1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Haye outweighed him by 11 pounds when they last met Ron, but they are predicting he'll come in a bit lighter on Saturday. Pundits are saying Haye will not be drawn into a **** fight this time, he'll use his speed a lot more. I don't know how much these camps know about what's going on behind the closed doors of each other, but you'd think if Bellew's camp think Haye will be lighter and faster, they'll probably go down the same road. I suppose the weigh in tomorrow will give us an idea of what the two camps are thinking. I'm really looking forward to this fight.

2. Cyclonic

Both Haye and Bellew have weighed in slightly lighter than their first encounter. Haye drops 4 pounds to 15 stone 10 (lightest in 7 years,) while Bellew loses 3 pounds and hits a flat 15 stone. (Slightly more than his trainer expected.)

Ages.
    Haye. 37.
    Bellew. 35.

Reach.
    Haye. 78 inches.
    Bellew. 74 inches.

Height.
    Haye. 6'3"
    Bellew. 6'3"

Weight.
    Haye. 220 pounds.
    Bellew. 210 pounds.

Betting.
    Haye. 1-2.
    Bellew. 9-4.
    Draw. 40-1.

Records.
    Haye. 28-3-0. KOs 26.
    Bellew. 29-2-1. KOs 19.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  3. Cyclonic

At the final face off after the weights, the guys had a real chat. I wondered what they were saying, so I chased it up. Two clips below tell the story. First the face off, then Eddie Hearn on what was said. According to the latter, Haye wants to inflict a drawn out, savage beat down on Bellew.

4. Cyclonic

There is something really interesting fomenting on the UK and Commonwealth fronts. The 32 year old Joe Joyce will attempt to take Lenroy Thomas' Commonwealth Title on the under card of the Haye - Bellew fight. Joyce in only his fourth fight is a 1-25 chance against Thomas, who is an 18-1 shot to keep his belt. If Joyce wins, there is a very good chance he'll face the winner of the Sam Sexton - Hughie Fury bout which takes place on May 12 in Bolton. This fight is for Sexton's British Heavyweight Title. The winner of the Sexton - Fury fight winner will earn a mandatory shot at the Commonwealth Champion, whether it be Joyce or Thomas.

So for me, it looks like a mouth watering clash between Joe Joyce and Hughie Fury might be on the cards. Here's hoping.

5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Haye Bellew is a bit of a farce really.

Haye is 37 and trying to rediscover his speed- not a recipe for success.

Bellew will probably be looking to get through the early rounds and then let the fight fall into his hands.

Haye is past it, Bellew never had it. I think the other Cruiser world champs would KO Bellew and I fully expect him to retire on the back of these two paydays (and I salute him on talking himself into a couple of million quid). The only thing to keep him going would be if he loses and they want a trilogy decider. But Haye looks done to me.

Chaninbar and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  6. Cyclonic

7. Cyclonic

Is he showing signs of depression?

8. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Was a good performance from Bellew, he was quicker, stronger physically, and more confident than Haye.
    Haye, who was never much good imo anyways could not cope with him, was flat footed, and i think knew he was shot as a fighter.
    Hope Bellew can get one more big payday then quit healthily.

Cyclonic likes this.
  9. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Thanks for posting this Cyc. Not much of a fight, Haye completely washed up and not recovered from the Achilles tear. And what the fook was he concealing under his shorts - unfeasibly large.

gazboy and Cyclonic like this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Haye is ****ing useless. Should be ****ing embarrassed and hang up his gloves. No power any more, can't take a punch and completely outclassed.

11. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have put it so eloquently but my sentiments exactly Ron

Ron, Chaninbar and Cyclonic like this.
  12. Cyclonic

Last night in Carson City, Gennady Golovkin put his WBA, WBC & IBO World Middleweight Titles on the line against the Super Welterweight Vanes Martirosyan. The challenger was pretty much written off before the fight and entered the ring at cricket score odds.

13. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

GGG crushed him with some brutal shots. Even when he sat in the corner at the end of the fight, the pain and utter bewilderment was all over his face.

He was still a tough guy though. Never been stopped and had only lost to very good fighters.

Cyclonic likes this.
  14. Dancingbraveforever

Also, well done to the bomber. Did what he had to do.

It was so sad seeing Haye like that. Everything that made him a brilliant and explosive fighter had evaporated many years ago.

Deleted....... likes this.
  15. Cyclonic

The number of people out there putting serious crap on Hughie Fury is amazing. I'm not too sure how good he is, or capable of being, but I find him one of the more interesting heavies in the game. Someone said he power is equivalent to being hit in the face by a hand full of crisps. His record hardly inspires confidence on that front, but he has more strings to his bow than ko power. He's tall, fast and elusive. And if the betting is on point, he'll make short work of Sam Sexton tonight. He's $1.03 to take Sexton's Brit title.

In the past he's lacked passion in the ring. He's talked the story, but has failed time and again to let his hands go. Hughie is talking the same old story this time out. He says he's now hungry and vicious. Will he actually be that, or will he be just the latest version of the same old Fury? He's a boxer not a fighter but I hope he's turned the corner and comes out firing on all cylinders.

Fight of the weekend by a country mile is the Linares - Lomachenko bout. Linares is undefeated in 7 World Lightweight Title fights. Lomachenko will stepping up to the lightweight scene for the first time. Lomachenko is a Feather and Super Feather champion. Loma is a tens on shot, Linares is 8-1. As good as Linares is, Loma should be too hot for him.

16. Dancingbraveforever

I've seen ironing boards with more muscle definition than Hughie fury. He really does lack any form of power. That said, he can box a bit and should be way too much for a very poor foe in Sexton.

On the subject of Loma, forget linares . Terence Crawford is the fight the world wants to see.

17. Cyclonic

I can't blame Loma for not fighting Crawford at the moment DB. This is his first fight at Lightweight since moving from Super Feather. Crawford is soon to fight Horn for the WBO Welterweight belt. At the moment, there is nearly a stone between them. Loma probably needs at least another year to build his frame to 147.

18. Cyclonic

Sexton v Fury. Sam Sexton entered the ring as number 62 in the world, Hughie Fury at number 24. Most of the big questions going into the bout concerned Fury. Would he let his hands go, would his work load improve, and what of the hunger and savagery his team were on about?

I have to admit, I liked what I saw.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  19. Cyclonic

Anthony Joshua's fight agreement with Matchroom is set to run out in November. Now news is all over the net that AJ is to sign a three fight extension to his contract for the princely sum of one hundred million pounds. Nice work if you can get it.

20. Cyclonic