1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

bristol bears triumphant

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Oct 16, 2020.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

win euro cup after a crushing defeat of Toulon 32 -19
    sl will be pleased

2. realred1952

please log in to view this image

Bristol Bears were playing in the club's first ever European final
    European Challenge Cup final
    Bristol (10) 32
    Tries:
    Randall, Malins Cons: Sheedy 2 Pens: Sheedy 6
    Toulon (16) 19
    Try:
    Heem Con: Carbonel Pens: Carbonel 4
    Bristol Bears won their first European trophy as they beat French side Toulon in the Challenge Cup final in France.
    Harry Randall's try after 15 seconds set the West Country club on their way to their first major honour since 1983.
    Powerful Toulon hit back to lead 16-10 at the break but a resolute second-half effort from Pat Lam's men won the game.
    Max Malins' well-worked try and Callum Sheedy's boot saw the Bears eventually earn a comfortable win in front of 1,000 spectators in Aix-en-Provence.
    The Bears' famous win came six days after their 47-24 loss to Wasps in the Premiership semi-final, although their season may yet be extended as it was confirmed on Friday that Bristol would replace Wasps in 24 October's domestic final if a coronavirus outbreak means the Coventry outfit cannot play.
    Lam's side had been without six injured players in France, including star names Charles Piutau (Achilles) and Nathan Hughes (ribs), while captain Steven Luatua was absent because his partner gave birth to a baby girl on Friday.
    But they were the better team against a club who were aiming for their fourth European trophy, having won the Champions Cup three times in a row between 2013 and 2015.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Great, I hope Bristol City FC win against Barnsley fervently, that's all I care about, apart from a boiled egg on Sunday morning with soldiers.

4. realred1952

toasted or plain!
    The victory brings some well deserved positivity to the gate, lets hope it rubs off

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Well done the egg-chasers.
    Love the interview where the guy says the last time he cried and was when Korey scored against Man U.

6. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Can we stop the league now , bears are European champions & city top of the league

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

This is really funny IMHO, from beginning to end, great to hear a Bristolian voice in our local team.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I would like to add that I have said for a long time that I believe the difference between BCFC and Bristol Bears media is a huge chasm. The rugby club has nailed their social media even the pundits for BT last night paid homage to it.

It is great IMHO because it is inclusive of it's fanbase, a fanbase I suspect destined to increase once crowds are allowed back for sport, because of their on field achievements and it's treatment of fans.

Not strictly media based other than the advertising element. Last week on another social media site owner Steve Lansdown was attacked for being photographed wearing a Bristol Bears Euro shirt and not a BCFC shirt.

Here's the thing the only City shirt available right now is the 2nd (purple and lime) shirt, none of the others are yet available. For my upcoming birthday my wife ordered me a BCFC 3rd shirt and paid for it and there is no date for it's delivery, a few days later she ordered me Bristol Bears Euro shirt that arrived the very next day.

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I love egg, but I’ve somehow developed an reaction to them. When I eat egg now I get really bad stomach cramps.
    Enjoy yours tomorrow you lucky lucky man

wizered and Jiffie like this.
  10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

We bought a cuisineart egg machine, boils, poaches or does a brilliant thick 4 egg omelette.

Milk is my nemesis, unfortunately cos I love it.

11. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

It only started this year, I had poached egg on toast and felt the cramps and put it down to bread. Im inactive coeliac, only certain things get me (shortcake is the worse and my favourite). Tried some again a few weeks later without bread and it returned but worse. Then tried again a month ago and wiped me out for a day.

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I honestly and always have loved soft boiled eggs, also shortbread and jammy dodgers, millk and Stella but my favourite delight, every morning, first thing before a cuppa is a glass of tomato juice, my good lady calls me a weirdo, I agree I'm a lucky man.

RedorDead and Jiffie like this.
  14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Berocca followed by a cocktail of drugs and supplements then my cup of tea and cereal with grapes and greek yoghurt.

Followed by a mighty Eartha Kitt.