1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burton v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 5, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2021.
  1. City win

66.0%
  2. Trouble brewing

22.6%
  3. Draw

11.3%
  1. UMC

UMC Active Member

Terry again not taking responsibility. In his interview it stated he was fuming at his players. They were playing to his system, to his team selection, to his coaching and he is in reality saying I cannot motivate my players. If the owners are serious about winning promotion they have given him a chance to redeem himself, equipped him with decent players at this level but now he has to go.

2. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Middlesbrough to Scarborough.

3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

More likely a Wessie or South Yorkshire.

4. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I thought I knew what formation we played. Now **** knows.
    It went from 4 3 3 week in week out ...
    to 4 2 3 1 even though nearly everyone kept banging on about our 4 3 3 ...
    And that is still what I think he's trying to play, with Crowley the right of the 3, but with a bit more fluidity with KLP (mainly the 1), Wilks (the other side of the 3) and Honeymonster (the middle of the 3) swapping now and then.
    No wonder they look lost!
    It worked very nicely when Whyte was on the right of the 3. That was before Crowley arrived. It does not work with Crowley out wide, party because there's no way on this earth he's a wide right player (like say Whyte) and partly because him and Honeymonster want to do the same job so he keeps drifting into his spaces and making his runs. It's ****ing obvious and ridiculous. Either he (McCan't) needs to a) change the system to accommodate them both (difficult) or b) keep the system (ha ha) and make a tough choice between Honeymonster and Crowley, play one of them for say 65 mins then swap, and play a proper wide man (Mayer, Scott <gulp> or Emmanuel).
    McCann is hopeless (on and off the pitch). He's achieved nothing previously, he got us relegated with the worst run pretty much ever, and he's cocking up this great chance we've got this season. FFS Rehab needs to get rid now.

rovertiger and Off The Line like this.
  5. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

His long and illustrious career, as detailed by the press, gives him as a smoggie. :emoticon-0100-smile

6. Barchullona

I see. Most deadbeats in Scarborough are, like Brid, Wessies and South Yorkshire. And some local ones from a long line of them, same names from when I was young and my dad was young.

7. Barchullona

Reading the comments on the HDM amongst the usual stuff one made a good point. He was saying all through the match how vocal JFH and his staff were but you could hear nothing from McCann and his. In fact the commentator remarked how noisy it was for an empty stadium.

8. UMC

UMC Active Member

McCann has nothing to say during the match he can only blame his players after the match

9. UMC

UMC Active Member

When he gets sacked from Hull City I doubt we will see any more from him or Cliff in other than non league teams

10. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

My ex brother in law, who was a good local semi pro player, always said exactly what you just wrote, he reckoned it was incredible that a coach as qualified as him could **** that team up.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Well for one we don’t play 4-3-3
    And we certainly weren’t setup as 4-4-2 today i don’t know how you can say that

12. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

No mate, but every time you use ‘went’ instead of ‘gone’ my mind just automatically starts reading in a Glaswegian accent.

13. Quill

Quill Bastard

I hope Wilks gives McCann a piece of his mind. Man needs a ****ing dose of reality to punch him right in the face

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Clearly, McCann has a very high opinion of himself, which for this football club is a very dangerous manager to have. There are 2 egos in the club who both think they are always right and never wrong. He never admits he has got it wrong, it is always the player's fault. He now comes out with a cheap shot about Wilk's off-field problems, which frankly is very low of him. Wilk's should have been taken out of the firing line and told to sort those out.

Burton deserved their win, Jimmy F. H. is another manager who has out-thought McCann and McCann doesn't have the ability to change things when clear his plan A is not working.

We will not get automatic promotion whilst he is still in change.

I don't even want to comment on the game, one of the worst performances I've witnessed in recent times.

15. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Dan Batty makes his debut for Fleetwood & gets MOM.
    Is this another master stroke from McCann?

16. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

''There’s things that are happening in Mallik’s personal life that I would rather not discuss,” McCann told BBC Humberside.''

Then why the ****ing hell did he bring it up?
    The mans a ****ing clueless snake without any morals, please, please, can you hold ehores hand and the both of you **** off out of our Club?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  17. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

D*lan managed back to back relegations and we were the first club in the country to be relegated in one of them with about eight games still to play. D*lan was awful. If we won it was all down to him and when when lost if had nothing to do with him.

TwoWrights likes this.
  18. HullPhil

HullPhil Well-Known Member

Some coaches are quiet, it doesn't make them a poor one. "Level of animation" is not in any coaching manual I've read.

19. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

The same week as explaining the reason for signing Max Clarke (not that that was a bad signing) is that we can't have square pegs in round holes like we did last season. He's clueless.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  20. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Sadly, he appears to have a pair of clueless "Guardian" angels retaining him. He always "Telegraph"s his tactics to make opposition managers' jobs simple.