1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Bury Vs Gillingham - patchy70 prediction league 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Aug 10, 2019.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

2019/2020
    Welcome back to the eleventh season of the prediction league
    https://twitter.com/GillsDebate
    Game 3

Bury Vs Gillingham
    15:00 Kick off

Prediction league thread for members, to post their score line prediction and predict the scorers of this game. Non members and opposing fans are also welcome to post their predictions and views.

Rules are on here: https://www.not606.com/threads/patchy70-prediction-league-2019-2020.375940/

patchy70 thoughts:
    Following a game against Newport County in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, will Steve Evans be able to pick up his first 3 points as Gills manager when we visit Bury next Saturday?
    NB: As I am sure you are all aware, Bury's first 3 games of the season have all been postponed. Should the same decision get taken about our match with them next week, then this thread will be void.

2. brb

brb CR250

Anyone know if this game is going ahead yet?

3. Steve347

Steve347 Active Member

They are crowd funding????

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. brb

brb CR250

Does that mean they pay me if i go?

5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Serious answer =
    Bury have until Wednesday to satisfy the EFL etc - otherwise the EFL might decide to expel the club ( in theory ) - it's all a bloody mess - caused the failure of the FA to ensure some miniscule bit of fairness with the distribution of TV money in the game.

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

7. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Prediction is the match will be postponed. I expect 6 points once this happens @patchy70 <cheers>

8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Match postponed, now on GFC twitter.

brb likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

Sad and it just demonstrates the inequality in football, within a week of ONE footballer selling for £80M, we have a club and community go to the wall. Disgusting. Maybe it's about time a government body started to look at this indifference, between millionaire clubs and lower league teams allowed to go under. Maybe it's about time there was some insurance support package to prevent things like this from happening as long as those responsible for it's demise resign.

WINDYROG likes this.
  10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Did you read about Sanchez at Man utd. He will earn 8.6 million pounds between now and January and might not play. Disgusting shocking criminal.

brb likes this.

11. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Yes, but.....

One of the reasons that Bury are in such financial dire straits is because they overborrowed and employed ex-PL and Championship players on huge salaries. You'd have to have the equivalent of FFP regulations for lower league clubs, probably limits on wage bills as a proportion of income, and limits on investment. That might be possible if clubs received greater guaranteed income from the EFL or PL, but then a further army of accountants would have to be employed to independently audit the accounts. And how far down the league structure would this go?

And then there's still the possibility that unscrupulous owners would milk the clubs for their assets.

In the case of Bury I think they have been terminally let down by the EFL's 'fit and proper person' ownership regulations. Hindsight is wonderful, and under the existing regulations there was nothing to prevent Dale taking over at Bury, but a look at his past record as a company owner should have set alarm bells ringing.

On another forum a poster gave a link to a thread on a Shrewsbury fans forum that had discussed this in detail. That thread actually linked to another so I'm giving both below. A fascinating and deeply worrying read if you've got a couple of hours to spare - there's a lot there. northwestman is an absolute star. If I ever get to meet him, whoever is, he's got a drink or few coming his way.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/98437/bucket-shakers-new-ownership

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99031/bury-again