1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Predict The Result

Poll closed Jan 14, 2018.
  1. Robins Win

40.0%
  2. Canaries Win

30.0%
  3. Stalemate

30.0%
  1. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Lovely, Cromer. Love to hear that.

2. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Agree entirley, RER.

3. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

And his name's not fanny

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

We need to unearth the next Batty.

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

It's great to see how some of these youffs can make the step up with little or no effort and even with the loss of Pritchard and could it turn out to be a 'blessing in disguise???'

RiverEndRick likes this.
  6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

KIO likes this.
  7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I like these player profiles the Pink'un does following a match but the opinions don't always match the information provided. He made a crude tackle near the end out of his frustrations by that point, but I don't see where the 'petulant' label comes from. The account details both plusses and minuses in his performance, which includes his failure to get his shot on target when clean through on the keeper. He's definitely out of form, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly a bad player. Yesterday's game would have suited Jerome much better -harassing defenders, holding the ball up and then laying it off. Those aren't Oliveira's strengths and never will be. His game is taking on packed defenses using his technical skills.

carrowcanario and JM Fan like this.
  8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes Rick - we just get the reporter's point of view and how he sees things. I'm sure it was canario who said that CJ is better suited to away games and we might see him at least on the bench on Wednesday.

9. RiverEndRick

I've always advocated that Jerome is the better option in away games where his pace and hold up play suit the tactics. We could do with either CJ or Watkins against Chelsea.

JM Fan likes this.
  10. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Jerome has played his last game for us mark my words <ok>

11. RiverEndRick

Given that Phillips came from Liverpool he was already pretty advanced, though held up by injuries there. Like Cantwell, he's made the first team bench so he must be getting close. Game time at Cambridge will give him a chance to push on next year. Those two, plus Morris, Fonkeu, Abrahams, Thompson and Godfrey should offer an interesting range of options for next season.

EDIT: Raggett's cameo yesterday suggests that he's considered ready as our 4th CB.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  12. RiverEndRick

You're putting your money on the Telegraph rumour about 'clubs testing our resolve'? ;)

13. RiverEndRick

14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick and I've just read it and the comments that follow/ I know it's early days (we might even see the 'false dawn thread reappear!!), but to get that win yesterday with all the turmoil of the preceding week was exceptional and was achieved by TEAMWORK and I don't think we had a 'weakest link' anywhere on the pitch.
    I've a hunch we may JUST scrape into one of the play-off positions!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Edit - Just seen this comment on the MFW article - "I was a bit concerned at how long Maddison spent saluting and waving and blowing kisses to the fans at the end; hopefully it was just me being paranoid."

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  15. RiverEndRick

How many swallows do we need for a turning of the corner? So far it's 5 games unbeaten, four of which were clean sheets. We even managed to win without Pritchard, like we did on the 8 game unbeaten run. ;)

JM Fan likes this.
  16. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Some words pf reality/caution from DF - http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-farke-championship-play-off-warning-1-5354455
    This is an excerpt from the article - "James Maddison’s eighth goal of a breakthrough season is only likely to fuel speculation he could follow Pritchard out of Carrow Road this month. “After this game I don’t think about transfer windows, new signings or who can come in,” said Farke. “This was an exhausting week and I just want to enjoy the feeling. We won’t fall asleep because we have sold some players and we know we need to bring some in.

“James Maddison has been a brilliant player for us this season. He is able to influence the balance of the games, he is able to score, he is able to provide assists, his set pieces are outstanding. “His body language is so good for someone of a young age. He is a leader. “This wasn’t his best game and he made some wrong decisions, but even when you don’t have your best day, to be there for the determining goal is a sign of his quality."

Let's enjoy watching him play in yellow and green while we can!! <ok>

Edit - I've just seen this on MFW from Martin Penney and thought this was particularly pertinent - "And the goal – that sublime goal from James Maddison – was fit to win any game of football. Chuck in the efforts of Angus Gunn at the death and you have the makings of a serious little outfit here. If only we could hold on to both protagonists…
    For all my regular moans, Webber, Farke and Co might just be getting somewhere despite the best efforts of the Board to undermine them. C’mon, I’m allowed one dig per article."
    http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...thats-precisely-what-the-yarmy-likes-to-hear/

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    canary-dave, Walsh.i.am and KIO like this.
: CanaryCall