1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Boris on the war path <party><party><party>

2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

sorry jg,but I thought you formed your own opinions and not relied upon garbage media reports, by the way I don't need and don't do facebook, twitter, etc

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family ROD.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How can anyone form an opinion on this subject if they aren't directly involved unless they read, listen and digest the media? I don't do social media at all, but that doesn't mean I ignore it's right to be there for those that do.

I'm always amazed at the people who refer to "garbage media reports" only when they disagree with their own opinions. Perhaps we should only read The Guardian, the BBC and the Morning Star as three sources of impartial media content.

5. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

God the absolute state of this. This is Daily Mail regurgitation in a nutshell. It's almost always white British men who are 50+ who haven't been to London in decades who spout this sort of sh*t.

As an aside, I find it interesting that those who criticise London, automatically go for Khan, rather than instead criticising the multitude of cuts the Police have had to handle since 2010.

That's totally fair enough, I get that point of view. But I'm not saying you should only read X papers, just to completely drop the ones which are obviously racist and BS. It is completely fair to consider the Daily Mail, The Sun, Daily Express, etc as complete and utter crap. They post lies by the day and no one with an ounce of sense actually believes what they print.

Aside from that, there is loads of media from both sides you can consider. You could read the left-leaning Independent or you could read the right-leaning Telegraph. This isn't about left v right or sides, it's just about the tabloids being utter ****e. It just so happens that 90% of them are right-leaning.

6. Red Robin

Rather right than left it is a very simple decision for me Rob very simple.

7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Let's not even open this can of worms

8. Red Robin

:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Red Robin

Oh dear oh dear

10. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

you are of course right, but at least read and listen to a cross section and form you own opinion,not just cherry pick, switch on the caps lock and a coloured font and expect it to taken as gospel.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I must admit I am a bit of a media junkie, every morning I sift and browse through the TV news and media web sites (Not all), I have my favourites of course but whilst I consider myself a centre midground bloke I hate the propaganda puffed out by the extremes both right and left.

I do have strong views and opinions on certain subjects but they are my own and I value that fact, I'm not brainwashed by either left or right, just by what I consider to be correct and just, I'm a firm and committed believer in that everybody has a right to express their own opinion, freely and without fear.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  12. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

absolutely, but to form an opinion you have to look at the wider picture and base it upon the knowledge you have collected at the time.. so tv news feeds posts on here from twatter and the suchlike always help, as does u tube [ not a real fan of it, but it has its uses! ]

a certain individual[ not red robin] on here replies to nearly every post on here basing his answer, not on a [his] singular opinion but a whole multitude of them making his answer seem like it is his only opinion. bit like the old lady joke thing.... !
    you can usually identify the "keywords / phraseology" in his reply that indicate "I do not want to be seen as someone that doesn't know a lot", IT WOULD SPOIL THE FUN if I told you this individuals approach words/ phraseology as he would stop using it …………………….. It was pointed out sometime back on one of our coffee mornings …. at the mment before reading a reply I can about <50% of what will be said ….

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

that is what comes with age, maturity and having seen or experienced similar [ although not Brexit ]
    Corbolliks has been mutilated beyond recognition in the past week, the camera does not stay on his face to long to see the damage it is actually causing... but he just totally ignores it .. as if it hadn't happened. His self denial is so deep that soon it will be ooooooooooozing out into his shoes... as a pensioner he should have at least learned something but he hasn't … he is a puppet of his own doing. He can say within himself I am popular because all these people around me are advising me what to do and how to do it , if it goes tits up then not my fault …..

…. hey guys gals ….its gone tits up … guys? gals? guys gals? …. guys ? gals?

...............**** I HAVE BEEN HAD ……...

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Thank you for your words.
    It’s a bad time with him. He has bladder cancer so it’s treatable (although he will lose his bladder) but he will have to op in a few weeks time.
    After losing my auntie to this decease only 2 years ago, was worrying times when I first heard the word come out the consultants mouth.
    It’s this last round of Chemo that’s got him and his tumour is now pushing onto the kidneys making them weak.
    Once the op happens he can start his road to recovery and hopefully get back to running. Those were his first words when he got told he’s got cancer was “when can I run again”. Not bad for a 75 year old still able to do 6 miles 3-4 times a week.

He lost his wife 2 years ago (1 week of my auntie) so me and my brothers are taking it turns to be his punchbag for the frustration.

As someone told me, cancer does not care what colour, age, sexual orientation or if you’re EU or not.

Anyway back to your bickering fellow City supporters and city supporters wanna be’s

15. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I liked the bit when he says...

"One cannot be a selective democrat. Who only respects democracy when it delivers your preferred result."

Absofuckinglutely!!!

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I am prepared, only just, but prepared nonetheless, to let your last 4 words slide pass <ok>

Cancer is a bitch. The best advice I can give you is take any support you can, from who you can. Even the smallest of deeds from someone really goes a long way to take an element of weight off your shoulders. I didn't do this as I wanted to be the one who was strong who held everyone together. I thought I would be strong enough but I failed big time. It was too much. I know you haven't lost him but the advice still applies <ok>

BCFCRob and RedorDead like this.
  18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just for you ROD to make you smile <ok>

EU3.png

20. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Think I just had one of those mini sicks.......................:emoticon-0119-puke:

: Brexitparty