1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Nottingham Forest .

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I have attached a like to your reply, mainly because it was a little more honest for a change.

The clue with Hunt is 3 managers/coaches + a host of BCFC coaches have failed, he's 30 years old lets move on. Adelakum has played 7 games in 3 years for a reason, he is yet another league 1 player, trying to play in the championship, I have not seen a spark of flair.

You are correct about flair, I love flair players as well, but flair players usually have a flaw in their game, so you build your team around those players, with players who can make up for those flaws and that is something that BCFC over the years have singularly failed to do.

The difference with Pearson is he won't play Ashton's and SL's games. The bottom line is he has inherited a very poor squad, he knows it and a majority of fans know it, but SL is still defending his favourite son Ashton by stating that we have a very strong squad, that is just nonsense, a strong squad would be consistent (you have already admitted that we are not and have not been consistent) I will admit injuries have hampered us, but yet again the question has to be asked why are we suffering so many hamstring injuries and why are these injuries being apparently so poorly treated by our rehab team.

Pearson is right that appointing a full time manager in the summer would be too late and would probably end with up us being relegation fodder next season, with so many out of contract players and youngsters coming through together, we have a unique opportunity to add quality where it is so desperately needed, whoever the full time manager is, if he doesn't fancy Pearson then fine, he pays the bills, just fecking well get on with it.

My only advice to SL would be, the leading lights of replacing Holden are not fairing so well either, Cook's impact at Ipswich has been pretty much the same as Pearsons, Lincoln under Appleton have been dropping like a Russian submarine, so who next?

There is a report that SL is jetting over to the UK as we speak to sort out the manager issue, let's hope so, season tickets have gone on sale today and full crowds are expected for the start of next season, I think this is the most important decision SL has had to make at BCFC, because a recent poll suggests that up to 50% of BCFC fans are holding fire on renewing until they have clarity over next season.

Edit:- I would suggest 'arrogant' is part of the job description of any successful manager, I cannot think of many who have had success without that arrogance, I can go back to Alf Ramsey, Revie, Clough, Fergy, Pep, Jose, Klopp, the list is endless.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    AshtonRed likes this.
  2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Apart from your first sentence........................................I agree pretty much with the rest..
    NB......I'm always honest..........or I try to be, unless I'm in the mood for winding someone up!! :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

If Lansdown and the board get this one wrong again, unless Nige walks away of his own accord, then attendances next season could easily be back to around 12,000. People are sick of being taken for mugs by people not qualified to make the important decisions.

Jiffie likes this.
  4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I agree, I cannot see him being pissed around with, because he will get another job. The biggest problem that I see is looking around who else there? apart from the lower league disappointments already mentioned?.

There is an irony here, Cook who was apparently not 'a fit' for BCFC is now manager of Ipswich, apparently Ashton's destination, so why not Appleton if he is so good?

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member