1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Broadcasters talking up Lescott elbow..

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by StanDMan, Jan 22, 2012.

1. stopthepress

stopthepress Member

Watching the Balotelli incident again, it looks different in real time than it does in slow motion.

He may have "planted" his foot, thinking that he had to untangle himself if Parker's arms were there.

2. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

It definitely was a penalty at the end, which is disappointing because it's the kind of tackle that we expect King to make well. I missed Lescott's elbow on Kaboul initially but saw it just now on MOTD and it looked deliberate, and even if it wasn't then he still should have gone in my opinion for dangerous play, you see it given regularly enough.

Again, I think Balotelli did deserve to go as well, for my money it was a deliberate second movement. The reason for this is that although he may have been out of balance he was falling forwards and his leg went behind him in what seems more of a 'stamping' motion than his previous movements, which were also him trying to prevent himself from overbalancing.

3. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Lescott absolute red card. That prat Balotelli also should have walked. If Rooney had done that the gallows would be being built.

4. RobofLeeds

RobofLeeds New Member

[video=youtube;gIFPQVqEXho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIFPQVqEXho[/video]

How very moderate of you.

Not surprised that a player who deliberately stamps on another fills you with pride.

You exemplify the new $ity, and why so many other unbiased fans are taking a dislike to you and your club

Moderator ? My ar$e !

Attached Files:

5. RobofLeeds

RobofLeeds New Member

"indecent"

At last some honesty, however Freudian :emoticon-0136-giggl

6. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

can't agree with that. The idea that all 20 teams are going to be on the end of the same number of wrong decisions over a period as short as 38 games is just not feasible. Someone will do better than they should due to ref errors. Someone will be hard done by. Its inevitable. Look at this basic reassessment of last years results for example. Different team in second, and two different relegated sides.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...nd-blackpool-were-cheated-last-season-210801/

7. marbella blue

marbella blue Member

Hammer and Nails anyone?

8. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

While you're busy, start one for Balotelli.

9. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

This comes up second on Google when you search "Lescott elbow".

<doh>

10. Devlin

Devlin Member

Yet the record books say otherwise.

I honestly think Balotelli has to be given the doubt on this occasion as he wasn't looking and was off balance.

Lescott however i've now seen and agree its a red. You can't run at an opponent swinging elbows...

11. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

Where have I said I am proud of Balotellis stamp?

As for people not liking the team I think you will find we couldn't give a **** what you think!

12. RobofLeeds

RobofLeeds New Member

Yesterday, 06:03 PM#4

Father_Jack_Hackett

Moderator :police: :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Achievements: ( that's blank, that is Moderator )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join Date: Jan 2011Location: Craggy IslandPosts: 1,826 Points: 7,593 Level: 58

What a pathetic thread title.

Do you honestly think any supporter of any club would condone a player deliberately stamps on another?

Having said that i was proud when he put the penalty in the back of the net.

You have gone all ragged moderator , haven't you. I said he was a player who made you proud, because that's what you said. he is also a player who deliberately stamps on other players ( whilst they are helpless and unable to react ) , that's evidenced in the video on the thread you closed because you could muster no lucid argument.

were you always this useless ?

A fine advert for reasoned debate you are Moderator, does that scraping noise at the bottom of the barrel hurt your ears ?:steam:

" Indecent " :emoticon-0136-giggl

13. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I dont think you can blame the ref for not sending Ballotelli off! It was an incident that has resulted in a wide range of opinions even after it has been seen in slow motion dozens of times! To slate the ref for not sending him off after seeing the incident only once, albeit from a good position, is a bit harsh! However I do believe that the stamp was intentional but I think Ballotelli will get the benefit of the doubt and will rightfully not get punished, though he probably deserves to be!

14. Devlin

Devlin Member

:/ you are actually the worst wind up merchant i have ever seen...

"i was proud when he put the penalty in the back of the net."

He was proud of him scoring a penalty but in your logic that means he condones stamping? Just wow.

15. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

What the **** would you know about reasonable debate, since when has wumming been reasonable debate ?

Before you read the next line kindly take your head for a **** so the information i am about to provide may just sink in -

I said i am not proud of the stamp as no football fan would be proud of any player doing that, i was however proud he scored the winning goal that keeps us at the top of the PL.

please log in to view this image

The reason i closed the other thread was because it turned into a slanging match and it was getting personal and it was not going to stop so i stopped it (as i posted when i deleted the last two posts) it was not because i had nothing more to add, if you feel it should not have been closed feel free to discuss this with Mick the site owner.

please log in to view this image

16. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Problem with that argument is that the force of the stamp is such that he actually knocks himself over! If he was trying to plant his foot he would hve made a far better effort of maintaining his balance - he's not Andy Carroll after all! ;)

The problem with "studies" like that is that they are all bollox. They assume that a refereeing error affects just one part of a game, which ignores how the teams would have responded differently if the decision had been "correct", and assumes that every penalty will be scored etc. And most of the time people can't agree on what the correct decision is anyway, so these studies are all entirely subjective. As is the definition of what constitutes a "significant" decision - the study you have highlighted completely ignores red cards so how can it claim to tell the full story?

And teams always lose more points due to their own errors than to refereeing problems. According to that study Arsenal lost four points due to refs, but they dropped 14 points against Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackburn, Bolton, Villa and Fulham all due to their own errors. So they cost themselves far more than any ref could - and no matter what the refs did if they had won those six games Arsenal would have won the title. Hence they got what they deserved, just like all the other teams did.

17. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you think Refs are **** in the Premiership then you should see them in the lowest league. How anyone can defend either of the players is beyond me. Saw the match on the box and it was a stonewall sending off for both of them. I don't give a monkeys who wins the title as I have no affinity for any of the clubs in that league so there is no bias from me. Incidentally you alway have to hit the "front" of the net if you are going to score not the "back" of it. If you hit the back then you've missed.

18. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

:huh: Blinkered..Do you lot ever give it a rest..and isn't your captain the king at throwing the odd elbow about?

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He'll give it a rest when he's dead. Or when Liverpool are successful again, whichever comes sooner.

When he's dead then <ok>

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

So because they all support united means that they all invented this little story that Lescott apparently took his elbow to Kaboul's jaw?

wow the lying basterd's nothing of the sort happened..i bet they have all got their red United shirts on because everybody hates city ,right?

nothing of the sort happened did it? <doh>