1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Bristol City - Transfers and Rumours - 2020/21

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 15, 2021.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

that's one and before Friday!

2. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Positive feedback from the Leicester Mercury <ok>

Leicester City fans say the same thing as transfer reunion is confirmed
    The former City midfielder has signed for Championship side Bristol City.

Leicester City fans have been quick to send their messages of support to former midfielder Matty James.
    It was confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that the 29-year-old has joined up with former City boss Nigel Pearson at Bristol City after leaving the King Power Stadium at the end of his contract.
    James becomes the second former City player to rejoin his former manager after Danny Simpson extended his stay at the club earlier in the day.
    Bristol City have also been linked with a summer move for City legend Andy King, who had a difficult time at OH Leuven in Belgium last season.
    Ahead of his move to Ashton Gate, James took to social media to send his thanks to the club, where he has spent the last nine years.

“I would like to say a massive thank you to Leicester City Football Club for all the support, encouragement and belief you have shown in me over the past 9 years,” he wrote on Instagram.
    “I will forever be grateful for the opportunities I have had with the team, albeit there have been some difficult obstacles to overcome.”

The message prompted a response from City fans, who flooded the comments with good luck messages.
    Some supporters also took to Twitter and Facebook to react to the news, with many happy to see the midfielder again link up with Pearson

NinetyMinutes: So deserved and good luck to Matty James at the Robins. Terrible injuries #lcfc but seems to have proven his fitness lately. Nigel Pearson will get the best out of him
    Brendan’s mighty blues: Nige bringing the gang back together, get in kingy and bristol city are my second love
    Jack Jeffrey: Good luck @mattyjames_22! Look after him guys, he’s class
    Chris Jones: Wish him all the best, he should do well with Nigel

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We are starting to get there in the new player market and we have to trust Nigel in what he is doing. The man has football nous combined with a great number of contacts in the business and that is something we have always lacked. Let's just hope that the trust that both the Lansdowns and Nigel have put in to this partnership bears the fruit that we have needed for quite some time, or at least attractive football with some purpose. Bring it on and perhaps on our first game at Ashton Gate we will show the usual critics that we mean business this time out. <cheers>

Jiffie likes this.
  4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Nothing is sure in football, but it's a different approach to the one that never worked and left us with an uninspiring unmotivated squad, that were not fit and suffering a ridiculous amount of injuries, I suspect the signings of Simpson and King (if he is signed) are a nod to the future training set up and a short term fix as back up. So a striker and 2 centre backs and maybe a few loans, should do it. I imagine that a lot of the younger players must be buzzing with the opportunities hopefully available to them with a slimmed down squad.

All I crave is the minimum of 100% effort from every player when they pull on the shirt, something that has been missing on far too many occasions in the past 2 seasons.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

8. Supcon72

If we got a £5+ million offer, it may be too good to turn down, especially if King proves his fitness. That money could go a long way to a decent CB or Striker...
    Nagy and Kalas through to the next round where they will get more exposure, so good for little old Bristol

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Hungary are out.

10. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

Not sure if Nagy is Pearson’s type of player or his game is suitable for the championship style of football, think he could be moving on!

11. Supcon72

Oh yeah<doh><doh>

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I agree with this, when we first signed him I thought that we had unearthed a diamond, but he obviously never quite settled and then his coming back injured from international duty put him at odds with LJ and he never looked happy from that point on.

He had a 'few' good games last season but usually followed up by lethargic half hearted games. The official line was he was allowed to leave early for a family funeral but my understanding was that the funeral was not happening for 10 days after he arrived back in Hungary.

For my money the Euros was always about him being in the shop window to enhance his chances of a move and our chances of at least recouping some of the 3.5mil fee.

I maybe wrong but I suggest the same might true about Kalas, again my understanding is his rift with Pearson goes deeper than the official line.

But we shall see.

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

17. wizered