1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brucies Excuses

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

I don't think so.. I think Ashley knows he's given him more money than anyone, so he'll be sacked in a month or two if results go badly. He won't leave it too late like he did with McLaren.

2. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I can guess Wednesdays excuse already.

Something like "we had to think about our league fixtures and couldn't play our first feam and Morecambe took advantage of that".

Either that or a frank and earnest "Morecambe comprehensively outplayed us and we're the better team, we can't compete with their talent".

3. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

His (de)presser was abysmal.

Confirmed there'll be no more transfers, so cut that Joao Mario **** out. He's "very, very pleased" with what we've done. Mike will be using that particular stick to beat him when we're bottom 3 in November.

Said we'll "roll our sleeves up". Of the Brighton debacle, he said "Pick a team that gets beat, it's the manager's fault." Hardly a brutal assessment of what was an embarrassing lack of, well, anything.

We haven't bothered asking Morecambe to test for Covid19, rather not foot the couple of hundred quid it would cost. Also said it would be their "cup final". I've just had the 90's on the phone, they want their cliches back.

Ben 10 likes this.
  4. Charlie Dogscock

If Morecambe beat us tomorrow, I'm fully expected Bruce to shrug it off by saying "the league is our bread and butter".

Then when asked if we can stay up and finish 17th, he'll say "we'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season"

5. Charlie Dogscock

Oh and no doubt Bruce will have a clear and planned out plan for how we'll improve this season and survive, something along the lines of "we'll take each game as it comes".

6. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

For Morecambe, this is the quote: "I can rotate the squad and I've got a squad big enough but whatever team I put out tomorrow, I hope we're good enough to get through to the next round,"

Just as a very quick reminder, Morecambe's most recent result was 0-5 at home vs Cambridge, they are in League Two and fight relegation every season. But Stevey's setting us up to ensure an exit is excused. It is their "cup final" after all.

7. Rudekid

Just watched his presser and its exactly as I thought.. He's trying to say the fans are unrealistic up here as usual... Im sick of the gutless managers playing that card... There's nothing different or wrong with the fans up here...

Other than that it's him and the media scratching their heads about how they can go from being so good vs West ham to that performance... Ffs they weren't very good vs West ham.. They won a scrappy game playing **** football..

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

You really do just make this up as you go. Which bit are you struggling with and I'll try to make it simpler again?

I didn't want Steve Bruce as manager. I don't rate Steve Bruce as a manager. I can be objective and accept he did well last year. However I don't rate Steve Bruce. Is that clear enough for you?

Just because I think Rafa's time is massively overrated here, and his football is absolute garbage to watch, doesn't mean I'm a big Steve Bruce fan.

I think I've tried to explain to you a few times I'd just like a good young modern manager who will attempt to entertain the paying public. I think that is a reasonable request as a fan. Not a Rafa trying to bore everyone to sleep, not a Bruce and his 90's retro stuff, just someone in step with where the game is today.

Marcelo Gallardo is the ideal. By the time we've caught up with the rest of the footballing world I'm sure he'll be long retired.

9. Warmir Pouchov

You've got to love when someone does a Rafa Facts Meltdown. But I second what Chaos has already said, we can banter and be abusive, but we don't cry then take our ball home. He's defo a wrongun though.

10. Rudekid

I can't explain it any other way that will help you understand the point I've been making much in the same way I can't explain to a bumblebee why it bounced off my living room window.

This is now a discussion of the past mate I've move on..

All in good spirits..

11. Warmir Pouchov

Ah the old "I don't wanna discuss this anymore, it doesn't fit my narrative". Who are you, ****ing Boris?? <laugh>

I'd just like to say at this point, I hope no one takes me seriously on here. I honestly can't help being a complete ****. Nev told me ages ago the board needed one, so I stepped into the breach and haven't looked back. So if anyone on any thread has been offended by me at any point...

Munson. likes this.
  12. Rudekid

No I just can't keep going around in circles honey.. Moving on is best for both of us

13. Wuffler

Wuffler Well-Known Member

Post match interview.

Commentator: "So Steve yet another dissapointing cup run for Newcastle United. What went wrong tonight?"

SB: "Well I'm not one for excuses but when I left the house this morning my match preparation notes fell out of my bag and the dog snatched them and ran off and ate them. I couldn't remember if we were playing 442, 532 or 4321 so I said to the lads just go out and play for the fans, obviously there weren't any there tonight."

Commentator: "You must have been dissapointed with that miss from Joelinton, five yards out from an open goal and he put the ball over the crossbar?"

SB: "As you know I'm not one for excuses but to be fair to the lad, the goalkeeper and three defenders were all coughing in his direction which was always going to put a player of his quality off!"

Commentator: "You must be wishing the take over was back on Steve?"

SB: "Where's the bacon did you say?!"

14. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

You've nothing to worry about on that front :emoticon-0136-giggl

Warmir Pouchov likes this.