1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol rovers game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Nov 23, 2019.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

That was a pretty crazy afternoon. We were not at the races in the first half but credit to the opposition who bossed the midfield and carried a real threat upfront, especially from the crosses from the left winger. We were lucky to go in only one goal down and then immediately made another basic error at the start of the second half. Credit to Ricketts for changing it early and Giles made a real difference with his pace and trickery. The effort we made in getting back level seemed to drain us and it was no surprise when we conceded late though it was to see Abu on the scoresheet as he never scores that many.
    Our whole game plan is based on not conceding and that is completely scuppered when we make basic individual errors like we did today. There are goals in this team as we saw when we played two upfront in the second half and I would like to see that formation start against Mansfield next week. Very pleased to see Laurent bagging two goals but my Man of the Match was Pierre, who was steady at the back and very threatening when he went forward.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

too many basic errors from the defence , however town deserve credit for getting back in the game to only throw it away , Edwards should have scored and the ref was awful .

3. Zenfootball2

after so much negativity i was very pleased that laurent scored two goals

4. greenhousmeadowman

Could not understand how that penalty when Thompson went down was not given - he was in front of the defender and preparing to shoot. No forward would go down on purpose in that situation. I have lost respect for Coughlan after his comments about the game.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  5. Zenfootball2

that was the worst ref we have had this season ; yes it is disapointing to hear Coghlan come up with such rubbish.

6. greenhousmeadowman

Any bust- up there was was precipitated by a pack of Rovers players surrounding Thompson when he was on the floor. Pierre went in there to protect his team mate. From the other end of the ground all we could see was a load of players milling about. How the ref managed to spend six minutes sorting the situation out was incredible - I hope the ref assessor in the stand took note of his total incompetence.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  7. Zenfootball2

https://www.shropshirestar.com/spor...nd-aaron-pierre-charged-with-violent-conduct/

"in a statement from the FA, the governing body has alleged that both clubs 'failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.'
    It comes from an incident during the 17th minute of the League One clash, that Rovers won 4-3.

Referee Graham Salisbury booked Josh Laurent, Ollie Norburn and Louis Thompson and Rovers players Anssi Jaakkola and Victor Adeboyejo after the incident.
    Shrewsbury Town, and their defender Aaron Pierre, have been charged with violent conduct by the FA after Saturday's loss to Bristol Rovers."

if found guilty i think Pierre will face a three game ban , rovers fans claim he hed butted a player.
    no defence for a loss of discipline but equally we have seen some terrible refs who dont seem to get any review for some dreadfull decisions and this ref was the worst i have seen.

8. greenhousmeadowman

The video does not show Pierre intentionally head-butting anyone and I am glad the club has appealed. Players surrounding an opposition player who they think has dived has crept into the modern game and it leads to these sort of situations.

Zenfootball2 likes this.