1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brentford game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

this will be my first town match of the season , i will be interested to see what formation Askey goes with and have a look at the new players, the midfield battle between Nolan(as long as he is better) and Woods will be of interest.. we have to be realistic last season we had two very good keepers ,so i hope no body gets on the back our new keeper Arnold . .

we know with pre season friendlies they are often no more than a training game but i hope we can retain our defensive strength and look how the team is shaping up

Matster likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

this was a fairly typical pre season game ,most of the time it did not get out of second gear, Arnold had no chance against the goals.
    Brentford are a championship team and not surprisingly had that bit more quality.

the main concern for me was how easily they got behind the defence and pulled the ball back, towns defence struggled against the one touch passing and only some last ditch defending bailed town out,towns defence were caught out by the diagonal runs, all three goals for brentford came from this kind of moves ,i think the second one could have been an own goal?

the two wingers on the left Fejri okenbabirhe and alex gilliead both have pace and a few tricks ,Ferjri scored and alex had a very good shoot which forced the save of the game.,it may seem nit picking but alex was forced off the ball a few times but he is like a greyhound.

in the first half town were pushed back into there own half for lengthy periods as brentford bossed the midfield., we switched keepers at half time i did not catch his name his distribution was poor and he fumbled an easy straight forward shoot.,he had no chance against the goal.
    the new forward aaron amandi -holloway scored from a header he is a physical presence, after 60 minutes town had a series of substitutions and i think this may have contributed to third goal as town lose 3-2

all early days as the team take shape
    a crowd of just over 1,300 watched the game

Matster likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

this was a fairly typical pre season game ,most of the time it did not get out of second gear, Arnold had no chance against the goals.
    Brentford are a championship team and not surprisingly had that bit more quality.

the main concern for me was how easily they got behind the defence and pulled the ball back, towns defence struggled against the one touch passing and only some last ditch defending bailed town out,towns defence were caught out by the diagonal runs, all three goals for brentford came from this kind of moves ,i think the second one could have been an own goal?

the two wingers on the left Fejri okenbabirhe and alex gilliead both have pace and a few tricks ,Ferjri scored and alex had a very good shoot which forced the save of the game.,it may seem nit picking but alex was forced off the ball a few times but he is like a greyhound.

in the first half town were pushed back into there own half for lengthy periods as brentford bossed the midfield., we switched keepers at half time i did not catch his name his distribution was poor and he fumbled an easy straight forward shoot.,he had no chance against the goal.
    the new forward aaron amandi -holloway scored from a header he is a physical presence, after 60 minutes town had a series of substitutions and i think this may have contributed to third goal as town lose 3-2

all early days as the team take shape
    a crowd of just over 1,300 watched the game

4. Zenfootball2

no idea why but when i wrote about the match it would not accept it, so did it again and they both have appeared?

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers for the write up Zen. Not too impressed with Arnold in goal so far and don't know why we've signed Loft unless it's as backup for someone else coming in.

6. Zenfootball2

I dont know either considering he has spent most of the last two years in the physio room

7. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Looks like further recruits or loans coming in this week as we get closer to the deadline. We are really stepping into the unknown with a new manager and half a new squad but I am very hopeful we can keep Nolan and Nsiala. We look to have quite a physical squad at the moment with some pace and trickery upfront. I agree Zen that the big worry is the control in midfield but perhaps the lads from Rangers and Wigan (or at least one of them) will come in to reinforce that area. I cannot make it to any of the friendlies but am really looking forward to the Bradford game.

8. Zenfootball2

i have lost track how many midfielders we have signed and got in on loan, but with another one today it will be interesting who will be in the starting 11 for the start of the season.