1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

I think Canelos major flaw is that he cant sustain pressure as hes gets too knackered. Whereas, I think GGG will be on him from round one. Taking the centre of the ring, backing him off and cutting off the ring.

I just can't see any other result than a GGG win.

smokethedeadbadger and Cyclonic like this.
  2. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

**** yeah bring it on! Can't wait, these are the sort of fights we should be arguing/discussing over not **** like that freak show a couple of weeks ago. But these fights don't happen nearly often enough with all the politics and different organisations in boxing. World titles are meaning less and less which is kind of sad but all we wanna see is the best fighting the best

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

WBC Champion Deontay Wilder has confirmed that he'll be facing Luis "King Kong" Ortiz at New York's Barclay Center on November 4. <applause>

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That will be very interesting

5. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think this is the big fight GGG has been crying out for, I think in his most recent fights he's been boxing out of character, as he hasn't respected the ability or the punching power of his opponents, he was taking a lot of chances that he wouldn't normally take in his last couple of fights. I think a lot of complacency has been in his fights lately.

Il be expecting to see GGG tuned to the limit in this fight, and he will come in with a much smarter game plan, which he will use to great effect.

Alvarez definitely has the speed advantage and will probably be landing lots of point scoring punches and nicking the early rounds, but eventually those heavy punches from GGG will start to find their target, and I can see him getting the stoppage in about the 8th round.

Cyclonic and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  6. Cyclonic

Billy Joe Saunders' smug faced, brat kid punches and kicks Willie Monroe in the pills. Not a word of admonishment from dad. :steam:

King Shergar likes this.
  7. smokethedeadbadger

**** like that makes it really difficult to keep liking Billy Joe Saunders. I'm a big fan of his a really rate him as a boxer but why they feel the need to do stupid **** outside the ring is beyond me. Its not going to win him any new fans or make him anymore money acting like a prick so why do it

Cyclonic likes this.
  8. King Shergar

Have to admit that did crack me up <laugh>

9. Cyclonic

Looks like we're to have another mouth watering fight before the year ends. On December 9 at America's home of boxing, Madison Square Garden, the much awaited clash between the Cuban superstar Guillermo Rigondeaux and the Ukraine destroyer Vasyl Lomachenko will take place. These two men don't like each other so it should be something to watch. Rigo will have to fight well above his Super Bantamweight class. He'll have to move from his usual 122 pounds to Loma's 130. Personally, I think Loma will destroy him at that weight, but hats off to the man, he's one hell of a fighter.

10. smokethedeadbadger

Had a rare bet in the boxing tonight I usually don't put money down so I can enjoy as a neutral but gone for Golovkin to win in rounds 10-12 at 7/1

11. Cyclonic

For ****'s sake. Adelaide Byrd had Canelo 118 -110. Why does she keep getting work? A disgrace.

12. Dancingbraveforever

What a fkn travesty. GGG won that fight hands down.

Cyclonic likes this.
  13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems like one judge should be removed from judging based on what I have read. Haven't seen the fight

This looks a bit strange though. Why has GGG got his hands down there when he's being clocked in the face

Incidentally, I don't think boxers should be allowed to have beards when they fight

upload_2017-9-17_10-40-35.png

14. Cyclonic

I guess sometimes when ya' get caught cold, ya' hand just drop for a second.

Personally, I think the draw stinks. GGG for mine.

15. smokethedeadbadger

I've just re watched the fight without any sound and scored it 115-114 to Golovkin. Had one round 10-10 and there were rounds that i thought were close. I gave the last 3 rounds to Canelo but they were close, it just seemed to me GGG was missing a fair bit at the end and i preferred what Canelo was doing. I thought Golovkin edged the fight, he seemed to land more of the power shots and was the aggressor throughout but i can't grumble too much with the draw it was quite close overall, both fighters boxed really well. The 118-110 scorecard is an absolute ****ing disgrace though, i've no idea what fight she was watching, there is no argument that can be made to say Canelo won 10 rounds. When i watched it last night full of beer and with full commentary on i thought Golovkin had won by 3 or 4 rounds but after a second watch, it seemed a much closer fight than i first thought.

16. King Shergar

Ashame that the best fighter of his generations perfect record has now been ruined, by what I would call blatant fixing by the judges.

The credibility of boxing is brought into question once again, and the lady judge has set back all woman who are trying to make it in male dominated sports.

This was all just a publicity stunt, as nothing sells tickets better for a rematch than a controversial outcome to the first fight.

To think people where saying the Mayweather/McGregor fight was going to be fixed like a WWE match, and that this fight would be the saviour for boxing this year. Oh dear <laugh>

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  17. Cyclonic

18. smokethedeadbadger

Very interesting and i think without the 118-110 scorecard if that had been 115-113 or a 116-112 or somat then i don't think people would be too upset. It just looks bad because there's no way there could have been a 118-110 in Canelo's favour no matter how you look at it so it makes the judges look incompetent or bent.

Dancingbraveforever and Cyclonic like this.
  19. Dancingbraveforever

You've got to love GGG though. Has there ever been a more humble and dignified World champion?

He knows he was robbed, so do the rest of us. And the only thing he complains about is that he wanted a 'Mexican ' war and he didn't get it.

Cyclonic likes this.
  20. smokethedeadbadger

Did you see UFC last night mate? Rockhold back with a vengeance, first fight back after losing his title to Bisping, making Branch tap out to strikes thats how you want to announce your comeback. Shame he never got his rematch with Bisping

King Shergar likes this.