1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Dana White on heavyweight boxing. I think he's a fan. <whistle>

P.S. The title says it's a "rant." It's nothing of the sort.

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  2. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Dana, gets the fights made. No multiple organisations, just one. The boxing world could learn a lot from this guy.

Anyway, The heavyweight division Is competitive. No elite fighters, just a bunch of guys pretty much at the same level. No standout names, no future hall of famers, no fighters that you would stay up until 0400 in the morning to watch. Which is incidentally what I did for all of Lennox's fights.

Whoever comes out on top in the battles of the big 4( which is doubtful it will ever happen) will go down in boxing history and instantly forgotten about. Boxing needs elite fighters in every division. The heavyweights though competitive, dont have any.

Hark back to the light heavys, now that's a division that is crammed full of elite fighters. Guys that were outstanding amateurs that have now progressed to outstanding professionals. And the best fight the best too.

Cyclonic likes this.
  3. Dancingbraveforever

Well, boxing game bow your heads in shame. Poor John Ryder has just put up a helluva show against Calum Smith and has been rewarded by 3 shocking score cards.

He bullied and exposed Smith all night long. Caught him with the cleaner shots, prevented Smith from dictating the fight behind his jab.

Jesus, I think I need to evaluate how important boxing is in my life. Not sure I feel the same way about the game after that.

4. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

To be fair the scorecards weren't far off, they just had the boxers the wrong way round

5. Cyclonic

Has Luis Ortiz developed a David Price type weakness? One minute he's cruising, next thing his eyes are rolling back in his head.

6. Dancingbraveforever

I'm pretty sure that 99.9 % of the worlds population would be sleeping if Wilder hit us with that right hand.

It's just incredibly difficult to not get hit at least once by a booming shot from Wilder. Fury it seems is the only one with the blueprint to tame him

Cyclonic likes this.
  7. smokethedeadbadger

If the Wilder/Fury rematch happens I think Fury will suffer the same fate as Ortiz

8. Dancingbraveforever

L
    Which would be a shame , as without his power he is utterly ****.

9. smokethedeadbadger

I don't necessarily agree with that. I think he just relies on it too much because he knows all he has to do is land. There isn't really a decent heavyweight out there it's such a **** division

10. Cyclonic

Dillian Whyte has been added to the under card of the December 7, Ruiz-Joshua clash. He'll fight the Polish journeyman Mariusz Wach who'll take a record of 35-5 into the bout.

Heavie's betting for the night.

1-25 Whyte.
    10-1 Wach.

3-5 Hunter.
    6-4 Povetkin.

9-4 Ruiz.
    4-9 Joshua.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be backing AJ at odds on. Ruiz took some solid punches in the first fight and he walked straight through them, apart from one and he was quickly up and rearing to go. He is clearly a hard nut and if AJ can't knock him out he's going to get beaten up again I reckon

Cyclonic likes this.
  12. Dancingbraveforever

I like the fact that even though Dillian has been shafted over and over again for a world title fight ,he still keeps busy.

As Ron alluded to, I wouldnt touch Joshua with a barge pole.

Cyclonic likes this.
  13. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Whilst AJ could clearly be vulnerable if he gets caught flush again, I can’t agree with you that he walked through AJs punches.

AJ only hit him with one quality combo once and after that he got wild and missed, leading to the counter shot that started the beginning of the end.

I suspect that AJ will take a similar approach to Ruiz as the Parker fight. If AJ can get Ruiz to start taking risks when behind on the cards he might get a knockout as he Ruiz open himself up. Failing that, AJ by decision.

14. smokethedeadbadger

I don't think Whyte should be allowed to fight whilst there's still the failed drug test hanging over him. I think Joshua will walk through Ruiz. Be surprised if it goes past 5th round

Dancingbraveforever and Cyclonic like this.
  15. Cyclonic

The Whyte - UKAD thing is a real mess. As he hasn't been officially rubbed out, the WBC has sanctioned the Saudi fight. I don't know much about the UKAD processes, they seem a bit suss. Whyte tests positive in mid June but is allowed to fight a month later against Rivas. And here we are 4 months later and it's still all up in the air.

Tyson Fury tested positive on or about the time he fought Christian Hammer, but was allowed to take Klitschko's title 9 months later.

It doesn't look good for the sport.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  16. Dancingbraveforever

Yeah ,i totally forgot about Dillians failed drug test. So yes fk him, he shouldn't be allowed to fight.

17. Cyclonic

Zolani Tete puts his full WBO World Bantamweight title on the line against the WBO Interim World Bantamweight Champion John Riel Casimero.

It lasted less than 3 rounds.

18. Cyclonic

And the WBA now has a Russian Welterweight Champion.

19. Cyclonic

****... the rumours have started already. World Boxing News has just reported that Anthony Joshua has been significantly hurt during a sparring session. This comes on the back of news that Joshua has been blowing them away in training. Only a hand full of days away now. You bewdy.

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a surprise