1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

British Politics spam thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HRH Custard VC, Apr 12, 2022.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'm a massive fan of the trendy pubs and wine bars, and fully encourage the snobbery against places like spoons, as it encourages the posy ****ers and their tango orange girlfriends to hang out in their high priced ghettos, which leaves the proper pubs less sullied by them and more fun for normal people. <ok>

2. YourIdiotSon

YourIdiotSon Well-Known Member

Lifted from an article I read earlier :

Prices are rising because of a weak pound
    Pension funds are being drained by speculators
    Energy costs have soared due to supply problems

But the UK’s economic woes started when politicians decided to spend £386bn we didn’t have because they arrogantly thought they could take on nature and win

To put the country’s COVID spend into context (and no one knows the exact figure which is shocking in itself) the cost to the exchequer of the removal of the 45p tax band is £2bn. The NHS budget is around £140bn. Amazon turns over around £23bn in the U.K. Shell’s market capitalisation is around £180bn

The jury is out on whether spending £386bn saved lives especially once it’s balanced against the physical and mental health time bombs it created. It helped keep some people in jobs that’s for sure but only to create a potentially bigger risk to peoples’ and businesses’ livelihoods as a result.

What’s less in doubt is the harms to peoples’ quality of life the policies this money paid for and, in many cases, their quality of death if they were unfortunate enough to die without their loved ones by their side in a care home or hospital

Keep your memories longer than the most recent crisis. Because everything starts somewhere

3. YourIdiotSon

The “owner” of Spoons is a ****er .

However , his pubs are essential in areas that are seeing pubs being closed left , right and centre . The local “old man’s” pub no longer exists -priced out of existence given locals no place to go for company / a chat etc .

Spoons are relatively clean , well maintained and offer cheap alcohol , cheap soft drinks , and cheap food .

Note - I believe the red faced **** only owns a 20% share in the company . So , any failing won’t hit him to much (I expect he’s made his money) and will only hurt those locals who use the pubs and people who work their .

The joy at them having to sell 30 odd pubs (less than 5 percent of their real estate portfolio) is horrible to see as many Ordinary people - patrons and workers - will bear the brunt .

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    HRH Custard VC, Diego and DMD like this.
  4. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Wetherspoons is full of full blown alcoholics at their very worst and sexual predators… I can see why some fit in.

Uncle Colm likes this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Other than openly voting to leave the EUROPEAN UNION, I'm not hearing why he's a ****er.

He Has a good product and saves many old buildings from going derelict, turned into flats , Tesco or Jihadist training centre I mean all male Islamic cultural centre .

HRH Custard VC and DMD like this.
  6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Black-on-Black Crime: Who’s the Real Enemy Black America?

Suddenly, from out of nowhere came a lone voice. “What about Black-on-Black Crime Mr. Madison?” The sound continued, “You and other Black leaders, who shall remain nameless for obvious reasons, protest, and take to the streets when African-Americans are murdered by people of European descent. However, you can’t be found when Blacks kill each other. Why is that?”

Do you know who is responsible for the high homicide rate among Blacks? If you say Caucasians you’d better guess again. The # 1 group responsible for killing Blacks, are Blacks. That’s a “stunning” revelation isn’t it? So are the statistics: In 2016, 90.1% of Black victims were murdered by African-Americans. According to the Justice Department, young Black men aged 15 -19 are the leading victims of homicide at the hands of other Blacks. These figures show that instead of trying to live peacefully, we are committing crimes against each other. Why is that?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/edit...pc=U531&cvid=c783148bf9af4273b8f19d5c79658197

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

He's successful. That's more than enough for some. :emoticon-0105-wink:

8. YourIdiotSon

I disliked his Brexit stance but I supported his covid shutdown was a load of bollocks stance . So , maybe I’m being harsh calling him a ****er. He just looks like one to be fair .

I have no issue with Wetherspoons as pointed out in my post .

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

He has ties to Norwich, think he grew up there .
    There's an enormous Wetherspoons near the ground to get a pre match pint and he converted the Bell Hotel next to the castle which is a great pub.

I prefer the old school village pubs with a pool table but most are bought up by chains like Green King .

HRH Custard VC and DMD like this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

Have you changed your mind about the EUROPEAN UNION since Ursula-von-der-leyen's Tyrannical covid policies and digital ID roll out ?

Germany are bringing back mask mandates covid passes and military patrolling their streets next month .

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

We've some cracking independents here, that can be well serviced by local small scale breweries. Quite a few have revamped buildings to look like authentic old pubs, and others have repurposed shops into drinking establishments, so we still get a good choice.

The over priced ones still seem to attract a certain type of clientele, which as I say, suits the rest of us too. If they want to pay £4 or £5 upwards for a pint, good luck to them.

12. DUNCAN DONUTS

The most I have paid is £15 for a bottle of lager in Soho, the cheeky **** put the £5 change in pound coins on a little metal plate.

Pamela Anderson was in there with some celebrity types .

13. YourIdiotSon

Yes .

The worldwide Covid response was a ****show - and we know why - but the EUs continued response to this plus climate change (jail for selecting 20 degrees on your thermostat etc ), shutting down farms etc has shown it is an abomination of an origination drunk on power.

It may not have been for the best but a lot of
    What’s happening now makes me glade where not following their insanity .

Just a pity our politicians are corrupt and incompetent and at mercy of WEF etc

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

There's nothing you've written that would tempt me in to the place. <laugh>

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

It was about 20 years ago

DMD likes this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

I concur, at least a few Tory backbenchers with a spine listened to the people that put them in power and voted down the continuation of the covid insanity.

W.E.F puppet Truss can be removed through the ballot box , the EUROPEAN UNION colonies can't vote out Ursula-von-der-leyen .

HRH Custard VC and YourIdiotSon like this.
  17. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

20. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Useless Starmer in 33% poll lead shock. Just heard two local radio interviews with Batshit Lizzie. Car crash x 2!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    Uncle Colm likes this.