1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

what would be good is if the mid week highlight for greens and tory were mentioned/ reason given ..
    Also what is not taken in to account is that in certain areas the % of people asked may not be indicative of the number of voters in that area.

in a constituency of 100,000 [ compact geographic area ] 19% might be party …. a
    whilst in constituency of 50,000 [ sprawling constituency ] it might be 10% or 30% because poll was done in an area of it that was in a town "denser population" rather than more country side / villages populations. Unless of course they spend a lot more time and money going out and about in that constituency ……

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

but according to YouGov the Tories lead is increasing over labour to 17%

weird sketch this election!!!

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The program last night about Boris and that Jennifer Arcuri woman did not make Boris look good. This should be out to the public. But why now? Why not a few weeks ago? Why hold on to the details until there is a GE?

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Labour launches their election campaign........ 24EDEBB6-3862-4414-945C-41C9069659EA.jpeg

johngalleyfan2 likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

well after all the hype the debate was a little bit of an anti climax
    the interviews by far more "entertaining"
    The debate, first comment that was made was Corbolliks turning up in a totally un nervous state! during his presentations they seemed well in control, however the couple of occasions when he started a rant they seemed to dissipitate part way through as though some "controlling influence" was delivering a reminder he was not on cue! typically he [ both on occasions ] but CORBOLLIKS, moreso, would not answer the Q on what their stance was regarding "Brexit campaigning" gave the same answer almost word for word [ typical of a learned script as a reply to an issue they do not want to reveal the truth ].Even Julie asked him to qualify the Q and got the same response. The interpretatation however is that to get into power they cannot upset other minority groups who want remain and the answer categorically states come what may we will have another "Brexit referendum"
    Boris, I think missed a few opportunities ...was overly in the latter stages still pressing the Brexit issue .. when a few moments more on the issue being discussed would have been more beneficial. He had opportunities to emphasise the more pressing needs but entangled them with trying to get a Brexit answer from Corbolliks. He looked more naturally relaxed whereas Corbolliks looked well "groomed, dare I say it,....."dosed up for the occasion"
    Etteringham … not the best person to have been the moderator, IMO, seemed to favour Corbolliks to a degree in speaktime and came over as a bit of a novice? 5/10
    Boris … could have done better 6/10
    Jermy … typical defensive, not wanting to get put in a spot like he is on almost every PMQ's, put in [ out of context quite often ] as many of the things that are aimed at getting a few votes from peeps that might be gullible. 5.5 /10.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I seen the other interviews with Sturgeon, Swinson, Farage and the Greens. Sturgeon was asked, if the GE result ends up meaning that Brexit gets stopped, that will mean the UK would remain in the EU. Would the SNP continue to seek independence from the UK even though the UK would still be in the EU. Her response was YES. So what is the point in allowing the SNP to vote in parliament when they don't want to be there anyway. They are voting things down and effecting the rest of the UK for years to come when they won't be in the UK for long anyway. In this GE, they may make a deal with Labour to allow Labour to get the majority. Then they will fuk off with their independence and no longer be involved in our parliament as they won't be in the UK. Then there is yet again no majority in parliament. And if you take out the Scottish result of the EU referendum, then that majority to leave the EU would then be bigger.
    Swinson spoke a load of crap and can fuk off. And that Green woman spoke out of her backside. Pain me to say it but Farage was the only one who spoke sense and was truthful when asked what was he doing to tackle climate change. He said he wasn't because he is always driving and using planes. None of the others could admit it.

7. johngalleyfan2

the interviews by far more "entertaining"
    the interviews ….. these were far more well conducted and extremely fair, the out and out winner had to be Nigel.

Nigel … he was very positive with his presentation, answered the Q's fully and to the point. Had a plan he was sticking to and the sacrifice his party was making was not a self centred ego trip but "putting the will of, and the people of this country first" [ not standing in certain seats ]. His best reply had to be in response to the question, [and it was really quickfire with a big smile] …
    the Country leaves the EU, and you have members in parliament, what happens to the BREXIT party then? …. " we will have to rebrand it " …..

The out and out loser had to be the greens representative .. a motor mouth with a "script like presentation" and some of her points were rather "not really within the realms of possibility"

Swinestow .. Liberal UNDEMOCRATS……. lives in a world of make believe, believes she could be in number 10 by the 13th [ rumour has it she has booked 2 pickfords lorries for the 13th one to be at her house at 9am the other at number 10 at 9am ] has also got an emailed typed up ready to go revoke article 50 at 12 noon! like the greens has no real idea of what to do if their spending plans go awry, both fudged answers!

one of the ugly sisters.. Nicola … again seemed unnaturally extremely relaxed … well rehearsed presentation and as leader of a minority Scottish government, and as one of the most "indebt" countries of the EU.... not doing well with the scots economy [ bearing in mind they get a lot from the "uk purse" ] A very good question which was sidestepped and not pursued, failure of interviewer was, would you be OK with a hard border should Scotland LEAVE THE UK!? … answer was NO, but hesitantly was added to by the comment but we plan on the UK remaining in the EU!

