1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brighton V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Jan 20, 2018.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

dunno about that. The first one from caballero was a stonewaller and i would have given the baka one which was 50/50

Thought baka was much better today. him and Kante had the midfield and he was solid if not spectacular (although the pen thing wasnt great)

We were getting roasted down the left with alonso though from their schelloto.

2. The Ginger Marks

The reason for that was Brighton were clever and had done their homework. Houghton put three men up front going forward with the ball, one on Christensen and one each side forcing our wing backs to come inside to cover leaving acres of space for their wing backs. If Conte plays that system against Barca we will get royally ****ed.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would hope a manager of Conte's calibre would recognise the difference in quality between Brighton & Hove Albion and Barcelona, and change up accordingly, you never know though

4. The Ginger Marks

After 15 minutes of the first half it was evident what they were doing so he comes out in the second half and plays the same system.<doh>

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Was never a 4-0 game, both theirs were pens. But that second goal is the best I've seen us score in years, has to be up there with goal of the season.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I think Christensen today was shown to still need a bit more experience . That's why I am not pleased that Luiz has been kept in the dark so long. Conte needs to better use Luiz, or if he can't, then replace him. He's not doing the best by the team with his attitude. He has players available ,but too often doesn't use them properly, especially off the bench.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Charly Musonda needs to feature more, from what he has produced in so little game time, convinces me he is above the level of the players he has replaced. I'm not saying he should be a regular starter but anyone can see he is ready, willing and able. I don't think there were two penalties mind, the Caballero one yes but the other was a dive. On a side note. Bin Dippers losing to Swansea makes getting a point against Leicester at home a bonus. Now for L'Arse and yes we will get embarrassed by Barca. Butt ****ed big style, with no reach around.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Yep, his pass to Moses was brilliant, but again Conte never plays him. Kids like him should be playing in all the lesser games, had we done so I have no doubt 2 or 3 of them would be seriously better players already than some of the mediocrity we sign and are linked with. Dreadful, hopeless system run by accountants and Russian syncophants who have no history in the game.Just like Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, they are "family" totally out of their depth.