1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brief match report

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, Aug 10, 2013.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Just got back. As you will know from my e-name, this game was easy for me to get to. Can't believe what i've read so far and heard on the radio. We were so much on top it's a miracle the game ended 1-1. Huddersfield were poor.

Encouraging signs but definitely work in progress at the moment. Yun Suk Yung looks a really good prospect. Charlie Austin needs to sharpen up a bit. Barton, Henry and Hoilett had decent games without ever doing anything particularly memorable. Holiett's goal seems to be a toe poke and their goalie must have been unsighted. Granero looked up for it but just wants too much time to decide what to do with the ball before. Once oppnonents stop showing him respect he will be as ineffectual as he was last season. It was when he was easily dispossessed when in front of our penalty area that they scored. Andy Johnson ran his socks off and looked useful but unfortunately the chances all fell to Austin. Onuoha and Hill looked comfortable in the middle of the defence. Both full backs however have clearly been told not to attack the bye line. They will provide an overlap but will then pass to one of the attacking players while they hold back ready to assume a defensive position.

While it would be churlish to be overly critical after the second league game of the season, this was very definitely two points dropped. They were there for the taking. We won't get maany easier opportunities to win away from home. One can only hope that greater familiarity with each other over the next few games will in due course lead to better results. However I fear that Harry is still experimenting and will continue to do for at least a couple of weeks after the transfer window has closed.

Would like to know why Faurlin did not play and why Jenas did not start. As for SWP's cameo? Can't see too many more to be frank. No improvement at all. The one time he had a one on one against a big lumbering centre half with a forward lurking in the middle waiting for a pass and nobody else covering, he pushed the ball past the defender and tried to skin him. It was embarrassing just how easily the defender won that race.

OK but could do a lot better.

2. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

I know we all said it last season, but the same applies now, they need time to gel and get to know each other. We need to get to the end of the month, so those that are going have gone and then everyone who's left knows what's expected of them. But the signs are there that there is a good team spirit, when we score now everyone's hugs and smiles, that was something you didn't see too much of last season.

So give it a few more weeks and we should get a good idea as to how the season's going to go. But at the end of the day, win at home and draw away.

3. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Exactly.

4. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Thanks. A useful insight.

5. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I don't think we need "fear" that Redknapp is still experimenting. There are still books to balance, players to shift out, players to come in. I would guess that in some cases it may not yet be clear which guys will stay and which will go; it really does depend on which offers are received for whom. Whilst we'd all love to keep Faurlin, it would not surprise me if Redknapp is weighing him up against Granero. He may still be hoping Granero could become the playmaker, but the Spaniard is continually wanting. He just doesn't seem to have the mental toughness. Faurlin, on the other hand, has the nous at this level, no question.

6. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

I think in most of our opinions it's a no brainer Faurlin in miles better, I can only think that Harry is putting Granero in the shop window unfortunately he is not doing himself any favours.

7. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Yorkie I too was there and thought Henry was poor. The number of times he gave the ball away, lost possession or just passed to the opposition was embarrassing

We looked much sharper when jenas came on

Barton was best player on the pitch by miles. Picked out the Korean lad time after time with pinpoint passes. At this stage he would be a loss to our on fiend dynamic should he depart

Hoilett was fustrating, always a shimmy too many and what is the problem with having a pop at goal now and again

Austin was class but lacks service. Near the end he lost patience got the ball and battered it into the side netting. He needs better service

Defence still probe to switching off and after we conceded Green turned to the us and made a 'it was just 1 mistake' gesture - but this was a battling mid table championship side we were playing and they punished that 1 mistake

All in 6/10. We lack incisiveness and in swp and hoilett just too much trickery when sometimes a simple ball into Austin will do

Better sides will punish us. We are not clinical enough....yet.

Lastly I thought Granero was very good, got stuck in, unlucky to get a card and he and Barton worked well

I know you're all asking 'but what was the pie like?'

Well I went for the tikka pie and my lad had the meat and potato. Very disappointing, the pastry was too thick and 'carboardy'. Ideally it needed gravy. A very poor 3/10, light years behind the much famed Barnsley masterpiece

A good day out, it didn't rain, I parked 2 mins from the ground for free, had a nice pint at the Working mens club down the road and was home within 40 mins even after taking the scenic route home via the Penistone Road

8. superHusky1

superHusky1 Active Member

Not sure you're right about the Green thing. His gesture to the crowd came after his misplaced pass out to the wing which went straight into touch.

Totally agree about the Hoilett thing though - his decision making needs some serious work.

9. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Thought this had a draw written on it & not too disappointed as say win at home and draw away will do nicely.

10. 85Ranger

85Ranger Member

I was also at the game, huddersfield was defiantly there for the taking 2 points dropped in my eyes won't get much easier away games than that, just thought our play was far too slow if we had quickened up our play could have seen us score a hatfull. All in all not a bad display just one of them games on another day we could have won comfortably.