1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I feel I don't fit into any box politically. Lib Dems are simply undemocratic as they wanted to reverse the referendum. Greens are important right now but wanted to revoke Brexit too so were undemocratic. Labour front bench wanted to remain so were undemocratic and I just couldn't vote for Corbyn who is just simply unelectable. Im not a fan of Boris as mentioned many times before but the Tories have tried to be be democratic by implementing the referendum. ChangeUK can go forth and multiply. Brexit party is the closest to where I feel I belong on the democratic front but just not enough policies to deal with domestic issues. Therefore although they would get Brexit done, I feel they would be headless chickens for everything else. Our politics is a farce right now.

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Tree sap...

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yeah and weirdly what I see. is far more instances of islamophobia from Tory ministers and MP's, which is in direct conflict with you <laugh>. Truth is, we probably both subconsciously choose our media to fit our own beliefs to some extent. If you read news websites or papers (I've no idea if you do) you're more likely to see the Labour ****, and if I use Twitter and follow certain biased accounts I'm more likely to see the Tory ****. It's what makes fake (and/or biased) news so dangerous I guess.

AshtonRed likes this.
  4. BCFCRob

Genuine question - Nicky Morgan was yesterday made Culture Secretary despite not being an MP. That's the Tories employing an unelected bureaucrat in Government. Can I draw a criticism of it from at least one of you? <laugh>

5. BCFCRob

And now Zac Goldsmith too <laugh>. Can't even vote them out anymore!

6. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

They were protesting because if Labour had won there would be 10,000 new nurses, 5,000 new doctors and 10,000 new police officers by now. Its not good enough.

7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I didn’t even realise you could do that, don’t agree with that

8. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

How can they protest , we’ve just had an election ffs

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Here we go then sniping & nitpicking syndrome returns, nothing changes, where is the positivity of a fresh start.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  10. BCFCRob

It's not going to continue wiz. It's just a particularly funny moment because we've had months of complaining about the Brussels mafia and unelected politicians while you lot back the Tories, and now the Tories have gone and done the exact same thing and appointed whoever they like while ignoring the people.

I just wanted to see if you were genuinely fair and willing to actually criticise the Tories for doing that. Clearly not. That doesn't mean I'm going to attack every slight thing they do, this was just a particularly poignant thing to do.

AshtonRed likes this.

11. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Yes you can. Five years although given the malaise the Labour party is in I fear it will be ten.

The difficulty for the opposition is that if Labour were to highlight this "constitutional scandal" it would underline that their Government had done similar under Blair and Brown..

12. BCFCRob

I was referring to the fact that Goldsmith had lost his seat, but yeah you're absolutely right.

AshtonRed likes this.
  13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

No one would ever want to stop you expressing your opinions or having a point of view, you have a right to be heard and please continue doing so, personally I like the debate and want it to continue, both sides of all issues.

Open and positive conversation makes for good understanding, Brexit caused a lot of division, I would like the dust to settle and a bit of mutual patience on all aspects and subjects.

I now wait for the pigs might fly and pink elephants contributors.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  14. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

By sound of what boris/nicky saying only til Feb keep.it going without too much change at this point and then in the feb shuffle replace them

15. BCFCRob

:emoticon-0148-yes: Fair play.

16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a shadow on a cloudy day compared to labour.

they were and they are.

17. BCFCRob

Give up JGF <laugh>. How would you know how they voted. The protestor-types seem more like Green voters to me.

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Of course we all see reports of MP's getting suspended etc but I am referring to Corbyn's interview with Andrew Neil. He said over a 1000 cases and Corbyn claimed all been dealt with which was lies <ok>

Your point about the press is very true. There are very dangerous and I feel the press are running the country.

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

What would have happened if Boris had lost his seat in the election but the Tories had won? Would he not be allowed to govern? Genuine question.

As for your question, she lost her seat so shouldn't in my eyes be given a role in parliament. However she was already on the front bench and already in the role and would make sense for now to keep doing the role temporarily until a replacement found and ready following Brexit <ok> Seems fair and understandable to me. But come Feb, I expect that position to be filled by someone else. Its a temporary thing <ok>

20. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

didn't they go forth and extinct?
    you have to search very hard to substantiate your statement! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Rob, you need to buy a book called understanding politics or similar, your good comments are far weighed by your bad [ not understood the point you are replying to! ] some positions are filled by "non MP's" because they are extremely clever in their understanding of the subject or they sit in the other house!

quite often the "nit picking" evolves from not understanding the various aspects or reasons some things need to take place /or have taken place. All parts of society have the "outcasts?" people who are self bigoted feel they need to be centre of attention, quite often it is because they are in life very insecure …..

Hey ho:emoticon-0102-bigsm you add the odd emoli when you seem to get desperate to make a statement .. look at your comment and straight away you should see how it is stupid .. you pose an answer by asking a question … ! but you have actually done the same thing to yourself, :emoticon-0102-bigsm how do you know they look or are green [ hardly nay green amongst them, mostly darker shades of grey blue red …]:emoticon-0105-wink:

: Brexitparty