Apparently the boffins could not reprogramme "Womble/Teletubby" so Nicola stood in for him. there was a problem in getting him to release his 8 sheets of parliamentary paper and learning a different script.

Nigel … I never give a 10 as no one is ever perfect …. so 9.5 /10
    Nicola … has her own ego driving her, and not really doing well with Scots economy PROBABLY THEIR LAST OPPORTUNITY BEFORE THEIR BUBBLE BURSTS .. 5.5 /10
    Jo ………… fantasy queen, could prove very dangerous to the people of the UK VERY UNDEMOCRATIC IN HER VIEWS 2.5 / 10
    Sian …. came over without much conviction and motored on in the "yes/no" section .. thus avoiding more q's which may have been embarrassing.. 1.5 /10

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I watched Wales beating Hungary.

RedorDead likes this.
  9. johngalleyfan2

I RECORDED IT listened to wales game and kept eye on Scotland

10. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Out of everything I watched last night, only Nigel for me was the only one not talking Bollocks..stood his ground, even from some of the morons that were in the audience..Answered every question thrown at him.......................Wow, does Boris need him!

Redprintt and Red Robin like this.

11. johngalleyfan2

exactly my interpretation 1for, there is a lot of tactics going to be applied to voters and parties and I don't yet know who we will be getting beside KERRY, whose history is not that democratic and the odd trick has been previously applied to get votes but for one moment I was thinking vote BREXIT! …
    he certainly came out streets ahead of any of the other 5 would like to see him in a head to head with TELE TUBBY/WOMBLE ….

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yep. I seen that too. I watched Rovers FA Cup replay (wish I hadnt). Watched the 4 interviews on ITV with no audience - Swinson, Sturgeon, Farage and greens. Then watched Farage on BBC catch up where he had an audience and he dealt with that gobby bitch who claimed he was a banker and bragged about taking £5 million in wages being an MEP and said he should give that money back! Then I watched the Boris vs Corbyn debate on ITV catch up. Out of everything that was said from all interviews and debates, I agree with you that only Farage came out with any credibility and he did so in both interviews.

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

14. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

15. johngalleyfan2

I seldom go to bed before 3am and before I did last night [ EARLIER TODAY! ] I happened to have a glance at BBC / Sky news … I was immediately engrossed in a discussion / presentation from some "learned fiscal" chap and a woman. In a 3-4 minute speech he totally destroyed the Labour manifesto and his case pointed out the serious pitfalls that should everything be instrumented, we would be back to the devastation of the Labour govern years some 40 years ago. On the face of it, it covers almost everything that if you asked 100 people in street what they would like to see the next government do .. they have included it in their manifesto. One point he [BOTH ] made was that in reality Labour was going to go for REMAINING, in the EU that's why he will not answer the question ...he needs to appear to "be a leaver" so as not to lose votes but also throws a few crumbs to the remainers by offering a second referendum.
    I got the impression they believed this was CORBOLLIKS main aim a second referendum.
    throughout the day ALL the "learned fiscal types" interviewed had nothing but contempt [ theres possibly a better word to describe it ] of their manifesto. The glaring "ATOMIC BOMB" result it could cause [ they all said if he does it, it wont work, or the likelihood is a raft of broken promises unseen before in politics ] would set this country back to trying to get up to the first rung of the ladder.
    the other glaring "un information" they did not reveal was every working man & woman to cover the "spend" would likely have to pay more tax. one person I thought said 3p more. Car tax go up, beer & tobacco up petrol go up ...big time maybe 10p litre .
    say £10 car tax, extra £10 on beer per annum, if you smoked £50 and on fuel [ say just 5p tax excuse would be save planet ] average of 15 litres a week £40 so that would be £110 per annum or £2 a week. does not sound a lot £2 a week, but the sort of peeps this would affect are the majority of the lower paid/ pensioners etc.

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Out of interest, does anyone find Corbolliks funny?

What about if I put it in capital CORBOLLIKS ?

BCFCRob likes this.
  17. Red Robin

The bloke is a grade A puppet

18. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

As are you for continually name calling , you are old enough to know better, I get it you don’t like him but to keep calling him names is childish, grow up and act your age.
    Sorry I misread your post I thought you said he was a muppet, but my point is still valid.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    RedorDead likes this.
  19. Red Robin

PUPPET orchestrated by the unions

<doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh>

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  20. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

The Financial Times criticises a Labour leader, that’s hardly breaking news is it. If that’s what your basing your views on god help us.

I thought your view was The Brexit Party were going to run away with the election or have you changed your mind.

: Brexitparty