1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Aug 14, 2019.

1. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Sure! The problem was the ”expectations” with the away win at Stoke.

Wherever likes this.
  2. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I gave the impression that we will are most effective on a fast break / when we break down the play with pressing.

We look great in possession, but we are currently not incisive enough to break down a massed and disciplined defense. Plus, we are still prone to “errors” in possession.

awjm likes this.
  3. stick

stick Bumper King

I do hope Warburton sits BOS down for a serious chat this week. You have to control your aggression whatever the provocation. I was stunned yesterday when the ref only produced a yellow, it was 100% a sending off offence.

4. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Or he could become the best keeper in the division... bloke is learning as is our new team
    Let’s hope he gets these moments out of the way and learns from them or no doubt he will face the same old crap dished out on here

At last as a club we are starting over on the pitch and all of our fan base has to accept mistakes in our position . Remember with our recent player and management appointments we can all safely say we are the club that got most things wrong

So we start again imo

Sudbury Hoop likes this.
  5. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights from yesterday. Horrible second goal to them. Lumley and Barbet? Comedy defending all the way.
    Otherwise i heard we were playing all right
    but with no scoring

QPR Oslo likes this.
  6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I agree that his reaction could have warranted a “Red”. He / we were quite lucky!

Wandle Ranger likes this.
  7. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

In your usual attempt to have a go, you completely miss the point.

Lumley looks a good shot stopper to me who needs to work on his command of the box.

Where I think he won't be able to improve is his ability with his feet.
    With Warburton's style of play, this lack of ability could cost us imo.

9. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I found our performance yesterday a mixture of exciting and frustrating

We looked good in the first 20 mins - some great passing football, without the final end product. A number of lovely touches from Eze in particular. On loan Matt Smith looked very lightweight though, and lost a lot of challenges

For much of the second half I struggled to work out our tactics, and we had no real fluidity or cutting edge in the last 20 or so mins

But 2 unnecessary goals given away - Barbet involved in both.

We always have good support at Ashton Gate, yet recent performances and results have been very disappointing - just one of those grounds

Jury still out on how our season will pan out compared to last, but much of the football has already been eminently more watchable

Lumley still worries me - insufficient control of his area, and his use of the ball with his feet is frequently poor. Be nice to keep a few clean sheets

10. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if Wells starts in Hugill's place next game considering Hugill spurned a few decent chances and Wells played well in League Cup.

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

As I wrote on another thread all 3 of them Rangel, Barbet and Lumley were at fault for that fiasco of a goal, and then blamed each other. I think Warburton should leave all 3 out for the next game, if he seriously does have decent alternatives for every position, also fit in their positions. Barbet has a nice left foot but seems error prone, as does Lumley. Kane looks an improvement on Rangel from the little I've seen of him.

igor60 and QPRski like this.
  12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Wells certainly didn’t do his chances much good on Saturday. Totally anonymous and seemed to kill any chance we had when Eze went off.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  13. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Despite the loss to bristol city, I find myself pulling positives from the game, where as under McLaren and Holloway I was quick to jump on the many, many negatives !
    Lumley ****ed up, I agree with Col, his feet have always been the problem and the modern game now seems to demand a ball player in goal! However, I like him, I think hes a good keeper and certainly shouldn't be dropped. Hugill also got caught a few feet in front of Brights cross otherwise I'm sure he would have scored. We are trying to do the right thing at long last and to me it seems to be working. Would love to see Chair and Kane starting in the next game. I'm very positive about this squad that Warbs has assembled on a shoestring. I'm not expecting miracles but I'm anticipating watching a decent team progress up the league rather than down.

14. Bloemfonteinbilly

Bloemfonteinbilly Well-Known Member

Was there any significance in QPR playing in their hoops rather than their pink away strip?

15. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That would be a colour clash with city's red......besides mint is our away colour this season.......

Bloemfonteinbilly likes this.