1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexiterrs vote today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 23, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly ok until the last lines should be OH no I wont ...OH yes you will ……… [whisper] and this is labour milk has turned ….

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We all know what was meant behind the Tories figures. It was explained very well. Yes it was deceiving how it was out originally but if someone actually reads the breakdown of the figures behind 50k more nurses then it would be understandable, not the best worded but still understandable.

32k will be brand new nurses. Newly trained at home and recruited from abroad.

18k will be re-recruiting nurses that have left and also keeping hold of nurses that are at breaking point who want to leave. Currently there is a retention crisis of nurses. Lots are leaving. If nothing is done, X amount of nurses will quit. If the Tories keep power, the incentives given to nurses to stay would hopefully mean these nurses will stay. So those who stay is more than what we would have if nothing is done.

Really it should have been said 32k new nurses and a further 18k nurses being re-recruited who had previously left the NHS, along with sorting the retention out and therefore 50k more nurses overall. People would have understood this. But jumping in with 50k more nurses and then being questioned on that figure and then the breakdown of it is what has bothered people.

4. johngalleyfan2

one of the biggest problems nowadays is our working ethic .. generally .. example ….>>>> When I was an employed person the vast majority of those in the same employ were loyal to the company, it went both ways. You had set holidays usually finished on a Friday [ nightshifts usually Fri or Sat am ] and it was 2 weeks! Now you get 34 -40 days for holidays and it covers all bank holidays etc etc.
    There were hardly any agencies ... but now dozens of them and a lot dealing with HEALTH SERVICES. A nurse can now get trained, do a few years and then sign on to an agency and get far more money often in the same ward they were NHS employed! It is the same for care workers, my wife works in a home as employed, but is on less than an agency employed person. one advantage of this of course is you want a month off for a holiday you can [nowadays you even get certain grades of holiday pay ] the cost of these agency nurses [lack of figure is based on the fact an agency is filling a void ] is often £8 + the rate the nurse gets and is/ can be subject to VAT!
    we have had austerity to clean up the debt left by labour and nurses have had pay rises but the way forward [ and jobs almost all ] had an annual bonus. Nurses should get a pay increase, maybe £2000 p/a ? but should have a bonus to aim for maybe up to £1000 based on achieving a minimum of 210 shifts worked.

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

The point is , we know what the figures are so why not just state it as it is , instead they announced it as if they were extra , which they weren’t, it’s then too late for them to back down, it’s not limited to one Party , they are all as bad as each other but that doesn’t make it any better. It just feels like they are treating us like idiots.

6. johngalleyfan2

I see Corbolliks has jumped on the latest band wagon going to subsidise annual rail fares by 30% or so … his shadow MINISTER in an interview tried to dodge the question how will you pay for that and the answer after 3 or 4 repeats came .. "the typical Robbing Peter to pay Paul" this time.
    straight away I did a quick synopsis of that act and statemet and the result is having shot away his foot and lower leg he is now starting on the other one.
    jumps on band wagon hoping to dredge up a few votes from that might fall for it ………..

robs one account to pay for another … not waiting …………. on 1/1/2020 it will be implemented 30% off!!!!!!! THEY Labour ] ARE PAYING NOT THE PASSENGER a free hand out . wheres ours?????
    robbed account means no work [ £1.5bn worth ] for a number of poor people building roads and infra structure [ where the money is going will not pay for jobs ]
    reason given is we don't need roads it doesn't help our carbon footprint ...wrong … shot in the foot as he stated [ made a big issue of it ]we need to bring our infra structure up to date! so poor roads means slower traffic = higher rev's for longer more fuel burnt =
    more carbon produced =
    when challenged the minister said we need to improve our buses and train travel, get people using public transport and don't need to improve road widening build new sections etc etc … asked how it might work? no real answer.

