1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Nov 24, 2020.

1. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Deeney and Perica started to link up a bit. We need two forwards working together in the box.

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Markthehorn likes this.
  3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Interesting perspective....... I missed the long searing passes to Sarr and the wing play..... I would like to see a game with TD from the start too.
    And whatever he says City missed two glaring chances and there were very few shots on goal....
    Bring back Aidy Boothroyd!!

Markthehorn likes this.
  4. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Useful point last night against one of the better teams. Bristol for the most part were kept under control by our defense I felt.
    We were better, more positive but lacked the killer pass and crosses were not converted, we seem to be unlucky on this front.
    What frustrates me most is our lack of forward movement the pass is often sideways or backwards rather than to a player in a forward position.
    Late in the game we had a counter attack with 2 against 2/3, none of our players were steaming up the pitch to take advantage of this and inevitably the pass went sideways and we lost the ball and momentum. <steam>

5. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

That has been my bugbear all season - sideways passing and lack of forward movement, not to mention underhit/overhit passes as well as passing straight to the opposition. These are professional players at a high level and should be capable of doing the basics correctly - god only knows why they aren't.
    The saddest thing I witnessed late on in the game was when Perica played the ball into penalty area for Deeney to run onto, then ran unmarked to the far post for an expected cross. Deeney was so slow that he never got to the ball and a defender got to it first even though he had further to run. I know that he's never been what you might call pacy, but in that incident he looked like a tortoise on valium. sadly, I'm wondering if he is now past it at this level.

6. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

And Pedro failed to play a simply ball to Deeney when he was free too.

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

...and I noted the dirty look on TDs face... for those watching........