1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bradford game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Apr 12, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Was not there but watched the whole game on TV. Well done to the fans who did go as they made a tremendous racket all game. Thought we did OK (especially second half) and it was pretty entertaining for a 0-0. Our lack of quality upfront looks as if it is going to cost us automatic but I am feeling more optimistic about the play-offs as those games are usually very tight. I would bring Lowe and Hendrie in for Beckles and Bryn. Morris on Tuesday or perhaps even start with John- Lewis and Payne upfront. If Blackburn and Wigan keep winning we could look at playing fringe and youth players for the Mk Dons game (and just pay the FA fine ) to give us a bit of a fitness edge for the first leg of the play-off.

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've been missing that clinical striker up front all season. Nolan does a cracking job but needs to be prepared to shoot more. Wembley was a prime case for that, got up to the goal area and constantly looked for somewhere to pass it. C.Morris holds the ball up really well but needs to make his way into the box a lot more quickly if he lays it off if out in the wing.

3. greenhousmeadowman

Agree with you Matster. Yesterday's results gave us a glimmer of hope for automatic promotion. We must really go at these next three home games with nothing to lose as third place is virtually assured. Our forwards must step up and be more clinical as I am sure we will create chances.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tell you what lads there will be 10,000 janners willing you on over a couple of them. You could do us a massive favour.

Matster likes this.
  5. greenhousmeadowman

Our lads will do their best - I fancy our chances against Charlton and Bury but Peterborough might be more problematic. We have a poor record against them and they are very good at conning referees as well as having a bit of class upfront.