1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Birmingham City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 10, 2018.

1. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

A brave change of formation by LJ and it worked.

I would not want to watch that every week but it worked.

Young Lloyd had a really steady game

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'A brave change of formation by LJ'

I'm not sure it's that much of a change in LJ's thinking as reverting to type smh - I think LJ's 'go to' style has been to big men from day 1.
    Why else would his star buys be Djuric, Engvall, Fammy and even his loan front man Woodrow is a lump.
    Either injured, or useless in Engvall's case, LJ was almost forced early season to go with Bobby Reid pressing up top.

So pleased about Lloyd's progression and also Vyner at Plymouth who is getting great reviews down there.

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yeah, if by some miracle we keep hold of Bryan and Reid it would be great to see 4 academy products in the first XI next year. Reckon we might see Bakinson knocking on the door too. I did hear a rumour that he was due to be in the squad for the Man Utd game, but he was dropped after letting it leak, presumably to friends/family or on social media. Could be absolute nonsense but if that's the case he must be pretty close.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Plymouth has been a very good outlet for our academy players, both Bryan and Reid spent time there and got rave reviews from their fans as well. I think Taylor Moore would benefit more from a club like Plymouth than Bury.

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

other fixtures are against us .. a rock and a hard place!!! == rock == if other teams had games not against top 11 then we would need to do better than them, hard place === as it is points sharing or teams beating the wrong team ...
    we first off need Fulham Cardiff and villa to win all their games ....... we need to win 3 draw 1 / win 2 draw 2 ....or else welcome Wigan, STOKE AND wba to the gate next season!

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

what about Smith...

7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

What about him JGF? Which Smith?
    Garita was less of a success there though.....