1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Nottingham Forest

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Talk about being an eternal optimist - you got nothing on me.

I think we're going to win tonight.......<laugh><laugh>

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  2. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yes and are you really suggesting that this was the tactic formulated by the coach?
    Sorry you are wrong those chances came before Forest had their chances. I find it hilarious that the other poster with the LJ infatuation when I said that about Fulham missing chances to win the game dismissed that self same point, especially given that according to the stats we had more clear cut chances in that game.

I have sympathy for your point about being on the front foot, the problem it's players like ODowda and Palmer who should be the players putting us on the front foot and they are not and 5mil strikers like Wells converting the chances when they come our way and he is not. But by the same token I don't like us defending set pieces with all 11 players, leaving nobody up front, what would hurt perhaps leaving DaSilva up on the halfway line for instance at least our opponents would have leave 2 back as cover.

My point is had we taken our chances, the complexion of the game might have changed.

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Not unfair, it's untrue.

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

If you think that at least 5 of our squad are actually good enough at this level, then well done you.

3 of them have not been remotely consistent since they arrived all for big money.

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Wells-palmer have had there chips after last night me thinks.

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I was being diplomatic.
    Anyone in doubt should check out the 6minute YouTube highlights.

Jiffie likes this.
  7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Wells had one of his best games for us, actually playing in the central position. And you come out with that gem.

AshtonRed and Supcon72 like this.
  8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

He was better last night especially after our goal, he seemed to be more switched on whereby he was making instant decisions instead of looking like he was unsure of what to do, like the chance where he dallied too long on, was dispossessed and Weimann missed his shot and then Scott missed at the far post but still missed the chance to put us 2 up, I think he chose the wrong option on 2 counts, not taking at least another touch and secondly hitting it at a height that although a very good save made that save more comfortable, I think it needed to be hit hard and low.

9. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

DOING ok almost 30mins and 0-0

10. Red Robin

sorry him and Palmer have been a massive waste of money-City have not had there pounds out of either.
    Both need to go and I bet you a tenner they will be gone in the next 12 months

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Probably because he’s been played out of position maybe.

12. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

To be fair I have never rated CM, and would actually say salaries being equal Fammy would be far better!
    HOWEVER assume CM not available this weekend ... who would be our CF? ...Wells... Weimann .... Bell... Conway ... Janneh .... Semenyo SUPPOSING ALL WERE FIT .......

13. Red Robin

Someone that can hit the back of the net would be nice.

14. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Wells played well Tuesday, was unlucky not to score and created our goal. Keep playing him through the middle because out wide he’s a waste of time. Give him games in his natural position before writing him off.

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Close to 80 games? 17 goals? all out wide?

16. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

You speak as though the vast majority of his appearances under 3 managers have been out wide, just not not true.

The first sentence is almost true he created our goal, but should have scored a 2nd, up till the shot for the first goal his was another poor performance, after he looked much better and more of a threat but as I said should have scored a 2nd goal for us. Against Bournemouth he played down the middle and had 3 'strikers' type chances and never hit the target once and never looked like as if he would.

I defended him a lot last season, especially against one poster who claimed that he was missing chances every game, but could not recall one such miss. My defence of him was that we were not creating chances last season, this season we are and we are not taking them especially at vital stages of games and it is killing us, the old saying 'goals change games' is true but we are not getting the 2nd goal at home and that is the problem.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  17. AshtonRed

I’ve been disappointed with him overall, but feel he’s a confidence player and needs to be given a run of games in his favoured position, however I do feel he’s in the last chance saloon.

18. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I think he has been in that particular saloon since most of last season, I also think he has company with Palmer and ODowda and one or two others are closing in for their place in the saloon as well.

AshtonRed and Red Robin like this.
  19. Red Robin

All these will be going over the next 12 mnts.

20. AshtonRed

Wouldn’t surprise me