1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v QPR

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

So what is your assessment of Naismith then? For me, he has cost us more than he’s saved us, but you won’t have a bad word against an NP signing .

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I get your point about Vyner who now seems to be the go to player to hate on every game but Kal Naismith has made errors every single game this season and has cost us badly. He is not a central centre back so NP needs to move him to the left or drop him imo.

Supcon72 and Red Robin like this.
  3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I was lambasted for criticising Naismith costing us 6 points-still making crazy mistakes and crazy passes.
    Where is Kalas and Klose very strange.

Tuesday is a big three points required.

Supcon72 likes this.
  4. Supcon72

Not allowed to criticise a NP signing on here. You should know by now, you can only criticise LJ signings, or players at the club before NP arrived. I said a few weeks ago that I spoke to some Luton ST holders. They couldn’t believe how NP was deploying KN, they said that is not his natural game.

Red Robin likes this.
  5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I love a good LJ debate - but right now we have a problem with the defence. We need Kalas back ASAP - maybe even that won’t fix things but it will give us a bigger choice.
    The LJ players we have left with us are all performing well. Some of NPs signings are doing well too. If Naismith is being played out of position maybe it’s because Kalas and Klose are unavailable(??) maybe when they are back we will play him where he’s more comfortable (??)
    The defence is clearly our weakness. I still sincerely believe if we sort it we will be up there at the end of the season. If we are going to ‘wobble’ now is the time - whilst we have enough time left in the season to fix it.

Red Robin likes this.
  6. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

We need to get away from LJ players, or NP players, they are all BCFC players, simple . All are now NP players as he’s the manager, he is responsible for coaching , set up, and tactics for all our players. If ANY player isn’t up to it, they need to be moved on and replaced.

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Kalas got a injury other than his operation injury back sometime in November.
    Klose is also injured.
    Only thing that is strange, is Nige never told you when you’re hanging outside his bedroom window, unless he’s got an injunction order on you now.

8. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I think his position was wrong, as was Sykes.
    Both were dreaming.
    As the free kick is taken we had our Back 3 on 1 side of the pitch.
    2 yes but imo Vyner should have been further right berating Sykes to get back for the free kick.
    All around me were screaming the QPR player was unmarked as the free kick was taken.
    Communication ? Out back 3 didn't have a clue yesterday.
    I agree the cross looked offside.

Supcon72 likes this.
  9. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Bentley "passed" the ball by way of a deflection is the answer... dont have a recording to check it and the EFL programme is [ IMO] s**** so fast forward for a quick look at City's 10 secs worth then delete it .. but that was my thinking at the time ... how lucky for them .............

Supcon72 likes this.
  10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Thought I heard that NP delegates and doesn't get too involved in the training side (according to his QPR pre match interview)........not sure if I'm a fan of that if I'm honest..
    He was brought up on defending. With how our defence is coping, you'd think he have a say in the matter and take a bit of control..All a bit odd IMO..

11. Redprintt

1For
    I played in a back 3 and RB.
    We'd have instructions beforehand but as players on the pitch we'd be continually talking/cussing each other.
    Get out, get up, get wide, who've you got etc etc.
    Concentration and communication matter most when your the other side of the white line.
    You can blame coaching if you want but mate, you can't educate pork.

Red Robin and Reliant Robin TC2 like this.
  12. Redprintt

No, he's just started playing and ok sometimes he gets distracted but he really is interested. Love his celebrations when we score, shame he hasn't seen us win yet.

RedorDead likes this.
  13. oneforthebristolcity

I can see the problems, you can see the problems.....surely those that lack concentration and communication should be either told in no uncertain terms or dropped.
    Are you saying that it can't be coached into them? If you are...we are in deep sh!t..

14. realred1952

been my argument since 2021/2022! coaching staff were mostly defensive but not good at it ....... trouble sometimes with having mates to do the jobs you want them to, and how you want them to.........

15. realred1952

now 2 games away from top 6 & 2 games away from relegation zone ... and Watford to come!

16. Redprintt

'.....surely those that lack concentration and communication should be either told in no uncertain terms or dropped'.

In a perfect world but do you know who could come in because I don't.

'Are you saying that it can't be coached into them?'
    I seriously doubt Vyner full stop.

17. oneforthebristolcity

What about Naismith?

18. Supcon72

Why isn’t NP changing it, all 3 CBs have cost us goals in out last 3 games, so why aren’t we seeing Klose? Atkinson still has plenty of credit in the bank for me, Vyner has gotten better, but you know a mistake is never far away, Naismith is the one who concerns me the most. Thinks he’s Beckenbaur, but isn’t!

Red Robin likes this.
  19. Redprintt

Supcon72
    You've pinched the name I gave Naismith after our first home game against Sunderland.
    I've said before on here he's too much of a footballer and should play alongside a CH.
    Nevertheless I'd kick his ass and tell him not to take ridiculous chances.
    I don't see him training but could he play as a sitting midfielder ? But then who instead do we play at the back, Kalas and Klose are injured.
    We're between a rock and a hard place.

Red Robin and Supcon72 like this.
  20. Redprintt

Could we risk playing Vyner and Atkinson centrally in a back 4 allowing Naismith to play as the sitting midfielder.
    Scott's suspended against Coventry, might Pearson chance it ?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022