1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brady's Booked his Xmas Holidays!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mussiesredhat, Dec 20, 2011.

1. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

HERE HERE HERE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ with you all the way on this post. it was barely a slap if that. ive seen mucb worse go unPunished. mackem ref did not help either. thought they were tough up there ? :emoticon-0105-wink:

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

4. The FRENCH TICKLER

You can add Sonny now. BRADLEY IS READY FOR THE FIRST TEAM SQUAD. Bradley & Cooper are good cover for Hobbs and Chester. imo.

good game. finished 2-2 with city pulling back level twice thru Garcia and Yes James Harper.
    enjoyed 2 yummi pies and hot coffee. alround a good night out. had to laugh @ blackburn thou.:emoticon-0105-wink:

5. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Club Facebook page confirmed he's not banned from first team games.

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Really? I thought it was a few years ago, god I must have had a busier 6 months than I thought.

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

In fairness, the one at Southampton wasn't even slightly petulant. It wasn't even a foul.

As for Brady hasn't had a good game since Liverpool? Don't be daft. He won us the games against Cardiff and Reading and was our best attacker for thr first 3 months of the season.

8. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Yeah, the ability to miss-hit crosses are a real plus.

9. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

You're wasting your time there, I've already tried explaining that the crosses that look **** but result in goals are better than the ones that look good but result in goal kicks and got nowhere. I could have understood the disagreement if I was just saying he was ****, all I said was that crossing and shooting weren't his strong points.

10. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

The point about Brady is that he is not the finished article. If he were United would probably be loaning him out to a lower Prem side. He is here to learn and develop.

However, it should be obvious for all to see he has tons of natural ability and can learn how to cross and shoot (I actually think he can shoot and does so too often) as he matures. That is what he is doing here.

Is this not obvious? Or am I speaking a different language to all the Brady-Out brigade?

11. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

The lad's a talent - those in the anti camp wouldn't be so keen to slag him off if we weren't doing so well.

He's had a reprieve and he should take that and learn from his mistakes.

12. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

Very lucky boy.
    He can stay here and play in our first team, or Man Utd can take him back and have him suspended for their reserve team matches.

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. tomahawk taity

on a positive note ,the food at ferriby is cheap and edible !

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It's complete nonsense though. I said nothing about them looking good. I said his crosses were fast and in the perfect areas; dangerous crosses like a PL player. You brought aesthetics into it. The only reason people think he is a bad crosser is because he looks like that sort of player that you so often see: lightning quick tricky winger but with no end product. The thing that makes him a talent is the fact the end product is there.

It's absolute bollocks to suggest he can't shoot or cross, there're very few better players in our squad at either.

Cue some stupid statistic that proves nothing other than that Brady's shots are all from distance, which we already know.

15. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

but last night they'd run out of sausages, pies and hot chocolate before half-time

16. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

His crosses and shots rarely result in goals for the team. End product for a football team is goals. It doesn't matter if I can hit the top corner with 100% of my freekicks, if keepers still get to every single one it means I'm crap at taking freekicks.

17. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

His shots have drawn some good saves from goalkeepers but i agree it'd be nice if he'd scored from one by now!

As for his crosses, he's one of the best in the team at crossing (Stewart is as good if not better IMO). Name one cross we've scored from this season, name one goal that was a header (except for the rebound Koren got at Southampton). Which suggests it's likely that the problem is our strikers are **** at getting on the end of a cross and scoring headers.

Nobody has got an assist from crossing a ball this season, so that's not a reason to drop Brady. Only one player has scored directly from a cross and consistently puts the ball in that dangerous area where goals can happen.

For the record, i'm happy with the team at the moment and with Brady being used from the bench. But i definitely want him to stay on for the season.

EDIT: I'm talking about crosses for headers, i'm aware our wingers & full backs have been getting to the byline and drilling the ball across well this season

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

So you don't look out for any sort of technique when you're watching games, you just judge players purely on the most basic of statistics?

I mean in your example, Koren used to take all of our free kicks and nearly every time he'd hit the very bottom of the wall, Cairney has taken a few and they always beat the wall and are close to scoring, you're saying the two have the same free kick ability?

This is a very good post. I agree with everything in it. Stewart has also put some very good balls in lately. When you compare those two to the likes of Dawson who kick it as high and slow as possible, you can see who was brought up at Man U and who wasn't...

19. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

Oh well yeah, if you ignore the low crosses that we're scoring from then Brady's are just as good. ffs you might as well just say that if we ignore all the shots people don't score from they're all as good as each other at shooting.

If you're going to take it down to being the striker's fault for not being good enough to get on the end of them, maybe then the fullbacks have realised it's not worth putting in high crosses and are playing low crosses because of that. Brady persistently putting in the wrong kind of cross for the team is a weakness in his game.

You're ignoring that Cairney has a nack of actually scoring them as well then?

There's little point in things being technically good if they create less danger to the opposition than the alternatives. If we had some aerial ability in the team I might well look at Brady's crossing as a strength in his game, within the current team it's a weakness because he's not making the right kind of crosses for us to pose a threat from them regardless of how technically proficient he is, and he's not realising it. Strengths and weaknesses are relevent to the environment you're in.

And I'm not purely about stats, if I was I'd probably be arguing that one of our centre backs was the best passer in the team because of pass completion (seperating long and short), but it's clearly someone like Koren or Barmby who with much less time to pick the pass is able to thread through the defence for strikers to go clean through, even though more of their passes get cut out.

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

See your last paragraph makes good sense and could easily be applied to Brady. It's not all about who puts the most crosses in or who happens to assist a goal with one (for example Dawson's cross at Coventry was absolute gash but happened to result in a goal due to other factors, but certainly not the cross). Brady's maximise the likelihood of goals by putting the ball behind the defence, if anything it helps our smaller strikers who can't always beat a big defender to a 50:50 ball, Brady's crosses make it more of a 90:10 in the strikers' favour by making the defender face his own goal when defending, it's no coincidence that this sort of cross ended up in the net in the Reading game (and it's been very close several other times) and other players' crosses haven't. He has got at least one assist (Cardiff) and if we can keep him he will certainly get more.