1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bury game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Apr 21, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

A similar performance to that against Charlton but we got away with a point because we were playing a weaker opponent. I enjoyed watching Eisa in the first half - he has pace and ability and could play a part for us in the play-offs. We made good progress down the wings but have absolutely nothing in the middle. Carlton Morris is isolated and often pulls wide but nobody gets in the box into the space left. Bryn Morris has had a lot of chances now but does not convince and lacks confidence. Even our defence was all over the place in the second half - I thought Sadler was poor today and he does not seem to be an effective captain to me.
    Even though it is agony to watch at the moment we must rest Nolan and our other important players when we can - third place is now assured. Perhaps Payne will be fit for Tuesday but if we produce a performance like the last two Peterborough will surely beat us.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

if we play like we did against Charlton and Bury we will not going far in the play offs . last four games we have had three dire performances, there are all sorts of theories why but we need to get it sorted and we are running out of games, confidence ,self belief and momentum can be very fragile.
    let us hope we get a fully fit team ready for the play offs , lincoln stopped us with a physical game , charlton interrupted any flow in the game and that is something hurst will have to work out how to counter only time will tell

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oddly Max Lowe just tweeted

And unless my maths is wrong, we can still get an auto place if Blackburn lose points. Slim I know but still a chance.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  4. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

I like your optimism Matster let us hope that Hurst with new formation and changes in the line up and resting key players will do the trick ,confidence leads to self belief and momentum let us hope all of them are restored.

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We had some promising moments last night after a ticking off at half time.