1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

British Open Golf from the home of Golf St.Andrews

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by SaveTheHumans, Jul 15, 2015.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Good scoring day once more. The guys all in behind the leaders made pretty good inroads and the overnight leaders somewhat have been static which makes the top of the board as congested as you will likely see in a Major, going into the final day it is all to play for with many of our forums picks in with a shout.

2. SaveTheHumans

Feck sake! When I posted this I wasn't expecting the lad to be challenging for the title outright :) and he's still not even certain of the silver medal with Niebrugge close up at -9 <doh>

beeforsalmon likes this.
  3. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

I think the pressure of the last round could be too much for Dunne if I'm honest. I'm half expecting a meltdown tomorrow but hope he can hang in there, though obviously not finish ahead of any of my bets <laugh>

4. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Today was a good day for A LOT of players, so many players that looked to hold no chance of winning going into today have got themselves right up there. That's made me even more annoyed to look through my players and see Dustin was +3 today and Willett was even par, so many other players taking advantage today but nah not mine. Looks like my hopes will be with Louis O tomorrow.

5. Fabulous Fabio

Also, good to see so many of us in with a good chance of getting some sort of return tomorrow.

Have to say though, if Paul Dunne were to win tomorrow then STH gets a nomination for tip of the year, we couldn't have seen that one coming. Has an amateur ever won a major tournament?

6. SaveTheHumans

Absolutely no doubt in that Beefy. I hope he doesn't meltdown but he is an amateur so we have to expect the pros to take care of him tomorrow given he has no experience of this atmosphere in such a big event.

Would be funny if he came out and shot another 66 though :) great week for many of the amateurs. The game looks In good hands.

7. SaveTheHumans

I knew Bobby Jones won the British Open as an amateur. I had to check back there and there has been several wins for Amateurs back in the day but the last was in the 1930's so it's very rare for it to happen.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  8. SaveTheHumans

Just before I typed this yesterday I had a look at the betting as Leishman was making a nice move. He was 400/1 then. Just as I posted he knocked a wedge stone dead to make it -6 for his round yesterday. I wish I'd taken some 400/1 now!

9. SaveTheHumans

Dunne is hitting a few Amateur looking shots today alright and Niebrugge is playing like and old pro. In hindsight, it had to be easier to come from behind than be leading but still a great week for him. Hard to imagine you could shoot double figures under par and not be the leading Amateur.

Still no wiser to the winner here either.

10. Fabulous Fabio

COME ON LOUIS!!!!!

11. Fabulous Fabio

Only just realised Willett was T6 so got some e/w money back there, but I'm greedy and want the win!!

12. SaveTheHumans

Well done with the placed winners lads. Tough week with so many in contention. Johnson played superbly throughout and being one of the best putters in the game stood him well in the play off. Oosthuizen and Leishman deserve special mention for their efforts and Jordan Niebrugge showed he has the game to compete when he turns pro. Wasn't to be Paul Dunne's day but he will turn pro after the summer and hopefully come back and play on our European tour and make a nice life for himself out of it.

13. SaveTheHumans

Paul Dunne made a cracking start as a pro golfer at the Alfred Dunhill yesterday shooting -8 on the opening day following on from his heroics at the Open in the summer. I was mulling a bet, but opted to leave him as I felt he might need an event to settle in <doh> hopefully he can get a top 5 finish and secure his card for the tour next season.