1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bradford City v Pompey

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by Wooperts_duck, Apr 17, 2018.

1. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Everyone has been beating Bradford City recently (for the past 3 months) Pompey go there and end up getting stuffed. Pathetic by O´Keefe to get himself booked and to concede the goal. PFC seem to have a soft centre that enables too many average teams to outmuscle them. PFC need to toughen up, not in a dirty way, but mentally, particularly in the north where too many points have gone adrift. How many points have been won against the Yorkshire teams. How many wins have been earned in Lancashire? This is where any chance of reaching the play-offs has been lost, and for the second best supported team in League 1 and an income far better than the others, finishing outside the top six is frankly not good enough.

2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Tonight's attendance was 19,554. Includes 1,000 plus Pompey fans.

3. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

We cannot win an evening game north of Birmingham. Can anyone remember the last time we did?

4. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

Still 9 points up for grabs - I won't accept defeat until it is a definite - lack of draws this season is telling too.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  5. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be fair it looks like win or bust against Carlton if the playoffs are to remain on the agenda.

If we fail to hit the top six after being so close it will of course be very disappointing for us. That said - if you said to me at the beginning of the season that your expectations were the playoffs this season I'd have said "hang on lets not try to run before we can walk".
    Personally my expectations back in August were to be in the upper echelons of the middle third (9th or 10th would have been very nice thankyou very much).

But that won't make me any more pi55t off than anyone else though if we 'only' finish 7th now though!

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  6. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member