I think simplicity is train fares are a mess … a lot of people cant live at A work in B and not use a car, likely cant even do it with a bus [ poor roads ] = use a Train/s which only go via some towns and cities and a bus often needed to get to and from a place near station [at both ends! ]. Around towns and cities are the dwellings, often workplace is not just down the road so car or bus needed, not / no a train so poor quality roads add to delays and more carbon. An independent body should look carefully at train fares and the availability of the rolling stock to make things more reliable and thus avoid the fines ….
    eg [ hypothetical ] GWR [gets fines ] Makes £300m profit and they need to spend £250m to improve/eliminate the reason they were fined /paid out compensation and also replace a couple of bits of rolling stock .. so where does the money come from? the passengers because that is the income of GWR! …
    AFTER Christmas if a labour gov: Most of the readers on here would be paying toward £30% of the train travellers fares …. about £1 a week xtra in income tax.

7. AshtonRed

Almost as predictable as you criticising him .

I’ve an idea , let’s do away with public services , the rule of law. and government altogether that way none of us would have to pay any taxes at all.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I completely agree with you. I said that in my comment <ok>

Again, I completely agree <ok>

9. AshtonRed

I watched Question time where the Tory MP ( can’t remember who it was ) kind of laughed along with the audience when the hypocrisy of the stance was pointed out, but then still tried to defend it , everyone in the hall knew it was nonsense , so why do it. Our Politicians at present are completely useless and out of touch. It’s why Corbyn was popular to begin with as he was seen to be above all that , but the truth is he isn’t a leader.

10. johngalleyfan2

do not get criticising confused with a statement of fact … fares go up, he states same day out of the blue he will give them all a 30% rebate on 1st January 2020 … a statement of fact simples

good job you aint PM we would be well in the s...……….. hang on doing away with government, that would mean you wouldn't be able to be PM .. so what does leave … ? a) king or queen b) dictator c)anarchy …

what that they are treating us as idiots? …!

..... what was the subject matter?

11. AshtonRed

Anarchy, that’s my point , you keep quoting the cost of everything and how we all pay for it in taxes, my point is without these things that we pay for in our taxes the alternative is Anarchy. We all want to live in an ordered society , which means we all need to pay a share towards it , hence taxes.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

It was embarrassing wasn't it. He knew it sounded stupid but he kept on. But he didn't need to go through all that. It would have easily been avoided if they just said from the beginning 32k new and 18k existing being kept along with bringing back the old. Even better if they just said 32k new and left it at that. And if they got the 32k new nurses and brought back old nurses and had a better retention, then they could have come out after and said they succeeded in their promises and exceeded it with better retention and brought back the experience nurses. They would have looked good that way. But over promising creates wrong attention and then they look silly when they have to explain their numbers. To me the 50k made sense ONCE it was broken down. But they looked so stupid the way they went around it and made themselves even more untrustworthy.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes <ok>

johngalleyfan2 likes this.
  14. johngalleyfan2

no one at least me has said that paying taxes is wrong … you have to look at the bigger picture and not just singular items
    here is some clues
    wants to make the poorer people pay less tax [ do you know how that works? and why?]
    wants to keep people in work and generate more jobs
    wants to improve the in frastucture [ do you know what that entails ]
    wants to improve services
    wants to put more police on street
    wants to put more nurses and doctors in hospitals
    wants to pay off the waspi pensioners
    wants to give a living wage of £10 [ he doesn't give it just tells business to do it ] but [ do you know what one of the side effects might be? ]
    wants to ban uni fee's [ this is complex and extremely costly, but the end result for many is they pay nothing, and the number of uni places have gone up because it costs almost nothing. I come in contact with at least 40 freshers every year and in a previous post given statistics.. [ nut shell ….80-90% end up not doing anything an ordinary person not going to uni does ]
    wants to share our fishing rights … part of his deal with EU!
    wants to ...the list goes on, the picture is bigger …

OH and wants to pay for it by taxation in certain areas …….

