1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Buemi just as quick as Vettel?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by di Fredsta!, May 11, 2011.

1. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

As most of us know, Vettel is one of the fastest drivers in F1 today. I worked out that surprisingly Vettels average qualifying gap over Bourdais was 0.327. Buemi's is 0.300. Obviously Vettel has gotten better since then but hasnt Buemi? Even though Buemi had less races to go up against Bourdais but it was nearly as good as Vettel. <cracker>

This is my rough work out, not necessarily correct as I had quite alot of distractions <ok>

2. Bergkamp a Dutch master

This site is fast becoming the Buemi fan club!

3. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In my eyes Buemi is an unproven talent, which is fairly good thing to be so early in an F1 career. One to stick around anyway, but I'm not sure how far up the field he can get though.

4. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Im not really his biggest fan. I was just surprised. I barely rate him tbh

5. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

I still think it is hard to judge just how good Vettel is because since 2009 he has had the best car and for most of that time it has been the fastest by quite a margin.

6. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Well.... Buemi is owning Algersuari this season....

I do think Vettel's Torro Rosso was a lot better than TR cars that Buemi drove, but throughout Vettel's career he's done incredible things in all the cars he's driven

Buemi is yet to shine in my opinion. Maybe it's his car, but he never looks special. If Ricciardo does come into Torro Rosso, Franz Tost has made it clear in the past that Ricciardo would be taking Buemi's seat, even though Buemi doesn't deserve to be replaced.

7. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

stick hamilton in that red bull, sit back and watch him rack up 20 wins. that is all.

8. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

To be honest, Im not really fussed by buemi. I dont think he will achieve much in F1 and has spent to much time in the Red Bull Jr program to actually proove much. Ricciardo looks a promising talent and should be given a shot and in the other STR seat they should have an experianced hand like Glock, Sutil, that kind of thing.

Anyway, I dont think STR will last much longer before its baught out anyway and we can regain another serious team in F1

9. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Stick Hamilton, Rosberg, Button, Alonso, Massa or Kubica in that car and watch them rack up 20 wins. Stick anyone else in that car and watch Mark Webber rack up wins

10. Bergkamp a Dutch master

Alex - I'm inclined to agree.

11. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

These sorts of comparisons tend to lead nowhere since every situation is different with potentially all manner of contributory factors.

But is "Buemi just as quick as Vettel?" - I very much doubt it: As far as I am aware, none of the top teams are interested in
    Buemi for a start (at least at present)…

12. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

13. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Haters just gone hate vettel dominating the field, same thing can be said for the rest of them regarding kobayashi and di resta having their seats and maybe doing a better job.

Fact is vettel/red bull combo is working better than any on the grid, regardless of the car.

14. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Eh?
    The fact is the Vettel/Red Bull combination includes the car!

- But yes, I agree with you that this combination is working better than any other on the grid - and by quite a margin!

15. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

Adrian Newey might disagree.

16. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Buemi's a decent little driver, it's always irritated me slightly that people rate Alguersuari higher when Buemi's always outperformed him. The comparison between Vettel and Buemi is interesting, but Bourdais is hardly the best yardstick. You can't really read anything into those 2004 results either since they (especially Buemi) were so young. Same with the Vettel-di Resta comparisons. Also, just because you have the same machinery, doesn't mean you have the same car; a good set up can be literally seconds faster than a bad one.

The best gauge is to just compare what you see (assuming you can look at it in an unbiased manner, which many people can't). Buemi hasn't made the impact Vettel did by a long way. You could see Vettel was something special even in the Toro Rosso, same with Alonso when they were Minardi. I think Ricciardo, and maybe Vergne, are the drivers Red Bull see as being potential title winners. Buemi is a solid driver though and definitely deserves his place on the grid.

17. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

And Kimi might disagree with that.

18. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I do hope you weren't serious, in the 4 races he's only finish 3 of them ahead of his team-mate, which already destroys your argument.

And if Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Rosberg, Massa and Kubica were all in the HRT they'd all end up at the back.

19. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

You think Raikkonen would agree with you that Newey's car is irrelevant in RBR's and Vettel's success? Really?

20. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

You missed out the 20 poles, 20 fastest laps,

Maybe a bit optomistic but not far off,