1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brady's Booked his Xmas Holidays!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mussiesredhat, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Im with Strov. Nothing wrong with a bit pf passion, and yes, hopefully he'll learn.

Some of you muppets can't have watched much of Deano in his heyday if you're crying over this...

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Active Member

☺☺☺☺☺☺

Slightly good team to be playing in a reserve cup match
    BASSO,DUDGEON, Bradley, MC SHANE, BRADY, CAIRNEY, Harper, OLOFINJANA, GARCIA, Emerton.
    With all the capitals being First-Team Players. Although Harper doesn't count !

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

The difference is that NB didn't do it on the pitch.

4. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Brady is **** anyway, no big loss!

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Southampton wasn't a perfectly good tackle, it was a reckless lunge, it was a soft red, but it certainly wasn't a perfectly good tackle(if it was we'd have appealed it).

Having just come back from that ban, twatting someone in a reserve game was beyond stupid. Barmby got credit for taking a pop at Bullard because he wasn't pulling his weight and he deserved it, I don't actually think there was a game on in that car park at the time, so he certainly didn't get booked for it.

I don't think last night will affect Nick's decision on signing him and I'm happy for him to sign, he just needs to grow up, his actions last night were simply ridiculous.

6. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

If you look at tackling you have a scale.

At one end of the scale you have the mind-blowing match-saver like Rio Ferdinand did for United the other week (and still wrongfully gave away a pen)

At the other end of the scale you have the sickenning leg-breaker where a player jumps in with all studs showing with the clear intention (ie. nowhere near the ball) like Keane did to Haarland.

In between you have a very large grey area where one fan will disagree with another, one ref will disagree with another and one appeals tribunal will disagree with another.

Robby Brady's sending off at Southampton was right in the middle of that grey area. I n my eyes, it was fair, his studs weren't showing, he slid in with one leg rather than jumped and he got the ball first. The reason he got sent off was that it was a rushed challenge that immediately followed him losing possession and therefore was aggressive and the Southampton player rolled around like he was dying, which the ref fell for.

Barmby said after the game that he thought it was fair and later said it wouldn't be challenged because it was bordeline and they didn't want to risk additional punishment.

This was NOT a bad tackle, this was NOT violence and I at the time thought highly of Brady for showing his desire to win the ball and for the quality of the tackle.

[video=youtube;AX_8vjQvWqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX_8vjQvWqU[/video]

I didn't see Brady's actions last night, but someone who went stated that he reacted to being kicked after the ball had gone. His actions weren't ridiculous, they were those of a young lad who needs to learn self control. Simple.

What I cannot stand is the cretins on here stating ridiculous things like "send him packing" and "he's not worth it". These are the same lynch-mob Boo-boy characters that turn on any player that makes a mistake. As someone else has said these so called fans obviously never saw Dean Windass in his heyday!

7. Chiltons222

Chiltons222 Active Member

Well I think it's between Manu and Nick Barmby now. The thing is, if he turns out to be a massive talent and we missed out on it when there was a chance of extending his loan and eventually signing him we may look back at a missed opportunity.

A bit of patience now, and man to lad coaching could pay big dividends. NB has seen it all in his career and if he asks for him back in the new year and works on his temperament and hot-headedness it may well work out for him and us.

Of course NB may already have given up on him (which is why we are looking at other wingers) so the above may be all academic.

8. Chiltons222

Chiltons222 Active Member

Watching that Brady incident again, it was a very good tackle. The ball shot away from his foot like a rocket.

9. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

I can remember Nick Barmby in his playing day being every bit as aggressive as Robby Brady is now being accused of being. Indeed I have seen him go nose to nose with opponents on a few occasions in a city shirt where had nobody stepped in with he could well have walked for.

10. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know why this is a big deal. He's been schite on the pitch - he's not had a single good game since the Liverpool friendly as far as I'm concerned - so this gives us a chance to get rid.

For all his fans consider this: Stewart's impact since returning vs Brady's. Case closed.

11. WestHullTig3r

WestHullTig3r New Member

12. N

N Active Member

I think Brady is a decent player, but I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if we didn't go for him again in January.

He had an explosive start and looked brilliant but I think he started to believe his own hype. He looked half the player in the last month and when Stewart came back he reminded me what we've been missing.

There is NO excuse for taking a swing at a player (especially in a reserve game which in reality counts for sweet FA) and this further highlights what a hot-head he undoubtably has.

If we sign him fine. I'll support him but he needs to step up big time and stop doing stupid ****. I wouldn't complain at not signing him and getting Hammill instead.

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

That's that one sorted then, it's unlikely to have any bearing on Nick's plans now, though he still needs a talking to.

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

it was common place in years gone by for players who wanted to spend time at home. Peter Swan is happy to admit that he did it and many others have done so to.

i was at the game last night and it was very harsh. Brady over reacted to a bad tackle and human nature kicked in. once again common sense went out of the window. a yellow and final warning would have surficed, imo.

15. The FRENCH TICKLER

Oli is now back as well. He looked good last night after such a long lay off. Oli can have Bradys place on the bench @ Boro.

I still think a ban is very harsh for a slap. ffs, the game has gone soft.

16. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Hmmm not 1 good game since Liverpool are you sure about that? Fair enough his form dropped off a bit in the last few games, but he's had a number of decent performances for us. I missed him doing it last night as I was looking at summat else, but my dad didnt and said the sunderland player had clipped his heels/kicked out a little (not that it justifies him doing it). There was another moment in the match where Garcia kicked out, but the ref missed it. Now if he'd of been caught then Garcia would have been in the same situation. To be fair it was an incredibly petulant thing to do, especially after being sent off against Southampton. I think the criticism of him 'being ****' is totally unjustified, him being a bit of an idiot fair enough. Anyway Brady's been lucky seen as he isnt suspended, end of.

17. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

Phil Buckingham has tweeted that the sending off doesn't apply to the first team so he can play at Boro

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He's a lucky boy, the rules only changed this summer, if this happened last season he would have been banned for four first team games.

19. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

Change in regulations came into effect this summer, last year it would have counted towards the first team but not this year. He's got lucky ... or not depending if he wanted Christmas off <laugh>

20. The FRENCH TICKLER

Basso was struggling Big Time last night and not just his goal kicking. That tendonitis looks bad and No Way can Basso ever be considered to start a first team game as he is now.

Forget a CB as we have both Liam Cooper and Sonny Bradley as cover for Hobbs and Chester even if McShane goes in Jan.

Oli looked good after so long out and his touch was there. His pace will return and looks ready for a subs bench spot with the first team especially if Brady gets a 4 game ban. imo, its a joke as his sending off @ soton was also harsh.

It has to be the 2 strikers that are a priority for NB.