1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brum,brum,are we there yet?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Was listening to radio Suffolk after the game and the season ticket announcement is on Wednesday- Evans cannot get this wrong. If he wants to do a goodwill gesture, I would say that anyone who has a season ticket this year should be offered the same seat for £200 next season. If he gets it right, we could have upwards of 20000 every home game next season which will increase if we are challenging at the top end of the table

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don't think this could or should happen, it would be something like an extra £3m hit on finances and I think most people will renew given the positive mood we have at the moment. If we don't bounce straight back the big hit will come on match tickets and next years' renewals.

3. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

QPR fan in peace.

I'm sorry to see you go, I have enjoyed the banter with my father-in-law twice a year when we play you. To hopefully encourage you, we've been there, and it was a time of poor football on the pitch, but sorting out the infrastructure and facilities off the pitch. I hope to see you back stronger in a year or two.

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Nuggets I know exactly where you’re coming from,I felt far from comfortable with the players who’ve taken us down “celebrating” the result of the Season when,perhaps,10% more effort in games we peed away could have easily seen us to safety.We've gone down with a monumental whimper but that’s past now and we’ve got to look to a positive future.

5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

We need some experience though. I think he'd make at least a good CB in a back 3 and maybe even a back 4

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I'm not saying we don't need experience, I just hope it's not Skuse!
    He just doesn't add enough to the team and is a big reason for slow build up play.

Haven't you always been a strong critic of Skuse, or am I getting you confused with Westy?

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Norwich fan in peace.

To hopefully encourage you, we've been there, and it was a period of at times, breathtaking football on the pitch, an immediate return to the championship ...and then a romp through that at the first attempt, all masterminded by your current :emoticon-0112-wonde gaffer.
    If he could do it for us, with only Delia's purse to finance things, there's no earthly reason he can't do the same for you. Commiserations, it's never nice whichever division you drop out of.
    I hope to see you back stronger in a year or two. <ok>

8. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Sorry but what a load of patronising twaddle.

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Well said Warky! You wont believe this but I had dinner with the Cobbold family on several occasions. Good wines indeed, passionate about the Club, knowledgeable, cared about Community spirit and a touch mad, and a pretty daughter I was dating! We can only dream about such loyalties and how they cherished everything Ipswich.

10. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Indeed I have, he's one of the most frustrating players I've watched, he was Mick McCarthy on the pitch. I had hoped a more adventurous manager would lead to a more adventurous Skuse as I think there is some talent there, it's just his mindset. I just think he could be a good CB, seen as we are lacking in that area, also lacking CBs who can pass. Maybe I'm also being a bit optimistic in hoping a full pre-season with Lambert will mean he is more adventurous next season

11. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I merely copied the post from the QPRcelona fan and 'tweaked' it as parts weren't relevant.
    But please yourself.

12. Bigalreigned

Ignore him, it's not been a good day for us !

As for Skuse,I'm far from his greatest fan(by a long way!) but we're going to need some experienced hands to steady the ship next year and there ain't going to be much in the way of budget,so probably "needs must".But FFS,please Paul,teach him to pass the ball forwards occasionally!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  13. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Leeds fan in peace

Commiserations on your relegation today lads, I've always had a soft spot for your club which started when I was a boy and the gentleman that was the late great Bobby Robson was your manager, what a team that was. i'll always remember the epic FACup battles from the early 70's when we couldn't be separated.
    keep the faith lads i'm sure you'll bounce right back, you're too big a club to be down there<ok>

14. Bigalreigned

15. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

A depressing and frustrating day. Softened by the knowledge it was coming. The result itself is not a surprise either.

What's frustrating is everyone passing off blame. Whether that's Lambert saying it's not him that's to blame or Sky and BBC pundits suggesting blame lies with the fans.
    But even worse is the presumption that next season will be easy seems like setting ourselves up for a fall. This has been a long time coming and everyone involved in the club in the past decade needs to take their share of the blame.

The day the fixtures are released is when it will really hit. But now it's mathematical I hope everyone in the club can drop the facade and start the extensive post mortem and repair job.

Nuggets likes this.
  16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

The modern day Bobby Robson thing is a bit of a stretch, but apart from that at last someone has nailed it.

Prepare yourself, ourselves - for several months of speculation and anticipation.

It all means very little until we kick off in August.

17. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Sad you couldn't take that in the spirit in which it was meant.

18. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

It's been an odd season for you guys. Teams that fall through the trap door are normally on the receiving end of a good few hidings, i.e. 4-0 , 5-0, but not Town. The only difference in most games is the lack of a decent striker, early season defensive blunders aside. The question is - will ME hand over the money to bring in at least one, ideally two strikers that can make the world of difference next season?

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

People would love it to be, but it isn’t as simple as that. On both expected goals scored and expected goals conceded, Town are bottom of the league (March).

For much of the season strikers have been playing isolated and feeding off scraps.

We need to slowly and steadily sign, promote and improve players in every position.

There are only two I’m entirely convinced of and that’s Bart and Edwards. A handful of midfielders are not far behind and after that we have problems everywhere. Young players could play a big part next season.

20. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I had not realised that the problems were as deep-rooted as that, I thought it was just down to not having a good/proven/fit striker.
    On reflection, following the most recent "Derby", I can remember saying that I thought the service from midfield was pretty shocking that day.