1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol Rovers v Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A fantastic result for Town as we claimed three points in the last minutes of the match. What with Blackburn losing 2-0 at Plymouth added the the bonus by propelling Town back up into second place in the table.

Town started the game with the usual team but had replaced Rodman with the new boy Thomas. We played some good football in the first however Bristol had slightly more possession and a few more shots towards goal. Thankfully the ever reliable defence was on hand to stop any threats.

Second half started with the same squad but we worked hard to stop any threat and work on building up play to attack their end. Omar Buckles opened his goal account through a header from a Whalley free kick. Unfortunately the Gas equalised four minutes later.

Rodman was subbed in for Thomas and late on beat a Bristol player to a cleared ball and then beat another to place a cross just by the goal mouth and Nsiala knocked it into the net. The crowd of 700 Salop fans went wild and and we're back up into second in the league.

2. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Fair play to your team, they are much better than I previously gave them credit for. Well organised, solid across the middle and at the back and always a threat up front. They work well as a unit and know how to see a game out. They are a big stocky team who have learned how to boss midfield and played themselves out of trouble on numerous occasions yesterday. Although I have seen us play better than we did yesterday, we didn't play badly but Shrewsbury were stronger and too well drilled. Although a draw would have been a good point for us, I cannot deny that if either team deserved the win, it was Shrewsbury.

Matster likes this.
  3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've had a few teams like Wigan and Blackburn thinking that as we have previously been a small unsuccessful club that we don't deserve to be beating them, or even considering thinking we can.

On another forum there are even fans organising getting a banner with their phrase: We should be beating the likes of Shrewsbury!

4. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Well all I can say is that if you perform against them, as well as you did against us on Saturday, those fans will be in for a rude awakening!

Matster likes this.