1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

<doh>

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

And that is down to May’s handling of this she was weak very weak.

AshtonRed likes this.
  3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

It does appear so doesn’t it.

4. Red Robin

Rob we voted leave not with concessions we voted leave as we wanted out.
    We were never told a deal was to be done.
    It was in or out very simple and we know exactly what we voted for.
    We don’t want to be run by unelected dickheads in Brussels taking the piss out of UK citizens and telling us what we should or should not be doing.

5. AshtonRed

Rob if I’m honest if I really believed things would stay as they are now , on balance, I most likely would have voted remain. I genuinely believe they won’t, the things you suggested will happen , or at the very least most of them will. It’s not a route I want to go down .

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Do you mean the unelected dickheads, voted in on the election that you started this thread about?

BCFCRob likes this.
  7. AshtonRed

I don’t think they are the dickheads he was talking about Rod , they are different dickheads altogether.

Red Robin likes this.
  8. Red Robin

:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0150-hands:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0150-hands

9. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Except AshtonRed, you don't even realise it but you've accidentally agreed with me. You've actually said that you were happy with the vote being totally blind! But I am willing to bet that is something you've recently 'discovered' - if you were asked pre-Referendum you actually would've spouted that same stuff about it being an easy trade deal and people queuing up for us, etc.

The question was too simple for the ask. It's as simple as that. You cannot bring it down to a yes or a no.

If I wanted to leave the EU with a deal, but not a no deal, what should I have voted?
    I wanted to remain in the EU as we are, but not with the Euro, etc, what should I have voted?

Are you saying that I should have not voted at all because I don't want EVERY eventuality of one of the binary choices?

No we didn't Red Robin. We weren't asked. Not all voters are stupid, leave or remain, but some of the stuff you come out with in this thread is outstanding. RedorDead has just absolutely wiped the floor with you there and as usual you can't respond.

10. AshtonRed

The two options you want don’t exist though Rob, that’s why you are missing the point. It’s like wanting a tooth fairy or Father Christmas, they don’t exist , as for it not being yes or no, a binary option, it’s either in or out , you have to have one or the other and except the one you chose will likely end up the way you pointed out. You have to chose which is the lesser of two evils .

Red Robin likes this.

11. Red Robin

You want to pick certain bits from the in vote,that my friend will not happen.It was in or out very easy decision and you take the good with the bad.The same as the politicians in your favoured party,

12. BCFCRob

They don't exist? Really?

Pre-referendum Farage was banging on about being like Norway. He said that we could be like them, have access to the Single Market, and they're not members of the EU! They're rich and we can all be rich like them, is exactly what he was saying.

Now he's banging on about no deal, and how we must get out and **** everything else. Out means out, etc and no free trade deal etc.

Now those two options are MILES apart, but both are under the same umbrella of 'OUT'. How is that in any way logical? And how you can you tell me that all 52% voted just for the second option? I'll tell you why, it's because it's bollocks.

13. BCFCRob

Please read a book at some point in your life mate.

14. Red Robin

Never was a book fan :emoticon-0148-yes:

15. Red Robin

We are no fools:emoticon-0145-shake:emoticon-0145-shake:emoticon-0145-shake

16. BCFCRob

Guarantee you've read no further than the opening paragraph of that RR <laugh>

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I was a bit confused with all of the shananakins going on yesterday, I thought that a vote had been passed instructing Boris that a no deal was off of the table and only a deal acceptable to parliament was the new bye line, I now understand that the suspension of parliament was amended for October only and then nominated recalls throughout the following months for updates - the law still states we come out on the 31st October regardless and an extension can only be requested by Boris or the Queen ( highly unlikely) to the EU.

The actual withdraw agreement and trade treaty is negotiated between the EU and the national goverment or elected leader of the country taking part, no other parties or individuals are involved or concerned in final decision making or agreements.

Nothing has really changed except the proroguing, we can still try and re-negotiate the deal and if they won't budge, we leave.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Red Robin and Oldsparkey like this.
  18. BCFCRob

I won't lie, all of these Parliamentary amendments and votes are getting far too confusing for me now.

19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed. Nothing that happened yesterday re the anti proroguing attempts can alter the legal default situation, and that is we leave on the 31st October. No amount of posturing, paliamentray debates, delaying tactics by the remain element can change the legal default.

We will be out unless there is a massive breakthrough and concessions by the EU (highly unlikely). Should Boris get in (highly likely), he simply cannot backtrack on his avowed position and will see this through.

There is nothing Parliament can do to prevent it other than pass a new bill to change the law as it stands, and that will not happen.

20. Red Robin

Land of hope and glory <party>

: Brexitparty