1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bury Vs The Gas - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We lost one... onto the next game...

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Sorry for not being around last night. Something came up out of my control :(

This will never happen for us. He works his socks off, no doubt about it but sorry, we need 2 strikers that can score regularly. If we have 1 striker who never scores, we are then at a disadvantage. He certainly doesnt fit the bill. I hope he is someone who we dont sign in the summer. But Sinclair has proved me wrong recently, so if James scores in every game until the end of the season then brilliant. But as it stands, we cant afford the luxury of carrying a player through the game. Again, his workrate is great and he is a team player which is a great trait to have but we need to be ruthless in front of goal. Remember the days of Cureton and Roberts or Cureton and Hayles? We need that. If we had 2 strikers scoring as much as each other this season then we would be up amongst the likes of Fleetwood and Sheff Utd.

Quilllogic likes this.
  3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Yep, totally agree with that Captain, where are the likes of Steve Bull & Andy Mutch when you need them ?

4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Even without the sending off I had an idea that Bury would spoil our run.
    A draw would have still given us a reasonable shout but we're now going to be reliant on others to drop points.

5. Gastronomic

Other teams will drop points just like a few around us did last night. I still think we'll get into the top six.

6. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Ok, after seeing the highlights....

The 1st incident with Sinclair to me looks a dive as I cant see the contact and Sinclair went down way too easily for me, but the angle isnt great to see if contact was made or not.
    The 2nd incident looks even more clear cut of a dive to me. Also the reactions of James and Moore shows what they think. If they thought the ref was wrong, they would have demostrated their anger like players do for all clubs every games when they feel the ref got ot wrong. Not 1 player went to the ref to stick up for Sinclair. They obviously thought what a stupid thing that Sinclair done.

Then the penalty. That was a poor decision. The player who went down dived like Sinclair. No contact was made.

So Sinclair dives twice and gets booked twice. Their player dives and is rewarded with a penalty! Why is it 1 rule for us and another for them?

The other 2 goals just look bad defending but I guess this is because we were chasing the game with 10 men so was always going to leave gaps open at the back. Like at Millwall. Instead of keeping it 1-0 down with 10 men and keep things tight and hope to counter attack and hope to get a goal. But no. DC wants to attack and attack and attack to still dominate the game and to win. Thats gutsy but stupid at the same time.

8. Gastronomic

All three refereeing decisions were poor. The ref ruined the game and probably cost us at least a point.

9. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Oh well, I'm sure we have had and will still get a few refereeing decisions in our favour before this season is out so hey ho, onward to the Spirerites.