1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Oh crap. Robs back ;)

AshtonRed and BCFCRob like this.
  2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

If you're happy about Boris doing this CJS, do you reserve the same praise for Theresa May? He's not exactly done anything different to her up to this point, and general consensus is that she was awful.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It's a 2 way conversation, I've been insulted because of my age, been called thick because I voted to leave, have had deep discussions about certain politicians, if you stick your head above the parapets you are going to get your ass slapped, I don't care, I chose to join in but I'm not going to bellyache if people put me in my place, it's a tough old world and I accept that.

Join in by all means but we all have to respect fellow members and their points of view.

Red Robin and bcfcredandwhite like this.
  4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

That’s a good point CJS, for me that’s missing the point completely though , I’ve no problem with people who hold a genuine view leave or remain, as a democrat the thing that really annoys me is people who want another vote before enacting the first.

I was genuinely torn which way to vote in the referendum, but I was genuinely dismayed by people who lost doing all they could to overturn a democratic vote , and if I’m completely honest I still am.

I’m also long enough in the tooth to realise whatever I feel about it will have absolutely no bearing on what actually happens.

5. AshtonRed

Don’t ask him complex intelligent questions Rob, he’s a Sag for Christ sake , that in itself explains his decision making skills are lacking<laugh><laugh>

BCFCRob likes this.
  6. AshtonRed

True , but it’s a sad day if anyone feels unwelcome Wiz , we’re all , well mostly all, city fans at the end of the day . That’s far more important surely.

7. BCFCRob

It wasn't meant as a sympathy post guys, apologies if it came across that way. I very much made my own bed in that respect and I can most definitely take it! But I definitely appreciate the posts AshtonRed, and totally agree with you that we should all be able to debate freely :emoticon-0102-bigsm

8. AshtonRed

Also a bit harsh Wiz, I have genuine disagreements and discussions, debates with people on here , but in a strange way I feel I can because I consider us in a strange way friends because of our shared love of BCFC, if I upset someone on here to the point They feel unable to post I would feel partly responsible, you don’t have to ‘put people in their place’ so to speak.

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I wasn’t aware that anything got out of hand. There are strong views on this subject - because it’s bloody important - but I’ve not seen anything that bad - but I admit I haven’t read all the posts - I find Brexit rather depressing really.......

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I rather have no deal. I am not keen on Boris. However I am just happy Boris has been able to prove a lot in parliament wrong. And those who he has proved wrong are those who cant accept democracy. Like I said, I am not keen on Boris but I prefer him a hell of a lot more than those con artists in Westminster.

11. BCFCRob

Fair enough, thing is though I find it hard to say he's proven anyone wrong really, all he's done is present a deal back which is slightly worse than May's. Any politician could have done that.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yep totally agree. What happens if there is another referendum and leave wins again? Will the Lib Dems still fight against it and demand a 3rd referendum? When will it end! If remain wins then is that it? How do they get 1 referendum to win but leave has to win twice to win? This is why the first decision has to be implemented before any other referendums can be done, unless its a referendum on how we leave, like... no deal or Boris deal. Remain should be off the table as it lost.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I have liked this comment just so I can press dislike afterwards <grr><laugh>

AshtonRed likes this.
  14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Cant we all just get along and agree with my opinions please <laugh><ok>

AshtonRed likes this.
  15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Maybe any politician could have done it. The point is though, he was told by many MP's that he wouldn't get a deal as he only wanted no deal. He proved that wrong. He was told he couldn't get a new deal. He proved that wrong. He was told he wouldn't get the backstop removed. He proved that wrong. Regardless of how good or bad that deal is, he still proved a lot of people wrong. And those he proved wrong can be blamed if his deal is so bad because they are the ones who took away his biggest weapon in these negotiations. No deal. This deal could should have been a lot better.

Supcon72 likes this.
  16. AshtonRed

Yep , spot on
    You sure you’re a Rovers fan , sometimes you actually talk sense. Shame you’re ability to see common sense doesn’t stretch to choosing a team to follow.

Supcon72 likes this.
  17. AshtonRed

I think you’re in the wrong site mate, your in a minority of 1<laugh>

18. AshtonRed

If he was genuine I wonder whether he would have accepted a deal the DUP won’t agree too, I see your point , just something is nagging in my head about this particular point, I don’t know why It just doesn’t add up.

I really don’t think he’ll get the numbers to pass this deal through Parliament on Sat.

Right up until the last minute he seemed to be trying to appease the factions he needed to get it through , I believed he wanted a deal , then all of a sudden he changed tack and agreed a deal that doesn’t appear to have the numbers, that suggests to me he’s up to something.

If Labour MPs are minded to vote for a deal i don’t think they’ll do it Sat,because if it doesn’t get through Boris will have to send a letter to the EU for an extension, if the EU agree to an extension, I think there will then be a GE at that point as no deal will be off the table, maybe that’s Boris’ plan if he thinks he can win a GE.

Who knows <laugh>

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Of course I am a Rovers fan. I can count! <whistle>

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well I know you are definitely a City fan. You got your numbers wrong. Im not in a minority of 1 here. Wiz and RedRobin are both gasheads too really ;)

AshtonRed likes this.
: Brexitparty