1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I think we’re in for bit of a bumpy ride , he must think he’s got the numbers or he wouldn’t have accepted the deal. We’ll see.

2. AshtonRed

MPs hypocrites? , surely not CJS, whatever next. <laugh>

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. AshtonRed

My take in these circumstances remainers would have until end of Oct to make a no deal Brexit illegal , EU aren’t saying we have to leave, just that we can’t have an extension.

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why is everyone getting excited with the deal that’s been agreed between Boris and EU?
    Has everyone read through the whole thing and believe it’s the best deal?
    I’m not a Corbyn fan, but lots are believing that Boris plan is ok without knowing the full deal but dismissing Corbyn who says that it leads to a NHS take over.
    If that ever happens will voters who voted to leave then say so be it?

BCFCRob likes this.
  5. AshtonRed

Leavers would say it’s project fear, remainers would probably agree with Corbyn, pay your money take your choice RoD, it depends on your individual view , that comment in itself is unlikely to change peoples mind.

6. RedorDead

No I agree, but out of this if one of them is right I’m hoping it ain’t Corbyn.
    I’m more intrigued to know what all the leavers would say then.
    Bare in mind that I may be a leaver or I may be a remainer before anyone tries to educate/ belittle or what ever.

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It’s not only Remainers that don’t like the deal.
    Farage said he’d rather remain in the EU than adopt Boris’s deal - and he’s hardly a Remainer!!!!

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Are we paying the 39 billion
    Are we taking back our fishing waters
    Are we completely and utterly free
    Farming subsidies ?

Four major question that need answers

9. AshtonRed

I wouldn’t presume to try to convince you one way or the other , I have strong views , but assume others have too , I’m happy to debate with people who want to , or people who express a view I will challenge, but otherwise wouldn’t presume to press my view on others.

10. AshtonRed

Fair point , nothing would be acceptable to Farage though other than no deal Brexit.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.

11. RedorDead

I like reading this thread, and been interested in some people’s views. But there are some that I just think are plain daft.

12. AshtonRed

Some are difficult to understand , let alone reason with their views :azn:, as for others views , it’s a free world, others probably think mine are odd , but to me there obvious,

13. AshtonRed

14. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

People here clearly don't apply the same standards to Corbyn as they do to Johnson. The complete lack of objectivity kills the opinions of certain posters.... the minute I see 'Corboliks' mentioned you know you can just switch off as it will be followed by absolute drivel. Corbyn could cure cancer and people here would criticise him for not doing it fast enough.

I don't even like Corbyn as a politician but at least the fair people can apply fair judgments to both him and his counterpart.

I'm going to try to post less anyways, I had a little break from here as this is clearly so pro-Brexit I was basically derailing most discussion. A big part of it my own fault of course, but given it's crunch time now I'm sure there are more arguments to be had over the coming weeks!

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The thing is, a lot of Labour MP's are saying they would vote for this deal as long as it goes to the public to decide if they want this deal in a new referendum. So if Boris wants this deal then he may need to concede to Labour to do a referendum to get enough votes in parliament. Which means he may need to get an extension to cover this period of the referendum. This will be Labours preference.

17. AshtonRed

Personally good to see you back .

Whilst I don’t always agree with you I have to say I enjoy reading your views they are usually thought provoking, besides agree with you on the whole re Corbyn,

I respect your decision what ever you decide, but the site will Less interesting so hope you change your mind.

BCFCRob likes this.
  18. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Appreciate that mate. Someone has to outweigh the haters :emoticon-0102-bigsm Same back to you of course as well.

19. AshtonRed

Your welcome.

I’ve had run ins with some re anti Corbyn posts, though not to the extent you have , I ignore them mostly to be honest . I reached the point where it’s pointless arguing what will happen will happen.

If you really need rest then good luck , but don’t let others drive you away.

BCFCRob likes this.
  20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I wouldn't say I am excited but I would say I am pleased that Boris has got a deal. Now remember I have stated many times that I am not keen on Boris. But I prefer him to those MP's in parliament who refuse to accept democracy and claim to do so in the name of democracy. I am pleased that Boris have basically today put 2 fingers up at parliament and proved them wrong. Also remember I have stated recently many times that I prefer no deal over any deal. So no I am not excited about it.
    I haven't actually read through the whole thing. I have only heard details on the unbiased BBC <laugh>
    As for Corbyn claiming that about the NHS, that's just him scaremongering. I havent read it but I highly doubt that anywhere in the agreement that the NHS would be under threat or even mentioned! That's why "dismissing" Corbyn is easy to do. Just to point out that Corbyn's first statement about today's deal, mentioned the NHS before the actually full agreement was out for him to read! I have no worries about the NHS.

: Brexitparty