1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Birmingham City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

Can we just be positive for a few days. That was a good result against a Birmingham team that has reccovered well and has been on a good run recently. I have been as disappointed as most of you recently but there is still some hope of making the playoffs. Let's gat behind the team! COYR

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Totally agree...<ok>

Redandy likes this.
  3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Second half was a lot more comfortable than the first half, we were so open with the formation in the first half Birmingham had a lot of chances and lucky for us they missed 3/4 golden chances or they could have been at least 4-2 ahead at HT.

Good game overall, great to get the 3 points, a win feels great tonight.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Millwall will be the difficult team to overtake. Saturday is our cup final no doubt about it, a win at Boro and we are right back in it, a defeat and it’s gone.
    Boro have by far the hardest run in of the 5/6 trams chasing that final play off spot.
    COYR!!

Redprintt likes this.
  5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

That doesn’t quite add up mate - if Boro have a tough run-in (I’ve not checked) then beating us would be just the start of their challenges. We could still recover points.
    It’s not over till it’s over.
    Millwall have peaked now. We are just about to recover our form just in time (I need a tablet)

6. Supcon72

It’s more if we lose that game them and Millwall are pretty much uncatchabke for us with only 3 games left

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

There's more than one way to win a football game, as Man C & Barcelona has found out tonight.. Sometimes it's all about getting results.
    Changes made by the gaffer to change things around has at last worked for him......
    I've always admired managers that are able to adapt to each and every game, entertaining is good but needs must when required...
    Well done LJ and the team tonight.

8. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

i think you should check Millwall's remaining games..............................ouch, may be there's a slight window of opportunity IF we take it!
    Saturday massive :emoticon-0107-sweat

9. Supcon72

Better to surge into the play offs with momentum than drop into them with disappointment like Cardiff
    If Cardiff do miss out on the top 2 it will be really tough for them to get going again.
    My money is on Villa for the play offs

10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Wheres RR? WHEN YOU WANT ASTRAIGHT MATCH SUMMARY.... !

RedorDead likes this.

11. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

He's waiting for the fat lady to sing and although she is hiding somewhere I still haven't heard her. We needed that win tonight, if only to boost the lads and us, but the next one is virtually a must win to stay in the hunt. Well done lads and remember where we all want to go.

12. oneforthebristolcity

Bear or bare hugging Taylor probably!!!

RedorDead likes this.
  13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

just been looking at the remaining fixtures for the top teams Derby and Millwall have hardest run in...

teams 5th to 11th if any one can get 9 points likely to finish 6th!!!!

14. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Cracking three points,boys put a shift in,as Tom said better finishing first half by Brum could have been different,Fammy ran his socks off,great touch for a big guy.

Matty Taylor give him game time and he will score,very clever player.

Monster game at Boro Saturday.

15. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

As said Taylor will score for fun,give him game time and the service and he will bang them in,quality natural striker.

16. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Sorry in advance for being a bit negative... But I'm still not confident about the play-offs. Decent win last night but there were a couple of great chances for Birmingham, particularly one where they could have made it 2-2. If we'd thrown away a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2, we'd all be slating the team, even though it would be largely the same performance.

So based on the above, just to contextualise it a bit, we marginally outfought a team in ok form that have been fighting relegation, at home. That's expected behaviour, not above and beyond, and we're going to need to be far above that against Boro.

I don't know, maybe I've experienced too many disappointments, but the play-offs? I just don't see it.

17. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm very happy for him to be part of the team, but I'm not sure I'd drop either of Reid or Diedhiou if fit.

18. oneforthebristolcity

I agree with you Bob, I've no confidence in us making the playoffs....I'm not sure with our form since the turn of 2018 that we deserve it. Also being a bit negative, even if we did get there, I don't see us progressing very far.
    We have lots to improve in our game and I worry by getting in the playoffs will detract from the problems required that need to be addressed.

19. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

1For, great comment but I disagree, albeit slightly.
    You've known me say many times, 'the tide always turns down Weston'.
    Well, I'm keeping everything crossed that it might have turned just in time for us this w/e and beyond.
    Boro after the last few results just might be hitting a flat spot, Millwall will find it difficult to keep up their unbelievable run especially with their upcoming fixture list.
    Hope Springs Eternal 1For.

20. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Birmingham missed some sitters but so did we - if Diedhiou had hit that shot on the turn instead of trying to bring the ball under control - plus Reid hit the bar. Both sides could have scored 2 more goals each.
    Also let’s not forget that Birmingham have improved of late and have turned into a good side. We beat a decent team last night.
    As for the playoffs; the league table doesn’t lie today and it won’t at the end of the season. If we get there it will be deserved. If we don’t it will be because we don’t deserve to get there - simples.

manxrobin and Redprintt like this.