1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brick with eyes looking good !

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Hat off to Barkley, he looks a mile better than last year, hope he proves me wrong and finally becomes the complete player he has never managed to be. Also like Jorghinos work so far as well. Running out of players to criticise. Better feeling all round with Frank, he just needs to get the defence settled which Kante returning should help. Good start for sure.

2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Barkley has had a great pre- season....which unfortunately means feck all in the great scheme of things. Let's hope he starts living up to the expectations ("The new Gazza") that were had for him about 5 years ago. If it doesn't happen for him this season it ain't ever goin to happen in my opinion.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

This has to be his year to shine for sure, too often he has failed to make that final step. So far so good,hope he can keep it going.

4. The Ginger Marks

Now he has Frank as a mentor instead of shouty MacShouty and a fewSpanish hasbeens I'm sure his careerwill flourish.

5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I can't get that Pedro goal out of my head.....Shame he couldn't of saved it for united.<laugh>

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

That was the thing with Barkley......
    We signed a few **** midfielders in the last couple of seasons, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley.
    With Baka and Drinkwater they were just flat out ****, and Frank has vindicated my opinion by pretty much telling them two they can **** off.
    I said from day one that signing Danny ****ing Drinkwater was a huge mistake.
    With Barkley, though he was not performing, you could see glimpses of something, he had potential, you felt he had another gear in him, another level that was untapped.
    If he can hit that this season, then that may go some way to solving our problems in midfield.
    Especially if Lampard puts Kante back where he belongs and gets Jorginho firing as well.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

I think you’ll get your wish with Kante being back where he belongs, and Jorghino looks better already. Fingers crossed Barkley steps up and stays up, and with RLC and Mount, the midfield looks strong, quick and able to adapt to different styles. Hope so, cause the might need to score plenty of goals unless Michy and co pull their fingers out.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So striker wise we are down to Batshit, Giroud and Abraham, right?

Ouch. Yeah Pulisic, Pedro, Barkely, Mount etc best chip in their fair share of goals.

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

As much as i like kovacic we are overstocked in the midfield position imo. The younger talent needs games to get better and if we are saying kovacic, kante, jorgino are the 2 in the centre, that leaves mount and barkley battling it in the hole and that is before rlc comes back.