1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bulgaria Racism

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Oct 15, 2019.

1. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Was it worn in internationals prior to the recent fuss?

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

At a Celtic v Aberdeen match in November 2010, a group of Celtic supporters, called the Green Brigade, unfurled a large banner in protest at the team wearing poppies. In a statement, it said: "Our group and many within the Celtic support do not recognise the British Armed Forces as heroes, nor their role in many conflicts as one worthy of our remembrance". It gave Operation Banner (Northern Ireland), the Afghanistan War and the Iraq War as examples

3. thefanwithnoname

Not sure what the relevance of that is to my question.

I genuinely am not aware of the wearing of poppies at internationals prior to the recent fuss. Thought I'd missed something.

Poppies a personal choice generally. No bother what a person chooses to do. Those who shout at those wearing them are as bad as those who shout when someone doesn't imo.

Football though needs to be free of politics etc.

Archers Road likes this.
  4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

i looked, couldn't see a date it started, thought it had been going for decades My opinion, don't like it, tough ****.

5. thefanwithnoname

Genuine question. Would you say you are a nationalist or patriotic?

I would never say you are racist, as I don't believe you are.

When I speak of nationalism it's more the dictionary definition where the bit "at the detriment of others" is involved. Being proud of your country and what it represents is all good for me.

6. thefanwithnoname

What's not to like? It's not happened

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I'm everything or nothing mate.

I've seen friends die for this country, right next to me. So please don't expect any reasonable answers to some questions.

8. thefanwithnoname

You know I respect folks who have the courage and guts to go put their life on the line for others and their country mate. We have had this discussion before. The treatment of ex soldiers who fought and were wounded is a disgrace at times.

My own family members died in the world wars fighting for Britain.

I think ultimately we both hate the sacrifices of others to be used for self gain by some today.

9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I
    We are pawns, that's life, No point losing any sleep over it.

thefanwithnoname likes this.
  10. thefanwithnoname

Yeah we are that.

Anyway off to try and get some sleep. Laters mate

Commachio likes this.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

always a pleasure mate.

12. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think the issue with poppies was that Fifa don't allow any 'political' symbols on shirts and they had classed the poppy as that. There was a lot of fuss about this at an England game a couple of years ago and they ended up issuing the crowd with poppies instead I seem to remember.

When I was younger poppy wearing was something that you did or you didn't do and nobody commented. Now its developed a status whereby people are being shamed for not wearing them which sort of defeats the whole object of them.

The racism at the Bulgaria-England game was dreadful and hopefully will be stamped down hard by FIFA. However we need to clean up our act as well - anybody that has been to an England game abroad will know that there is a xenophobic undercurrent to an element of our support that is probably extremely distasteful to a lot of the local population, if they understand their European history. It could probably be easily stamped out though by just banning Chelsea fans.

13. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

The Poppie was never a political symbol.

Until recently.

It's been weaponized by the ultra unionists. Union jack loving, empire longing mongoloids and an English Westminster proletariat that has used it as symbol of their Britishness. They use the armed forces and those in it as a smokescreen whilst touting Natziesque policies to the masses about the poor and immigrants. At the same time they are giving soldiers their p45s on the battlefields and make their families live in slums.

The cùnts have no shame.

14. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Great post mate..<ok>

FosseFilberto likes this.
  15. A.L.D.O 4.1

Those political pygmies just don't get it Joe. They stick on a poppy around this time every year and think it shows their support for the "heroes" in our armed forces.

What the poppy really symbolizes is the utter disdain our government hold the armed forces in. It was started as a way to raise money for veterans of WWl who came back to blighty and were thrown on the scrap heap of 1920s Britain, forced to beg for work, food and live in slums.

The fact that it still needs to be sold 100 years later to help our current crop of invalided veterans who have been discarded by their masters is fùcking shameful.

There should be no need for charities like the poppy fund or help for heroes. The fact that there is tells you all you need to know about what our Government/establishment really thinks about our "heroes"

16. brb

brb CR250

Unionists you say?

That's me in the clear then :)

#Independence

17. A.L.D.O 4.1

I don't see you as a flag waving retard Kev. Patriotism isn't your retardation.

<cheers>

brb likes this.
  18. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

I think it's pretty stupid to be proud of where you were born, it's not like you worked hard to be born somewhere is it.? No. by pure chance and chance alone you happened to be born in this place rather than that place. So to be proud of something you've had no input or control over seems silly to me.

It's like being proud of the colour blue because it's your favourite colour.

Dont even get me started on nationalism that's even more ****ing stupid.

Be proud of being a good person or about your kids or you're career or something you've achieved or created. That at least makes sense.

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

Who’s hacked this account?

20. brb

brb CR250

You support Liverpool, enough said :emoticon-0172-mooni