1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread BURNLEY v WATFORD

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Aug 17, 2018.

1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Nothing like a good old clattering tackle, where you left nothing but teeth and bones - what has the modern game come to ? All overpaid pussies these days <laugh>

2. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

The one thing that the league should come down hard on was Lowton seeing Success was on the ground he stepped on his hand .I hope he gets a 3 game ban .All i saw during the game was Success running after Lowton But CBS showed what he had done after the game .

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well his WO interview last week suggested Troy had a point to prove.

Vardy was red carded I think for the follow through with his trailing leg.

4. brian_66_usa

The problem with Troy is he dose not think .In the heat of the moment he screamed "Im the Fuxxxxx man " i think 2 or 3 times Now there was a mum with a 5 year old son (a bit too young to go to away games for my liking ) was not happy because her son cried because he thought Troy was telling him (is my guess why the boy cried )

5. brian_66_usa

A lot of our fans are doing the "i told you so about us playing two up front" .Last season with playing Gray up front on his own most of the time in the 1st 8 games we got 15 points because we had Nathan Tom and Doucoure bossing the game and then Will come in when Nathan got injured .This season we are playing the best system with the fit payers we have .

kchorn and andytoprankin like this.
  6. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

Ok, he just seemed really angry and not celebratory....I know he gets some (arguably unwarranted) stick so wondered if he had been baited during the game by some 'fans'

7. brian_66_usa

He gets so wound up which can be a problem for him but we have to take on board that part of what makes him such a good player for us .He shows everyone that he will run though brick walls for you even if it means getting red cards

andytoprankin likes this.
  8. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

I've seen the footage of Deeney celebrating and saw nothing unusual in it. He was celebrating with the crowd.

There was a claim on radio that this mother and child were upset about it. This came in only after someone had asked why Deeney was so angry. They have not come forward and there is no shot of mother and child in the crowd near the front at all. I believe that part of it is fake news, someone stirring it up.

As for Deeney, he appeared focused and up for it but I wouldn't describe it as angry.

9. brian_66_usa

There was two claims on the radio not just the mother there was a later caller backing up her story

10. Chris 13

They still haven't come forward now have they? We have to be careful not to find someone guilty just from an unsupported gossip phonecall. It's so easy for people with other agenda to manipulate the situation and put in fake calls from people who hate Deeney or support rival clubs.

11. colognehornet

She would be better off taking her 5 year old son onto a playgound somewhere - this is football for heavens sake, which involves passion, frustration, excitement and, sometimes, less than perfect use of the vernacular. If she is so sensitive then she should avoid taking her son onto the away end at a big football stadium.

12. Chris 13

If she exists

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. brian_66_usa

Sure anything is possible, so we dont know if they have come forward ?The only thing i know is what i told you that on 3CR (and most of the time they do not have an axe to grind) they asked anyone if they heard what Troy was saying and was it to anyone in person ,As it looked like he was shouting .And that was the two calls that they got . The lady did not repeat she just said he was swearing and her son got upset And the 2nd call said what it was if we believe anything that we are told

14. Chris 13

Yes I heard those calls (actually texts) yet since then, despite it being repeated multiple times on social media platforms nobody else that was there have backed up these unsubstantiated claims.

15. brian_66_usa

Agree 100% we now take my 5 year old grandson to the family stand his 1 st game was Man c so some people was not happy

16. brian_66_usa

There could be good reason why no one is coming forward to stir it up and yes one of them could be because its not true . But knowing Troy past IF i had to bet i know were my money would go i take even money all day long

17. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I think it’s probably bull, but agree with cologne. It is an environment where many adults get very passionate, so you may see a bit of fighting, you probably will hear ‘bad language’, you might well hear distasteful ‘songs’/comments. Thankfully, we don’t hear the racism we used to hear. I remember Luther Blissett’s debut and the foul things said by Watford fans in the crowd. It was totally accepted by everyone, but that was the 1970s. Again, thankfully, we are more civilised now. But no parent should be shocked that there is a probability their children may be exposed to adults not behaving impeccably. The racism I heard certainly didn’t make me a racist. The fights I saw (much more frequent then) didn’t make me start lamping people in the streets (is that what a ‘streetlamp’ is? :emoticon-0110-tongu).

Anyway, I think he was geeing up the crowd, that’s all. Simple as that.

18. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

19. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

Cool, I have no axe to grind about Troy, he just seemed pretty annoyed in the highlights I saw (link in Mex's post above) and I thought somebody had been lambasting him in the crowd and he was just sticking it back to them. My point was that he had a blinder, and I was thinking that there were still people giving him grief. There are many people on Troys case a lot of the time but IMHO he has and will give his all for us and for that he should be respected.

brian_66_usa and andytoprankin like this.
  20. colognehornet

There is something about football which allows adults to behave in ways which are not acceptable in their day to day life, and functions as a safety valve. In normal life I cannot shout out 'you blind ****er' at my workplace, or whilst shopping - or anywhere else. Yet at football the frustrations of the week can be let out in safety - I do not really believe that the reciprient of my comments is really blind, and if he were really 'optically challenged' then he would not be a subject for my wrath. Football allows kids to see adults in another light - no longer as teachers or parents, or as some other position of authority, but as real people.

Saxet, andytoprankin and Hornet-Fez like this.