1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bradford game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Nov 9, 2019.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

No complaints about the draw - that was a very tight game which could have gone either way. Laurent was immense in the first half and I hope those clowns on B and A who have been calling for him to be dropped will now shut up. Our lads certainly put a shift in but our weakness in the box and inability to break teams down is plain for all to see. Whalley is completely wasted playing all across the line - as soon as he stayed on the right wing for a while he put in a cross which eventually lead to our goal. The way we set up we are just as likely to beat them playing away as we are at home so we should not give up on the tie yet. I suspect we will be playing zBradford again in the league next season as I expect them to go up. Finally, I was disappointed with the like for like subs - why did we not try both our strikers together - our approach play is often good but we just do not get men into the box - no wonder we have not had a penalty yet this season.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

whilst i was expecting a lower crowd i had hoped we would get a bigger gate.
    this game was far from a classic , towns defence looked wobbly and got skinned too often , a poor back header was a gift to Bradford to open up the scoring, in the first half town improved as the half went on i thought laurent looked livley in the most advanced midfielder role( playing in the recent role edward has been playing since the change in formation) also nice for him to get on the score sheet.
    bradfords number 25 was causing town a lot of problems , there number 12 was anticipating the telegraphed back pass to the keeeper and town were fortunate he did not get on the end of them.
    cummings got into some good positions and ran his socks off but the distribution to him was poor.

so half time town back in the game on a very cold day

rather concerning how many chances bradford created, found it far to easy to get on some headers and splitting the center backs. over the course of the game murphy made a number of good saves, the two that stand out ,in the opening minutes a shoot through a crowd of players in which he would have had virtually no sight off as he dived to his left. and in the second half one on one with a bradford player stood up stayed big and saved towns bacon, more compsure in front of goal and more clinical finishing and they could have scored three goals, town were also saved by the post.

town had chances lost count of the times both love and whalley whent down the wing and cut the ball back most of them no one got on the end off apart from ,( edwards and cummings came close) okenabhirie came on as a sub i like him but he struggled to get in the game , he looked rusty his first touch was poor and he dragged a shot wide with one of towns best chances.
    whilst town deserve credit for working hard and getting back in the game.
    town now face a tougher task of playing the replay away

3. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

"Laurent was immense in the first half and I hope those clowns on B and A who have been calling for him to be dropped will now shut up."
    unfortently some elements always wont a scape goat last season it was waterfall ,this season it seems to often be Laurent

there was an idiot a block over from me who was on Golbourne back constatntly yelling at him to go forward, which was nuts as Golbourne has no pace and there number 25 who was like a rocket had switched sides. i just dont get fans who get on players backs, whilst he plays as a wing back he is defensivley minded. no suprise when Golbourne linked up with laurent which lead to lasurent scoring no praise from our armchair expert .

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I am with you on that Zen, some people just pick on one player and abuse them all game. Goldbourne does not have the pace of Giles but he is a canny player and a much better defender. I have never seen a player yet who improves after being barracked and would be really happy if all our fans would get behind the team.