1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brighton v Cardiff, Fug Me...Last Chance Saloon!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Me old mate Mark Lawrenson’s prediction for Burnley was spot on yesterday for a change. He rang me last night asking me to attend the game Tuesday as his guest...sort of a celebrity he said. It would do both of us good....career wise. Had to turn it down as I would be playing with my todger and washing my smalls as you do...that kind of thing! He understood as wished me well with a one fingered salute.....nice chap! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party><party><party>Wonderful man Masky!

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

After witnessing another shockingly inept display from the ref yesterday, I hope the football gods see you right in this game and the three points are taken back to Wales. But above all, please let there be no controversy regarding penalty decisions, the whole football fraternity cannot take another match day where the officials decide who wins! I've been against VAR from the start, but seeing how poor the ref standards are this season has slowly changed my feelings on the matter.

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I’ve just posted on the Burnley game thread their first goal was offside :emoticon-0121-angry

We are so due a decision going our way.

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Well said HR. We can all agree on that. <ok>

5. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Brighton have Pascal Gross, Jimmy Case and Solly March back in contention to face Cardiff on Tuesday.

Gross has been unavailable since 26 February because of a hamstring injury, while a calf problem ruled winger March out of the past two matches.

Anthony Knockaert is suspended as a result of his red card on Saturday.

Cardiff have no new injury concerns for this rearranged fixture, with Sol Bamba and Callum Paterson both long-term absentees.

@chriswisey: The fight to avoid the final relegation place has very quickly become a straight shoot-out between these two clubs.

Brighton's heaviest defeat under Chris Hughton will have undoubtedly caused some lasting damage. He now has to decide whether to shake his team up, or trust the players involved last weekend to make amends. It's a tough call.

Controversy seems to be following Cardiff around at present, but this is a game they simply can't lose. Aside from the current five-point gap to safety, the Bluebirds goal difference is irretrievably worse than all the sides above them and they've still got to play Liverpool and Manchester United.

It's safe to say there are likely to be nervous faces everywhere you look at the Amex on Tuesday.

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton on the 5-0 loss to Bournemouth: "(The) players have reacted well. We had a meeting yesterday, went through the game and the goals that we conceded.

"It was probably our worst performance of the season but this is football.

"There isn't one player in that changing room that wouldn't have gone through a bad defeat, a bad performance, and what it's always about is how you respond to that.

"I expect very much a reaction from our players."

Head-to-head

• Brighton beat Cardiff 1-0 in the Championship in their most recent meeting at the Amex Stadium, in January 2017. The previous four encounters at the stadium were all drawn.
    • Cardiff could win both league matches against Brighton in a single campaign for the first time since 1998-99 in the fourth tier.
    Brighton & Hove Albion

• Brighton could lose five consecutive matches in all competitions for the first time in 12 years.
    • It's four defeats in six Premier League home games for the Seagulls (W1, D1).
    • Albion have only earned 12 points from their past 17 league fixtures (W3, D3, L11).
    • Eight of their nine league victories this season have been by a one-goal margin.
    • Only Crystal Palace and Huddersfield have scored fewer home league goals than Brighton's 17.
    • Their tally of 18 league goals from set-pieces in 2018-19 is only surpassed by Liverpool.
    • Glenn Murray has gone nine home league appearances without a goal.
    Cardiff City

• Defeat in this match will leave Cardiff eight points adrift of safety with only 12 points available.
    • The Bluebirds have lost six of their past seven league matches, with the exception being a 2-0 home win over West Ham on 9 March.
    • They are the division's lowest scorers away from home, with nine goals.
    • None of their eight Premier League away goals since mid-September have been scored before the 69th minute, with six coming in the 80th minute or later.
    • Cardiff are the only club to have played in the Premier League and never led an away fixture in the division at half-time. They have scored just five goals in the opening half of those 34 matches. :emoticon-0103-cool:
    Sharethis page

6. BluefromBridgend

Sh1te stats, do us no favours. Got to beat them as well as blatantly cheating officials.

Going to be a tough one.

7. ninian opinion

Marriner in charge tonight. 1 win and 1 loss this season both v Wolves.

He’s also done BHA twice, and same results.

Seem to recall he was quite good v Wolves but I have an issue still with him over the Blackpool play off final :emoticon-0121-angry

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Isn't he the bloke that sent off the wrong player a few years back in a case of mistaken identity?

I seem to remember he got dropped from the Prem refs list for that.

9. ninian opinion

10. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

11. BluefromBridgend

Arter not even on bench. Ralls and NML start. Murphy, the winger, on bench as is the keeper Murphy. If subs needed hope they get the right one for the job.

12. ninian opinion

Arter must be injured; Ralls not an adequate replacement.

NML, Hoilett & Murphy need to perform and Niasse needs to notch.

13. blueturk the cat

blueturk the cat Well-Known Member

14. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

15. ----HistoryRepeating----

First part done, turn the crowd.
    Now composure to finish the job.

16. ccfcremotesupport

long way to go, but id rather be one up than one down.

17. ----HistoryRepeating----

they really struggled for chances against us a couple games ago, and we are a bit fragile!
    A 2nd goal would be dream like at this stage, they'll fall apart.

18. BluefromBridgend

Did anyone predict NML to play let alone score?

19. ccfcremotesupport

nope, I went for Murphy.
    Would probably have gone for Hoilett if I'd seen Murphy wasn't starting. Never mind, Murphy with one off the bench in the second half. Should be wort double if you pick a sub to score. <laugh>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  20. ccfcremotesupport

First time we've ever been ahead at half time in the premier league.:emoticon-0137-clapp

BluefromBridgend likes this.