1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boxing Day - Everton away

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Dec 26, 2012.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Off to one of my favourite grounds in the Prem today, Goodison Park. They of course are on a high at the moment, sitting fifth in the league on GD on 30 points - twice the haul that we've managed to achieve. However, they're without their most dangerous player at the moment, Felliani, and their other main striker Jelavic seems to be misfiring just now. The thing about Everton though is that threats seem to come from all over the pitch, so we can expect a bit of a battering. I don't know if Anichebe is fit but if he is it would seem like a game fro him - given that our four first choice central defenders have been injured, even if Caldwell and Ramis make a return today they're going to lack match fitness and won't fancy going up against someone so physical. Also hoping that McCarthy is able to play - he was supposed to be injured for Arsenal, I think he's carrying an ankle knock. He was, along with Jones and McArthur, fantastic against Arsenal and if the three of them are fit it'll be a helluva midfield battle.

Everton won't forget the 2-2 draw at our place earlir in the season whcih could have gone either way very easily. There wasn't fifteen points between us that day - and the gap today doesn't represent the real distance between the teams.

2. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Hello mate, Blue here you guys either seem to play really well resiliant etc or fold like a pack of cards and even when your playing resiliant you dont seem to have the rub of the green like the defeat to Arsenal recently!
    I have a feeling we can do It and win today but wouldnt be suprised at a draw again lol<ok>

3. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

we Didnt play that well, some nice interchange passing from you throughout the game. Might have had a penalty, good luck for the rest of the season.

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Thanks Shogun, same to your lot, looks like you could continue to make progress again this year, top six finish on the cards maybe..