solid but never great - also wonder if he should have been a CB.

5. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

We couldn’t do worse than scour the League One stats this season for good players in their mid-20s in each position. I’d rather tether a bunch of grafters right now with something to prove, appoint a young coach, perhaps with an older mentor alongside him, and actually give him 3 years to fashion something with potential.

6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

He wouldnt oust the left back at my local amateur club and hes just about average at best!!

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I guess you must be referring to Leeds United FC again!

kiwiqpr, Tramore Ranger and bobmid like this.
  8. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

i agree re Freeman not being ,quite a prem league player. Whilst tricky and has a good delivery, they are ten a penny in the prem. He doesn't have that extra yard of pace required. Also agree that Norwich won't see the ball half as much. He'd be better off at the likes of Fulham or Swansea who play keep ball. Dare I say even Brentford wouldn't be a bad move for him but guess they have no money.

9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that, I might keep Bidwell as well, I know he's limited but he does put a shift in.

10. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

A thread that makes me sad. <yikes>

kiwiqpr likes this.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Roy Krishna from the Wellington Phoenix is out of contract
    Be a bloody good signing
    Will be snapped up in no time
    Would be cheap too
    Scores heaps of goals

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

A-League: Wellington Phoenix's Roy Krishna named to FIFA 19 Team of the Week
    • 5 hours ago
    Krishna. Credit: Image - Photosport; Video - Newshub.
    Red-hot Wellington Phoenix striker Roy Krishna has earned a spot in the FIFA 19 Team of the Week for the second time this year.

Krishna's been named among a host of footballing superstars - including France and PSG's Kylian Mbappe - to the global, form-based squad, selected by the sport's iconic video-game franchise.

The Fijian has been the talk of the A-League in recent weeks and the main catalyst behind the team's impending playoffs return for the first time since 2015.

First selected to the FIFA team in January, Krishna's hat-trick to steal an injury-time win over Melbourne City on Sunday sealed his second berth in the global squad.

Krishna's teammates Sarpreet Singh and David Williams have also made the team this season - Singh in the starting side and Williams in the reserves.

He currently leads the race for the competition's Golden Boot award with 18 goals in 25 games, two clear of Sydney FC's Adam Le Fondre.

Krishna's form has him in line to become the Phoenix's third Johnny Warren Medal winner – awarded to the A-League's best player – after Shane Smeltz (2008/09) and Nathan Burns (2014/15).

The Phoenix now travel to Perth to take on the Glory on Sunday.

Newshub.

Join us for live updates of the Wellington Phoenix A-League playoff games.

Copyright © 2019 MediaWorks TV - All Rights Reserved

Get in touch

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

14. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Surely known as “Harry”.

SW Ranger, Ninj, NigsyHoops and 3 others like this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Apparently he has turned down 20000 dollars a week from Melbourne

16. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

We must keep Furlong... Bidwelll has been a regular and solid player, that is worth a lot as compared to Hall who might be a better player but is never without an injury worry.

Freeman had a purple patch, but has not played well for awhile, mentally I think he has left the club. If we can get 4 million for him that is good business, but I don't think he is quite premiership quality, especially in a struggling team. Can see us selling Ingram or Lumley too.

We have to take a punt on a striker and a CD from the lower leagues. Both really needed.

Neither lone striker has done anything and are too expensive.
    Rangel is a leader as is Cameron. If either came into our price bracket I would probably jump at them...But that would be the deciding factor...wages....they would have to be within our price system

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

With us losing 13m of revenue from parachute payments and even without that we'd still have to cut costs, I don't think we could reasonably speculate about our recruitment this summer. Most suggestions are likely to be unrealistic. As Beth says it's pretty clear Freeman has already left and we aren't going to be able to fend off bids for any of our errrrrr...assets. All signs really do point to a monumental struggle next season but it's football so you never know.

18. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Any relation to Roy Rogers?
    He was known for rounding up the opposition and getting the job done.

All jokes aside, we need a good clean out and some astute purchases made.
    A blend of young and old, experience & youth.

Problem is, our coaching and management needs a good clean out as well.
    We have the blind leading the blind, meanwhile, we fans are getting blindsided.

I hate being negative but l don't recall a time over the past ten years or so, of feeling
    quite helpless about the plight of club. I know its all about peaks & troughs but heck,
    we seemed to have dug ourselves quite a hole and l really don't see us getting any
    better for a very long time.

The professional leadership is just not there. How these people run their day to day
    businesses is beyond me. l think we were just a play thing for which they have grown tired of.

I think we fans deserve just a little light at the end of the tunnel.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

When you read the article Ninesy posted and think about the loss of the parachute payment, the harrowing prospect of League One football in two years and the lack of money available to buy in talents, it really emphasises to me (at least) what an incredible job Warnock did for this club.

It’s old coals, I know, but I’d have loved to have known what business he’d have done in that January transfer window that Hughes had the blank cheque for. I still don’t think of Hughes as saving the club from relegation as it was last day stuff with the club in a lower league position than when Colin was given the Spanish Archer.

I can forgive Uncle Neil for acquiring Joseph Barton as all his August panic buys were at least triers where they lacked talent. Contrast that with the ponces the Welsh git spaffed Tony’s hard-earned on and how brilliantly he steered that dross the following season.

We might’ve been relegated under Warnock, either the first season or the next, but the spend, spend, spend bullshit wasn’t his doing. That ****e came afterwards.

Tony and his cronies need to sell up and **** off and let someone who knows what he’s doing have a go. I’d like our own version of Levy, please.

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

I give you....

Shaun Wright Phillips
    Luke Young
    Armand Traore
    Anton Ferdinand
    Kieron Dyer

There were a few others in that mad trolley dash on deadline day too....