1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brady's Booked his Xmas Holidays!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mussiesredhat, Dec 20, 2011.

1. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

<laugh> hardly, we've not been gettings buckets from low crosses, and that's not nearly as much of a skill as crossing the ball in the air. And ffs if we ignore all the shots people don't score from then Fryatt would be the best (8 goals) Koren would be next best (7 goals) etc etc but let's not start that dead end argument...

And if a striker can't head a ball, who's fault is it? I'd blame a striker for being **** at heading not a winger for putting a ball in that didn't suit him, Brady's style of cross rarely needs any power adding just a change of direction to get it past a keeper, that's not much to ask.
    As for our full backs putting in low crosses because it's not worth putting in high ones, you're not wrong, but i'd put that down to Rosie and Dawson actually being quite **** at crossing in the air, Dawson's crosses are always high drifters (though it worked at Cov thanks to McLean's persistance and their inept defending) whereas Rosie rarely reaches our first man. Rosie therefore heads to the byline to drill one in as it's his strength, whereas Dawson persists with his crosses or passes inside.

Now please, pick one point from my argument you feel is the weakest, and only quote that bit for the reply <ok>

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hang on a second, the original point I made is that Brady's crossing and shooting weren't strong points. I've already said that it doesn't matter how technically proficient he is if it doesn't actually allow us as a team to create a realistic threat. Brady's crossing is not a strength that he brings to this team anymore than my being a fluent French speaker (for illustration) would be a strength to be considered if I applied for a job in my local newsagent.

Take Brady out the team and we're not going to suffer a drop in team performance as a result of losing his crossing or shooting. Where we'd miss Brady is in his ball control at pace, and the way that ability draws additional defenders to him and leaves gaps for other players to exploit. If Brady were playing on the right and Elliott was still here on the left then it would be different, because his crossing would be resulting in far more goal threats and we'd miss them. As it is you're not going to pick Brady on the basis of his crossing when no ****er can ever get near them to do anything, you're going to pick him for what he actually contributes to the results the team gets.

3. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Rossi has a set cross that always goes beyond the far post. A couple of us watch out for it every game.

I don't dislike Brady, but he is after all not the finished product.

I don't think he will stay, dont really mind if he does and I will support him either way, but he is behind his mates who are still at ManU and I don't think he will eclipse them.

If he goes back, I would put a quite bid in for Jason Puncheon.