1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So last night was yet another question time show where there were 3 remainers against 2 leavers. I don't ever recall the show having more leavers than remainers, which is funny considering there were more leavers than remainers who voted.

And they announced in the show that on Friday next week they will have a special question time with Boris, Corbyn, Swinson and Sturgeon. Thats 3 remainers vs 1 leaver. Seems pretty unfair to me. I think the show has done this to try and make a fool of Boris as he will get attacked left right and centre and he will probably say something stupid as a result. The BBC will be doing a separate show on Monday with just Farage and I have no doubts the audience will be majority remainers so he will be attacked a lot too.

All seems biased and unfair to me.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

you can write to the ombudsman and complain if more did something would get done … they would invite Barnier !

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Not quite CJS - Corbyn is a Brexiteer.
    That’s 2 vs 2 - and I’d like to see Farage on there too - he’d soon put Boris back in his box..... bribing his candidates indeed - something that belongs in a dodgy South American dictatorship!!!!

AshtonRed likes this.
  4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Paranoid much? Isn't there an election coming up and aren't these the leaders of the parties with the most seats in Parliament?

RedorDead likes this.
  5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Forget the parties does anyone really believe a Corbyn or Swinson is fit to lead the country <doh><doh><doh> :headbang::headbang::headbang:

7. bcfcredandwhite

I don’t believe ANY of them are fit to lead my precious country RR.
    They are all incompetent idiots.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Perhaps they can ask one of the three remainers if they can swap sides to make you happy? They are the main party leaders, so they can’t ask a leaver to step in from their party to even it up just for you.

9. johngalleyfan2

HO HO HO who dreams it up for him …. CORBOLLIKS that is …………..
    ONE of his umpteen slogans [ probably the main one ] is we wont allow people to lose their jobs /protect their jobs /right to work for a decent living ….
    NOW he wants to put loads of peeps and probably the odd company out of work /business … He wishes to give everybody free internet, potentially 15 million households? so who will pay the provider? ...…. the 15 million households via increased taxation to pay for it!

he seems to be determined to suss out every little "dangling carrot" [students, oaps, homeless ( if they haven't got a home then where does there polling card go? ) etc etc etc ] I await with bated breath who is next …… aaaahhh got it fishermen, will give them all free rod licences.. and a free coupon a month for a quart of maggots ….

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

He never said the public will pay the tax, he said he will tax the internet companies like social media to pay for it.

11. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

It's an off the cuff pledge and a total nonsense knowing they won't get into power......the idea of every household having fibre optic free wifi is ridiculous..

12. johngalleyfan2

Please explain how that would work … its not like social media ….

it is, just another trolling the bottom of the barrel incase any of his marginal seats get down to being just a handful of votes!
    in any case no houses actually have a fibre optic feed it is all piggy back feeds from a distribution terminal. following the road to my distribution point [ walking the route the cable could take ] is about 300m actual run is about 600m! GOES ROUND THE BLOCK!
    I had that argument when they originally came to connect me up to CABLE when it was first laid … sales rep stated "you get fibre optic right up to your house" being into electronics and amateur radio" upon allowing them to fit it ...didn't want to be without! I contacted cable peeps and told them the contractors had fitted low quality piggy back coax … got free fitting, £25 after a big argument ..which I WON 3 months free viewing and then paid 1 month payment before going to Sky! … First customer in our road for both.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Corbyn might be a Brexiteer at heart but he will be campaigning to remain if Labour gets the majority.

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Don't confuse fact as being paranoid <ok> I have made it clear quite a few times that I am not a fan of Boris. It should be entertaining to see him fight against 3 others to see how he handles it. As a Brexiteer myself though, I just think 3 vs 1 is a bit unfair.

Also there were only like 2/3 Lib Dems in parliament until recently when some from Labour and Tories defected to them. There are more independents in parliament and more Change UK in parliament than Lib Dems. I could be wrong but if that is correct then why are none of them in the debate? Genuine question. I think Farage or another Brexit party person should be involved in the debate. Maybe not Farage as he isnt even standing for election.

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Oh my days. Don't be so silly <laugh>

16. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Christ us poor sods that live in the countryside- my broadband is less the 2mb on a eight mile stretch off cable from the BT switch exchange.
    Ridiculous i know but that would cost some money to get that installed and it will be FREE according to the bright one that leads the Labour party.

17. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I actually think Wi Fi is a bit old hat, with the introduction of 5G and if you have unlimited data on your phone tariff......If my internet goes down, I quite often use my phone as a hot spot and it's quite quick......and that's using 4G..and this technology will get better.......I believe Fibre optic to main masks then signal out will be nearly as quick......then that could be to all........to have fibre optic to every household, will be ridiculously expensive.

18. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is true. Rolling out FO hard connections to all homes is based upon known technology and is being pursued simply because it is a mechanically viable option right now regardless of the huge expense.

The massive speed/capacity advance with the introduction of 5G over for instance the old 3G this past few years will continue into the future at a much faster pace than landline enhancement. Give it another 10 years and all that investment to provide FO connections to everyone could be a waste of money as mobile connectivity takes over.

The connectivity problem may still exist for the more remote regions though, and this is where the hard wired infrastructure expenditure should be targeted.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  19. bcfcredandwhite

This isn’t good - even one of the most loyal Tory papers is talking about it.....

Met detectives probe electoral fraud claims

https://mol.im/a/7692491

20. johngalleyfan2

This GE will go down in history as one of the dirtiest and most devious of all time ..

CORBOLLIKS trolling the bottom of the barrel scrapes up hope for women who were unfortunate to be just days weeks and months from retitring to "get something" ...like compensation!
    My wife and at least 5 of my friends wives were all within 4 -5 weeks of retiring at 60 closest was 8 days! [ from cut off point ]. The courts ruled nothing can be done … today another friends wife who was 57 at the time said today … that would great a bit of compensation might even vote labour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I explained as best I could that he was simply trolling the dregs to get every conceivable vote from anyone who is "gullible" enough to believe it ….. on every subject you could think of …. hey ho guess what she said "sod it I aint voting Liberal or Labour think I might vote for Boris or Brexit …………… [ I did mention these were the only 2 wanting out! ]

: Brexitparty