1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burton v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 5, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2021.
  1. City win

66.0%
  2. Trouble brewing

22.6%
  3. Draw

11.3%
  1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

2. thetiger1966

thetiger1966 Well-Known Member

spot on, totally agree

3. BillyBlysPaperboy

BillyBlysPaperboy Well-Known Member

Listened to Mcann on Humberside. He admitted that Crowley was played out of position. Not rocket science.
    As for bringing Wilks personal problems live on air just beggars Belief.
    His man management skills are nil. Last season should have been a warning to us all. He’s dragging the club down and I’m not sure the Allams are bothered. The display today was dire makes me really worried about the rest of this season.

4. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

When he isn't caught offside

Newland Tiger and boltontiger like this.
  5. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Think McCann has been helped out by covid fixture delays, if everyone had played the same games the league this last month would be looking a lot different. He is so fkin frustrating.

6. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

If fans had been in attendance last season he wouldn’t have been this season.

Lincoln Tiger and Quill like this.
  7. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Good post 'BillyBlysPaperpoy'
    I 'Echo' your sentiments.He needs to have a good look in the 'Mirror' because he clearly doesn't know how to 'Express' himself.The 'Sun' no longer shines from his arse and his days of being a 'Star' are over!!! This whole episode may 'Herald' a new beginning because that's not an acceptable 'Standard'....

It's a sign of the 'Times'.

8. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Sorry ladies and gents but the man's incompetence and arrogance has hit new levels .. to actually speak of a players personal problems in order to try and deflect from the teams performances stinks .. can you imagine the like of Bruce ever considering doing something like that. His stubbornness.. his inability to see whats happening in front of him .. his refusal to move away from this death sentence of a playing format when teams quite obviously work it out reaks of self importance not quite in tune with the real world. His side kick Byrne is just as bad in all of this .. what do they actually do in training ? He choose Long .. who always makes at least one clanger per game ahead of Ingram whom instils a certain calmness and confidence in the back four. He continues with Coyle while one of the seasons outstanding performers sits warming the bench. He sticks with this stupid formation despite not having the wide players to implement it .. the list goes on. If this is a football manager then put the tea lady in charge cos he is absolutely clueless. Then he looks for any excuse to deflect criticism from himself .. for gods sake man go .. retain what little dignity you have left and walk .. save us from from further embarrassment at your ineptitude.

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I agree with that completely

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  10. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

This performance today, it reminded of the Shrewsbury game. Pretty much identical, a team that was near the bottom, we should beat them into the ground, pass it back, across, final ball into the box gets cut out. A team that defended deep, killed us.

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

England coach Eddie Jones speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "They played tough, edged in the set piece, won in the air and we just could not get in the game. We were not at the races today.

"I take responsibility I didn't prepare the team well enough. We just had one of those days. We don’t have many, but we had a bad day today.

If McCann would just come out and say something like this now and again he'd get a lot more support.

12. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

If Wilks doesn't get his personal life sorted out his career will soon disappear around the S bend.

13. TIGERSCAVE

If fans had been at games we wouldn't be playing in this cess pool....

14. TIGERSCAVE

Yeah.... but after the 35th time he'd said it, it would wear a bit thin....

allowentry and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  15. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Agree with every point you made. Bring back Emmanuel for Coyle. Drop Burke whose mistakes are costing us points and replace with McLaughlin till Jones is fit. Let Wilks sit out till he's got his head back in the game. Get Ingram back in goal as #1. Don't waste playing time on Scott who is simply not good enough. And above all get rid of McCann before we slide back to mid-table. A win over Lincoln on Tuesday is now critical.

Off The Line likes this.
  16. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

After watching that going into Tuesdays game you look at the forward line and think who will he play because On today's performance they were tripe. Mcgennis didn't do much when he came on and after watching the first half i wanted him on, KLP didn't do enough, Wilks awful needs to sort out his problems, Cowley off day, Scott poor the others injured. I do think Wilks going off these last few games has really hurt us, his decision making has always been poor, 9 times out of 10 he goes the same way but he's aggressive, powerful and even though he missed a lot he also scored a few and did cause a lot of problems when on form.

17. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Playing Crowley where he's been playing him is utterly stupid. ****wit even played him as no 9 for part of a game.
    And leaving Emmanuel out is ridiculous.
    He has zero tactical nous.
    McCann is simply incompetent.

FER ARK likes this.
  18. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Just listened to the interview with Burnsy. Repeatedly said we weren't good enough without any depth of analysis. I really think we played 4-4-2 without the right forwards to play it. And as everyone else says, never seems to admit, ' I got it wrong today.'

19. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Grants lost my backing tonight, not for the performance, but the post match handing of things yet again, as far as I was aware the off field issues with wilks where being kept In house. If it's bad enough to now mention then the lad shouldn't be playing

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  20. Quill

Quill Bastard

Welcome to the dark side, Howden.

rovertiger, Geo10, GLP and 4 others like this.