now how does all that get paid for? ..taxes in multiple forms …. but it is immensely flawed .. it is like a domino train! [standing on end just close enough if one falls it it triggers a train reaction .….
    Clue company makes a profit and pays taxes … everything is hunky dory, pay their employee's a wage etc suddenly the get a double whammy have to pay more of their profit to the government and pay their employees more = smaller or no profit, no profit to replace things improve or expand ..the domino effect kicks in [ are you aware of all the repercussions, at least 4 immediate, that entails, that one instance could take down the whole lot]
    I believe in taxation [ maybe not at certain levels] but it is no different in a way to us /it/them working for an employer ..it is the government income

15. johngalleyfan2

the biggest problem with giving out information or making statements is that [** and I get it on here a lot waffle /to much information/ etc** ] is that power points are needed to get the point over.
    power point example is exactly what you have said .. "we are going to put on 50k more nurses" ......….now the whole country knows that is an aim .. a no frills statement 50k.

now if they had started off with the breakdown … the how what when where etc it would not have had the same effect, it would have been a long drawn out statement of facts with no impact! .. it became a talking point.

every manifesto was launched in the same way a series of power points some well thought out others not so, stated as impact statements to attract those that only react to something usually one thing pertinent to them a student not having to pay, a waspi getting £30k+ etc.

how much talk time has been given to the waspi promise that's £xxbn + where other things costing a fraction has had time after time spent on it.

CJS, "To me the 50k made sense ONCE it was broken down" it actually made more sense when broken down, it gave you the information it was based on [ later in the manifesto ] on how where and when mostly. how is the grouping, where is different categories new old etc and when the timescale aspect.
    nearly all initial POWER POINTS are delivered with the same thought in mind...stimulate interest.

** I take no offence or notice to posts that refer to these comments, I have a group of individuals / friends /associates, as I am sure most of you have, that do not post on here but follow mainly the football aspect of our football orientated posts … however they are interested more often or not in the comments and some of the explanations they get in posts not related. Not everybody in the same class at school understands the reasoning behind certain things! I for one at BRUNEL, came to understand difficulties in radio electronics by the teacher explaining it as a central heating/ water system in the house! ...

16. AshtonRed

Too many points to address them all, I’ll pick one, I remember when Labour suggested a minimum wage , how it was going to kill industry , lose jobs and bankrupt the country , none of these things happened , I’m sure you’ll again give a convoluted answer why it didn’t, but will prove this will , they were wrong then and are also wrong now.

17. johngalleyfan2

rather than make a valid point you have to try to belittle the person you are delivering it to! notice I said valid ..POINT. for then, it was within a different picture and te huollaballoo wasn't as toxic as now in a general election run up. it went up by pennies not £'s and is now at its present level not due to Labour!
    it went up pennies without the companies having to beware of increased company taxes …..
    before I went Self employed 20 years ago I went for / applied for loads of jobs to see if there was one I MIGHT LIKE . never had a job I didn't .. gov figure was the "the average wage is £16k per annum" approx. £7.80p /hour there was a few that got there, ( but the hours per week varied to get this rate £16k anything from 37 on shift to 44 on days ) the majority of companies were around £4.75 - £5
    whats it now £8.50?

18. AshtonRed

If it wasn’t for Labour introducing it it wouldn’t be at any level, nor would it be seen as ‘normal’ , things that seem controversial when introduced often become mainstream and affordable.

19. AshtonRed

The questioner put it in a nutshell, If I have 3 apples and you give me another 2 does that mean I have an extra. 5 apples ? . Cracking ...

20. johngalleyfan2

that is absolutely a pre primary school comment, shows a very desperate questioner trying to have something to say that is actually gobbly guk. I bet the tinned applause rattled in along with the canned laughter when he spurted that one out.. camera flashs to his face a real smug Cheshire cat grin of his 3 sec of TV glory …………. I've just asked my Grand kids the same question, except said if you had … answer no silly, you would only have 2 extra [ ages 10, 12, 13 ] 5 in total ………..

: Brexitparty